The online racing simulator
Question about travveling, USA
(115 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :Nice! How far are those from, lets say SA?
And how much would you have to pay to actually take a car out on a track in America? We don't have that here, and I would gladly pay quite a bit to take out any car on a track!

I'm doing a NASCAR experience and you can find the details online for that sort of stuff. I would recommend going to a NASCAR race, they are great fan experiences depending what track you go to.

Plus it's something you 100% cant do in europe
And how much would you have to pay to actually take a car out on a track in America? We don't have that here, and I would gladly pay quite a bit to take out any car on a track!

You can do that in Las Vegas. I think in a small variety of race cars. It's pretty pricey. And there are various packages based on the car and the duration. I think you have some sort of training class for a couple of hours. I dunno. Never did it, but I know they have it.

Here in Houston you ride a ferrari or a lamborghini on an auto cross layout for $80.00 for three laps. Haven't done that yet. Whoever started this up just did so.
There's bound to be other people in other cities that do something similar.

Personally I'd recommend the going to see the Grand Canyon if you can. It's one of those places on the planet that if you have the opportunity to see it in your lifetime, you should.
Quote from Racer Y :You can do that in Las Vegas. I think in a small variety of race cars. It's pretty pricey. And there are various packages based on the car and the duration. I think you have some sort of training class for a couple of hours. I dunno. Never did it, but I know they have it.

Here in Houston you ride a ferrari or a lamborghini on an auto cross layout for $80.00 for three laps. Haven't done that yet. Whoever started this up just did so.
There's bound to be other people in other cities that do something similar.

Personally I'd recommend the going to see the Grand Canyon if you can. It's one of those places on the planet that if you have the opportunity to see it in your lifetime, you should.

We're allready desided that if we go there, we'll of course take a look on Grand Zanyon!

And thanks for the details about the driving thing. Would be fun, even tho for those few laps, to drive a propper car for a change
Quote from Bmxtwins :That being said rumor has it you are gay. And San Fran is the gay capital of the world.

Only in the same sense that American national sports are a "world series". You can't own the capital of everything y'know Brighton is widely regarded as the gay capital, but I guess Amsterdam would be well up there for gay men - and I believe The Very End is already intimately familiar with Amsterdam :P

I can't offer much tourism help for America, I've no personal experience. Short of that as far as I understand it is customary to leave a tip when eating in a cafe - which to a Brit like me sounds a bit alien but I gather that is the done thing there.
I am very familiar with Amster yes ;D

And about tip, yes I'v heared something about that! They demand like minimum 10% of the cost of the food, and if you do not give that they get really offended. Is that true?
Quote from Becky Rose :...it is customary to leave a tip when eating in a cafe - which to a Brit like me sounds a bit alien but I gather that is the done thing there.

Yes, it's customary to leave a 15% tip/gratuity on your tab for eating at any sit-down restaurants - "fast food" chains such as McDonald's etc you don't have to tip at. Usually ones where you're served by a waiter/waitress.

15% is the usual area you should be at, you can tip less if the service is very bad; but if you feel the service was excellent, you can tip more. If the bill has a line for Tip on it and you're dining in, that means it's a tip needed place.

Waiters/Waitresses in those restaurants need the tips to make up their wages - they get paid a very low base rate (in Ohio, the minimum wage for tipped employess is $3.98 per hour, so tips is where they make the bulk of their money.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tra ... ipping.And.Etiquette.html
15% is rather high, but I can understand it. It's not like I want to be cheap or anything, but at least from my point of veiw / culture tip is a small extra you give for good service if you feel for it - it is not forced upon you or needed, and if you tip there is no minimum they want.

Then again they earn more over here, so gues tips is just like a bonus instead of a need.
Yup, over here, people who work for tips earn much, much less than minimum wage before tips.

Hell, come out to Sonoma Raceway just north of SF and I'll ****ing coach you. Track day companies usually charge around $300-$400 per day for a 5 or 6 session day (20 mins per session).

You could even rent a Spec Miata race car for it if you wanted (no street rental car is going to be worth it. Maybe a 3 series...)

As far as culture goes, SF is mostly asians and Russians. It's about as foreign to Americans as any other country... Norwegians fit right in. There's a lot of Scandinavians here.
Haha, yeah, teach me

And I dont want to travvel to America to talk with Scandinavians :/ The worst kind of vecation are those kind of vecations when you end up hanging with people from your own country all the time, the charm is to meet new people and new cultues, do mistakes, learn and generally have a great time too
I've been to Florida last year. Was pretty cool, want to go to the US again next year but then to California!

I thought all the redneck etc stuff... was a bit blown up by the internet. Then I went to see a NASCAR race. It's true.
#62 - th84
I'm confident that you'll feel right at home in San Fran.

Fly down to Atlanta while you're in the states. I'll take you out, get you drunk and then take advantage of your anal region.
Quote from The Very End :Haha, yeah, teach me

And I dont want to travvel to America to talk with Scandinavians :/ The worst kind of vecation are those kind of vecations when you end up hanging with people from your own country all the time, the charm is to meet new people and new cultues, do mistakes, learn and generally have a great time too

......the charm is to meet new people and new cultues, do mistakes, learn and generally have a great time too......

In America, that depends on what neighborhood you go to.
ROFL according to the French Travel Ministry, they say NOT to even travel through my side of town after dark.
It isn't THAT bad...even though I was racing some Aussies online years ago and had to jump up and chase off a punk thinking he was going to break in my house.
Then there's the cartels hits.... I witnessed a drive-by two years ago. No one was hurt, but the house sure was shot up. This new Years, we got to hear dueling machine guns over the rest of the gun fire....
Yeah. Listen to the French. Go to San Francisco.
Quote from th84 :I'm confident that you'll feel right at home in San Fran.

Fly down to Atlanta while you're in the states. I'll take you out, get you drunk and then take advantage of your anal region.

That would be something

Quote from Racer Y :......the charm is to meet new people and new cultues, do mistakes, learn and generally have a great time too......

In America, that depends on what neighborhood you go to.
ROFL according to the French Travel Ministry, they say NOT to even travel through my side of town after dark.
It isn't THAT bad...even though I was racing some Aussies online years ago and had to jump up and chase off a punk thinking he was going to break in my house.
Then there's the cartels hits.... I witnessed a drive-by two years ago. No one was hurt, but the house sure was shot up. This new Years, we got to hear dueling machine guns over the rest of the gun fire....
Yeah. Listen to the French. Go to San Francisco.

Waaa... lol! Well, most places are dangerous anyway, but Im not pretty enough to get raped, and actually I think Im not that skinny either so I don't look like the normal easy target for a 1on1 assault either... unless he has gun, then I'm truelly ****ed.
Quote from The Very End :
Waaa... lol! Well, most places are dangerous anyway, but Im not pretty enough to get raped, and actually I think Im not that skinny either so I don't look like the normal easy target for a 1on1 assault either... unless he has gun, then I'm truelly ****ed.

just avoid eye contact and you'll be fine.
LOL I go on vacation starting next Monday. Unfortunately, it's a staycation.
Houston is the 4th largest city in the USofA and the Largest city with nothing to do. It's really not geared towards tourism at all. Now if you're looking for a job or need to have some off the wall medical procedure done, it's a good place to be. But other than that, there's really not enough to do in this city to plan it as a vacation destination.
Oh wait. we have the Funeral museum. We also have a holocaust museum.
This may be a little off topic, but if all the neo-nazis keep saying the holocaust never happened, then why are there museums dedicated to it all over the world?
#66 - th84
Quote from The Very End :Im not pretty enough to get raped.

:wave2:

One night with me and you'll be wearing adult diapers for the rest of your life.
Quote from Racer Y :just avoid eye contact and you'll be fine.
LOL I go on vacation starting next Monday. Unfortunately, it's a staycation.
Houston is the 4th largest city in the USofA and the Largest city with nothing to do. It's really not geared towards tourism at all. Now if you're looking for a job or need to have some off the wall medical procedure done, it's a good place to be. But other than that, there's really not enough to do in this city to plan it as a vacation destination.
Oh wait. we have the Funeral museum. We also have a holocaust museum.
This may be a little off topic, but if all the neo-nazis keep saying the holocaust never happened, then why are there museums dedicated to it all over the world?

You've got an Indycar race, a half-decent football team, a half-decent handegg team, and lots of good Mexican food.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You've got an Indycar race, a half-decent football team, a half-decent handegg team, and lots of good Mexican food.

unfortunately the place is also full of texans
That reminds me, try to get barbeque while you're here, it might be your only chance.
While in SanFran go to the golden gate and maybe alcatraz. Heard its kinda cool
Quote from Bmxtwins :While in SanFran go to the golden gate and maybe alcatraz. Heard its kinda cool

If Tor goes to Alcatraz, he'll never get released.
Quote from Shotglass :unfortunately the place is also full of texans

This is very racist and offensive. :chair: One of my close friends is currently living in Houston. Just because someone is from Texas doesn't mean anything, in fact most Texans will welcome you and be very friendly if you aren't an arrogant jerk or insult freedom.
Tor, the first rule of America is every American owns a gun and enjoys showing you and talking about their gun.

You should, at every opportunity, walk up to Americans and ask to see their gun. If they say "I don't own a gun".. It's a lie. They're just shy about the size of their gun. Apologize politely.

Also, Texan isn't a race.
Haha Dawe, thanks, I'll remember that
Quote from Blade3562 :This is very racist and offensive. :chair: One of my close friends is currently living in Houston. Just because someone is from Texas doesn't mean anything, in fact most Texans will welcome you and be very friendly if you aren't an arrogant jerk or insult freedom.

Awww don't be so hard on him... he's just another greasy foreign kid from some third world country that hates us. You should be used to it by now. Just send Sally Struthers a dollar a day and he'll be happy.
-
(Racer Y) DELETED by Racer Y

Question about travveling, USA
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG