The online racing simulator
Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
Keep going, guys. Keep going.
Is that a kart track or something?!
It is indeed a kart track. Still fun as hell! :-)

Last weekend I did a 1000mile drive in the Norwegian mountains with some 40-ish other cars. Had an absolutely stunnig time. Got so many comments on my car and how I could keep the speed up in corners where the new porsche crowd had to back off. One guy asked me what rubber I used and how I kept up and even outran them in places. Told them i was still on the Eco-rubber that came witht he car, and it's a matter of feeling limits so you can explore and exploit them, not have limits so high and narrow that you don't dare approach them. Ever.

I'd much rather have 200hp I can use all the time and grip I can utilize 110% than 400hp and limitless grip that I don't dare to use other than a straight line.
Quote from jibber :The toyos will be another world, prepare yourself!

I've got my new car (speedster turbo) since the 6th of april this year and put 6'000km on it already (and it's not my daily driver), finished the rear tyres (r888) and had about three speeding tickets (nothing bad, 56 instead of 50, etc.)... you're doing it wrong...

lol

what you replace them with?

i always use r888's just because i dont do the miles to warrent not using them
Since the fronts are still good, i'm going to get R888 again (and i've gotten so used to them, had them on the S2000 already).
it's terrible

For that money you can get the 'best driver's car' in the world

the daddy's car
Had it on track again this weekend, this time on Toyo R888 rubber. The difference is pretty substantial. I used to do around 53.5 laps on my lokal shitty track. Yesterday I did 52.28, and that was with a new shicane onto the back straight due to surface damage. Figuring 51.5, so around 2 seconds off on a VERY tight and slow track. That eco-rubber the car comes with is really not very good.... :-p
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
Quote from atledreier :Had it on track again this weekend, this time on Toyo R888 rubber. The difference is pretty substantial. I used to do around 53.5 laps on my lokal shitty track. Yesterday I did 52.28, and that was with a new shicane onto the back straight due to surface damage. Figuring 51.5, so around 2 seconds off on a VERY tight and slow track. That eco-rubber the car comes with is really not very good.... :-p

Then again R888's is about the closest you'll get to slick tyres whilst being road legal
Indeed. So polar opposites, those two tyres.
Let's just say you shouldn't expect 50.000km on them like the others
Hehe. Indeed.
Going to pick up my (very slightly) used FR-S tomorrow.

Finally!

(atledreier, I won't get you depressed by telling you how much it cost.)
Hehe! Enjoy the heck out of it, DWB! :-)

Mine has done about 20k miles now and still solid as a rock. It's brilliant on Toyo R888s on track! :-)
Awesome. The first tires I buy for mine are going to be snow ties, though.
Was the same for me. Day I picked it up was first day of snow, and we set a record cold spell last winter. We usually have liek two, thrre days of snow during winter, last year we had a solid three months.
The stock tires are utter crap, but very entertaining. They can take any kind of abuse and come out looking unused, and they are very slippery. I have had mine on 20.000km of normal driving, 6-7 trackdays, took them to the nurburgring, went drifting for a day and generally abused them for a whole season, and they still have a mm or two to go before the wearmarks. Replacing htem next year though, going for 18" summer tires, as performance is less of an issue with dedicated track tires. Mostly for looks and decent street grip.
I'm gonna need pictures of that FR-S, though... :-) What colour is it? ANything done to it?
If you're gonna do any performance mods I highly recommend Circuit motorsports. They e-tune your car, and it turned out REALLY good for me. Torquedip is nearly gone and top end is stronger. Sounds awesome too when the cams work their magic in the midrange.
I'll have better images soon, but in the meantime... http://instagram.com/p/g09VPOriaY/

No mods. Original owner was a lease. Bone stock with 16,575mi on it.

Not sure if I'll do anything to it. Will probably ride out the warranty period (1.5yr) and see what I feel like doing after that.
Very nice! I like the silver. :-)
nice one!! Congrats Dwab!
Nice, have fun with it, Ben.

Looks as if you're.. enjoying it
I am! ALOT!

A new exhaust and a tune, and saving up for some cosmetic mods like wheels and springs for next season. Couldn't ask for a better daily driver/toy/trackday combo!

Toyota GT86
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG