The online racing simulator
Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
Awesome!
Drove to New Jersey and back last weekend. 35.5mpg on the trip (on winter tires, no less). Very pleased!
My last trackday I used 35 liters on 90km... That's roughly 7mpg.....

35mpg should be pretty easy, unless you are running on that diluted piss you americans call gasoline...
Quote from atledreier :My last trackday I used 35 liters on 90km... That's roughly 7mpg.....

35mpg should be pretty easy, unless you are running on that diluted piss you americans call gasoline...

Can't run the 86 on anything less than 93 octane (using our silly octane rating system).

The FR-S is rated for 34 highway MPG, and official MPG ratings are typically a bit higher than what you actually get. Hence my surprise.
I've done consistently better mpg than the ad says, especially on long trips.

According to my tuner he can run significantly more timing on my car with proper 98RON V-power (Norway blend) than he can on the american 93 silly octanes.
Nice car..
What day did you drive on the Ring ? I just might have a picture from you as I go there like 3 times a month. Next time you go south to that one-lane toll road in Germany let me know in advance haha
I'm told you can get a lot more powah using E85, too.
Sunday July 21st. Dark grey with RK-plates. :-) Would love some pictures!

E85 has some power in it. The FA20 engine is so high compression that it can really benefit from higher octane fuels. Taking mine on the dyno tonight, gonna be fun to see if my tuner could wring out a little extra oomph. Sure feels like it! :-)
Quote from atledreier :My last trackday I used 35 liters on 90km... That's roughly 7mpg.....

your MPG are different to americas MPG.

35 in Europe would be about 30 in America.
Depends on what calculator you use, I guess? Or rather, what kind of gallon? What's wrong with SI units anyway? :-)

But yeah, checked it again, and 35 US MPG seems fair for a longer trip. :-) My trackday MPG got even worse at ~6,1MPG.

Edit: Using this calculator
We're all losing to the 918 Spyder, anyhow.

Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG