The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
Maintenance in progress. Back up before 20 UTC.
When we're back, things will be Ruf in California.
The RUF package is balls.

C-Spec version is really solid to drive, abit understeery in some corners and quite hard suspension making the car bouncing off curbs.
I just rolled in T1 of Spa.

The Track one is my favourite.
Just had some laps on Montreal, really love the feeling for the car and the power of it, also. Great downforce making it really nice flying around the corners, here. Can't wait to get on track again with this beast.

I can't say anything constructive for the 730bhp RWD version to be honest, just tried it on Daytona and holy crap. This is abit too much for me, this thing is getting 320km/h on straight here and isn't even controlable seriously.
Quote from FireMike15 :The RUF package is balls.

C-Spec version is really solid to drive, abit understeery in some corners and quite hard suspension making the car bouncing off curbs.
I just rolled in T1 of Spa.

The Track one is my favourite.
Just had some laps on Montreal, really love the feeling for the car and the power of it, also. Great downforce making it really nice flying around the corners, here. Can't wait to get on track again with this beast.

I can't say anything constructive for the 730bhp RWD version to be honest, just tried it on Daytona and holy crap. This is abit too much for me, this thing is getting 320km/h on straight here and isn't even controlable seriously.

So is this supposed to have a more uptodate version of NTM5 (saying this has like v5.2, while MX and solstice have 5.1)? Noticed any differences?
Quote from carfetish :So is this supposed to have a more uptodate version of NTM5 (saying this has like v5.2, while MX and solstice have 5.1)? Noticed any differences?

Apparently it has the same tyre model as the rest of the NTM5 cars, as rolling in the updates to the tyre for just the RUF would **** up the rest of the NTM5 cars.
Quote from DeKo :Apparently it has the same tyre model as the rest of the NTM5 cars, as rolling in the updates to the tyre for just the RUF would **** up the rest of the NTM5 cars.

Ok, just saw this too:
Quote from Steve Myers :This is a preview because they will get even better in the January build when all of the tire updates are applied to it. We could not roll out the full tire update because it would impact all of the current V5 tire cars which we did not have time to tune. Just to be clear the RUF is on the ntmV5, but there will be a further update to this model for all cars running it in the next build. AWD version will also be in the January build.

Speculations: the wording might suggest that there were in fact some tire updates that were applied, just not all of them. It doesn't say if the next NTM iteration coming in January will be applied to any other non v5 car. Given that they have it figured out for the Ruf, I would make sense to at least put it on the McLaen and comparable cars. In the comments on the handing of the Ruf, I'm reading of "fundamental grip issues" and "rear lateral grip" issues on NTM5. What are these? Is it something that emerged just now, after 1.5 months of figuring out all the limits and glitches of the october build?
Quote from DeKo :Apparently it has the same tyre model as the rest of the NTM5 cars, as rolling in the updates to the tyre for just the RUF would **** up the rest of the NTM5 cars.

Because iRacing can't create a proper universal tyre model? It's silly. Anyone actually still paying for that crap needs better service than that. I mean they said something in response to how easy the Ruf is rolling over that it's a "preview release" or some shit.
AWD RUF?!

Quote from Töki (HUN) :AWD RUF?!

Yea, it's that option that nobody chooses over RWD. So it's iRacings way of making their playerbase believe they got three cars for the price of one, when in reality they got 1 car for the price of a complete game.
Reminds me of driving the street stock on Charlotte infield road at night.
Quote from JackDaMaster :Reminds me of driving the street stock on Charlotte infield road at night.

LOL

Remember guys. Cars can barrel roll at low speed!
I like to eat dookie.
Will they be doing a RUF special offer for Christmas?
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
They confirmed Monza. Will be fun watching the biggest pile up in the history of ever in T1 of DWC there.
How did you find out? I was told not to tell anyone lol, someone leaked it!!
Quote from Bmxtwins :How did you find out? I was told not to tell anyone lol, someone leaked it!!

facebook man

but yeah, who will roll the most is the question
It was old news anyways.

And RUF is crap.
Then why did David want it to be secret lol. Anyways IMOLA signed as well.
Monza was the old news, Imola was the new. I want to say TonyG might have let it slip many months ago, because me and Boothy had already knew about it. Didn't know about the Imola one though.

And DP is an interesting one. He made a "hush hush" comment about GTC being removed before last season, but it was obvious for about 2 weeks prior.
Ruf RWD street car is a terrible car, unsaveable at anything more than tiny slip angles, feels like a piece of shit compared to any of the AC cars. If this is what a 911 road car feels like, I'll take the Cayman.

I do really like the track car though, the highest compliment I can give it is it feels like AC with slightly less grip. The default setup isn't great at all, but with it sorted its a fun car, plenty of traction, can happily catch it on acceleration out of corners at quite high slip angles and I can almost feel the tyre actually biting and gripping the road instead of floating on top of it.

It is undeniable that iRacing runs great and looks very decent, even at 5760 res with high details and plenty of AA/AF I'm still getting a solid 124fps and silky smooth gameplay, while with AC on my own I'm struggling to get 100 unless I turn everything off, including most AA and AF. I'm very happy that iRacing have given me something to play with and properly race again while waiting for AC to mature.
Scirocco confirmed for spring 2014.
Driver Swaps, coming in next build.

Eternally next build.
When will iRacing lower there ridiculous prices?
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dekojester : pointless posts
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by dekojester : pointless posts
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dekojester : pointless posts
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by dekojester : pointless posts

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG