The online racing simulator
What happened to Bose321
(129 posts, closed, started )
I've seen this extended version of the word Arab written before. Nothing was done before, but we weren't on the crackdown.

I don't really care who thinks it's racist. I am not going to spend large amounts of money running a forum where every time an Arab writes something, someone shouts "Araaaaabbb".

Got it? It's the same if a woman writes here and someone wrote "wooommmaaaaaaannnnnnnnn". I wouldn't suggest that person is a woman hater, after all he probably has a mother. But I would suggest there is a strong possibility the woman might steer clear of this place next time.

And that unwelcoming attitude is what I am trying to get rid of. It can't be that hard do understand, can it?
Nah...

There is an us and them everywhere.. It already starts at school or any environment where a community is formed. It's natural behavior. People who think that everybody can happily can coexist together and it's all lovely flowers and stuff... Those are still in the hippy period of the 1960's (again an us and them rating)... In modern western world it's not going to happen anymore, the culture is too much based on capitalism, material stuff and one of the worst energy's which can exists; jealousy.

But it's not that bad here, way overreacting.

Racist or racism is also a way too heavy word and most of the time misused.
The thing people don't understand about anti-racism is the most important thing, equality. Why would calling the minority's name count as racism, if calling the majority isn't? People would get banned for calling me Hungarian at any of the times? Not really. Why? Because I'm not from the countries which are considered as ridden? Or just because my race isn't targeted by racism? If any of those arab/asian/black and whatever you listed there call names on white people, it's completely okay because that race isn't the target of racism? I don't and I've never got the idea behind the logic of this. Why can't we just be people without calling names on races or calling those names out without being offended by actually naming you on your race. (Hum, that will be hard to understand for others, nvm)

Thats my 2 cents on racism, which I probably meet almost every day here in Hungary.

EDIT: The last post of Scawen just appeared after writing my post. So um, yea I understand the point about unwelcoming stuff like that. It's totally fine to suspend if you see it that way.
So, cargame.nl, you would think it's right that if Stephen Fry came and posted here, it would be fine for people to post "gaaaaaayyyyyyyy" and if Denzel Washington made a post, it's ok to post "blaaaaaaaaccckkk".

Well, as I said, it doesn't matter what you think. That type of behaviour will result in a ban on our forum. It's not overreacting. It's making sure that all people are welcome.
I don't think this forum suffers that much from racism though, so it's indeed a bit of overreaction on the case. At least, I didn't notice much of it in the past few years. I can safely assume that this is one of the high-end forums in terms of community and attitude.
The forum is way to often a hostile place. I welcome any initiative to get rid of the obvious rotten apples who find joy in being destructive anytime they post something.

I know I would have less patience with these partycrashers than Scawen.
Quote from Scawen :So, cargame.nl, you would think it's right that if Stephen Fry came and posted here, it would be fine for people to post "gaaaaaayyyyyyyy" and if Denzel Washington made a post, it's ok to post "blaaaaaaaaccckkk".

Well, as I said, it doesn't matter what you think. That type of behaviour will result in a ban on our forum. It's not overreacting. It's making sure that all people are welcome.

well, there wouldn't be someone who made a server named "Black drifters" or "Gay drifters" and then post about it would there?
Quote from Scawen :Well, as I said, it doesn't matter what you think.

that's nice to know
Well.. No.. It's not OK, it doesn't add anything to the discussion... It shows complete boredom, people don't know how to entertain themselves anymore. Don't know how to behave to get some attention and then this pops up, a small group of bored people forms and it's going from annoying to really annoying.

But racist/racism... I don't think it has much to do with that. Those ideologies most of the time are not being hidden for 9000 posts and/or so many years.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :that's nice to know

It's absurd to take one sentence out of context and comment on it as if it was said alone.

Quote from cargame.nl :But racist/racism... I don't think it has much to do with that. Those ideologies most of the time are not being hidden for 9000 posts and/or so many years.

I am not suggesting that Bose is a racist. Just that his post is not welcoming and can't be tolerated on our forum as we try to make sure it is welcoming to all people. His ban is one month.

I've banned people for 6 months or a year for genuine racism. Some of them, with the images they have posted, I sometimes feel I should have given a permanent ban. But I wonder if there might be hope for some people, even if they really think it's fine to heavily insult people just because they belong to some "race" rather than taking each person as they come. Maybe people can learn and that's why I want to give them a second chance.
it's clearly not just about racism, I read lfs forum daily and IMO bose posted too many "make others stupid" especially with new players questions or whatever.

and too much member are reacting like him, is sad but this forum becoming more and more hostile.

sorry for my bad english.
Quote from Chriship :Its better to grow up a bit and stop making stupid replies which arent helping anyone. Theres no need for stupid comments like his and many other ones. And yes Fordman, freedom has a limit, and when you use freedom to disrespect someome you are going a little bit too far.

Everyone has a limit, and when he or other user spends all the time messing out in the forums, theres always an end. Tbh, happy that they start setting everyone in their place.

Quote from sicotange :The forum is way to often a hostile place. I welcome any initiative to get rid of the obvious rotten apples who find joy in being destructive anytime they post something.

I know I would have less patience with these partycrashers than Scawen.

Quote from lfsrm :it's clearly not just about racism, I read lfs forum daily and IMO bose posted too many "make others stupid" especially with new players questions or whatever.

and too much member are reacting like him, is sad but this forum becoming more and more hostile[..]

^These^

I don't post very often, but I read the forum almost daily. Sometimes it seems like it has been taken under assault by just a few (same) people with name calling going in all directions. Even if some of the forumers feel like home here, even if you may be knowing each other very well to be able to cross the "polite" line, this remains a public forum and those kind of posts still create an unwelcome feeling "from the outside".

Sure, the forum itself and the moderation will not solve the problems in the world (being racism or other) BUT it sure can encourage keeping a civilized atmosphere. With apologies in advance, I really don't care how you are in the real life, as long as in here it's possible to stay polite and decent. It's all I'd like to see.

Of course, we can all go philosophical about the subject, for the love of arguing, but in the essence I think everybody can understand Scawen's point. And I for one, I concur.

PS: Too bad the forum's engine doesn't have a "Like Post" feature, would be easier
Quote from luchian :

PS: Too bad the forum's engine doesn't have a "Like Post" feature, would be easier

That would make things worse. I guarantee.
Confused as to why some of you are arguing with the guy who owns this site; his site, his rules. If you don't agree, leave. You won't be missed after a while, anyhow. I wasn't.
Quote from jayhawk :Confused as to why some of you are arguing with the guy who owns this site; his site, his rules. If you don't agree, leave. You won't be missed after a while, anyhow. I wasn't.

because thats bordering on dictatorship... "do as i say or else".. etc

if i was to disagree with Scawen there should be no comeuppance if i was to put across my point of view as long as it was done the right way..

i got banned from assetto corsa for 6 days for calling someone an imbecile due to him posting utter nonsense about the realism of using a mouse to steer the car.. just be thankful that scawen isnt that harsh.
Quote from Scawen :Racism is a serious problem on the internet (and in the world generally, though people watch their tongue less on the internet because they don't fear being punched in the face). It's not all about "hard right" violent thugs. It's also about the constant drip, drip of racial comments trying to reinforce stereotypes that do not apply to most people and only serve to put people down, make people feel unwelcome and separate communities. LFS forum is not going to be part of that. It is a place where all reasonable people are welcome.

Britttttttiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssish people have yellow teeth, right?
Yes, good thinking. But maybe time to actually put the yellow card system to a use. Two yellow cards and you get a red (depending on severity). This gives trouble makers a chance to shape up before they get the boot.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Britttttttiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssish people have yellow teeth, right?
Yes, good thinking. But maybe time to actually put the yellow card system to a use. Two yellow cards and you get a red (depending on severity). This gives trouble makers a chance to shape up before they get the boot.

this aint football. In football they need to be that childish, here the people (I HOPE) have the brains to not post idiotic stuff
Quote from luchian :^These^

I don't post very often, but I read the forum almost daily. Sometimes it seems like it has been taken under assault by just a few (same) people with name calling going in all directions. Even if some of the forumers feel like home here, even if you may be knowing each other very well to be able to cross the "polite" line, this remains a public forum and those kind of posts still create an unwelcome feeling "from the outside".

Yep, I feel the same. I'm glad to see some more heavy moderation.

Quote from R3DMAN :because thats bordering on dictatorship... "do as i say or else".. etc

if i was to disagree with Scawen there should be no comeuppance if i was to put across my point of view as long as it was done the right way..

i got banned from assetto corsa for 6 days for calling someone an imbecile due to him posting utter nonsense about the realism of using a mouse to steer the car.. just be thankful that scawen isnt that harsh.

Every forum is a dictatorship. This is not a public free-speech environment. This is "Scawen's (Eric/Victor's) house". And if they want you to leave for any reason at all, they are totally within their rights to ban who they like and you have no come back. Just like if you where visiting some ones house in real life... At least that's how I view forums.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Britttttttiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssish people have yellow teeth, right?

Uh, that's what infractions do. If you get too many infractions within a short period of time, you lose your posting abilities. You can still browse the forum, PM people, but you cannot post.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Uh, that's what infractions do. If you get too many infractions within a short period of time, you lose your posting abilities. You can still browse the forum, PM people, but you cannot post.

that is why I post stupid comments spread over time
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :that is why I post stupid comments spread over time

And that's why there are bans.
On the next episode of The Surreal Life: Sim-Racing edition...
I didn't see/can't comment on the post that started this thread.

However, glad to see something is being done about the standards on the forum, too many lines have been crossed in my opinion of late on this forum, the two that stand out a mile is racism and insulting dead people.

I am pretty surprised that this forum is effectively condoning a certain individual's pro-apartheid remarks, I'm sure I can't be the only one to have reported the posts...

This is a public forum and it isn't always possible to tell the difference between a bit of innocent humour and the type of right wing psychopath who really thinks civil rights was a bad thing.
Quote from Scawen :Well, as I said, it doesn't matter what you think. That type of behaviour will result in a ban on our forum. It's not overreacting. It's making sure that all people are welcome.

Indeed, as I said too, they should start growing up and stop making replys which are just trying to offend all the time. When an english person makes a thread in this forum, all they get is " Good Luck " , but if someone who's not English native makes a thread, they start and search something to blame at, making that person feel unwelcome.

So, Well Done Scawen, happy to see that there's action taken.
This thread is closed

What happened to Bose321
(129 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG