The online racing simulator
Maybe there was a misunderstanding on IRC. We do not seek excuses to go unpunished for an eventual accident or to have other cars moved out of line. :wtf2:
Simply we report what the driver sees on the track, with the purpose of avoiding accidents due to lag.

From IRC:

[19:16] <M5S-Team> #62 heavy lag
[19:16] <LLMMatt> not registering any here
[19:16] <@hyntty> neither here
[19:16] <LLMMatt> you guys seem to be tho
[19:16] <LLMMatt> judging by that runoff on remote
[19:17] <LLMMatt> remember your GT1 your responsibility to overtake cleanly
[19:17] <LLMMatt> we aren't going to just move off the line because you divebomb us
[19:17] <@Bean0> blue flag = prepare for impact
[19:17] <@Bean0> oh wait, thats crashgame
[19:17] <LLMMatt> ye
[19:19] <M5S-Team> I just did a report
[19:19] <LLMMatt> yea NP thanks for letting us know that you are lagging

Screenshots from official replay.
Attached images
lfs_00000717.jpg
More or less, only need to report consistent lag. hyntty didn't register any further lag so no action was needed.
Quote from dekojester :I will go through that mess and figure out what needs to be changed, if anything. It's usually more a case of drivers changing their behaviour and not changing the rules. The quick looks we gave it after the start showed lots of lag involved (and I had shite FPS trying to look at it, yay crap PC and two LFS's I'll start accepting donations to the "Get deko a new PC fund" now, kthx ^^)

To abort after that schemozzle would have sent the entire course SCD, and been treated as a regular SC restart.

I appreciate your response. As you say, I also think it's something to improve more from the drivers side. my post does not intend to claim for a safety car, the idea was to discuss / talk about the situation that led to the "bowling mafia car".

Quote from M Ekström :Yeah, I was kinda confused how small the distances between the cars were...
Luckily, we didn't have any trouble because of that in the GT1-field and as long as there is noone lagging like hell, it's ok i think. But rules are rules and obeying them seems pretty hard during a starting procedure.

It was also quite irritating how often the field got down to about 50-60 kph..

I'm glad to see we're not the only ones who think in this situation. This time we were the victims, but in many leagues we have seen similar situations happened to others teams.

If we can improve this point, i think it would be a benefit to all.
I think that there is a mistake in the penalty-post (last one).

Quote :Session of Incident : Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident : 212 - 5h 36m 19s
Car(s) involved: #05 - #04
Location of Incident: Turn 4
#05 after incident moves back putting #04 off the track

Car 25 - 25 seconds appended to race time (SG conversion) - Unsafe recovery from an incident. It should be noted that Cars 4, 8 and 19 (among others) ignored the LFS-generated yellow flags, contributing to this incident.

I don't see how our car (#25) is involved in that incident according to the protest. But still, we should get a 25s-penalty?
It wouldn't change anything for us, but I believe it's a typo.
Quote :Car 57 - 12 seconds appended to race time (DT conversion) - Causing an Avoidable Incident while being lapped.

Umm.. Ok, But.. I am still not sure where I made the mistake, because I think there was bad situation caused by the other car, who could leave more space for me, because it is very fast corner, and it was near to the end of race, so he would not loose that much time... The unlucky thing was, that he stepped on brake right in the same moment, when i turned, expecting that he will finish the pass before i can hit him because of his higher speed.. Also, isn't faster car responsible for safe pass?

Just my opinion...
Quote from DjBlueIce :
Session of Incident : Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident : 212 - 5h 36m 19s
Car(s) involved: #05 - #04
Location of Incident: Turn 4
#05 after incident moves back putting #04 off the track
Quote from dekojester :
Car 25 - 25 seconds appended to race time (SG conversion) - Unsafe recovery from an incident. It should be noted that Cars 4, 8 and 19 (among others) ignored the LFS-generated yellow flags, contributing to this incident.

Should this say car 05 ??
Quote from M Ekström :I think that there is a mistake in the penalty-post (last one).

I don't see how our car (#25) is involved in that incident according to the protest. But still, we should get a 25s-penalty?
It wouldn't change anything for us, but I believe it's a typo.

It was a typo, yes. I've fixed it and it will be applied correctly in the results

Quote from Denny12 :Umm.. Ok, But.. I am still not sure where I made the mistake, because I think there was bad situation caused by the other car, who could leave more space for me, because it is very fast corner, and it was near to the end of race, so he would not loose that much time... The unlucky thing was, that he stepped on brake right in the same moment, when i turned, expecting that he will finish the pass before i can hit him because of his higher speed.. Also, isn't faster car responsible for safe pass?

Just my opinion...

The overtaking car was already largely completing of the pass. A small extra dab of the brake from your car to yield the corner would have prevented the incident.

We know the general cause of most of these lapping incidents, and are working on how best to explain how we expect drivers in each class to behave in these situations. We'll get this out soon as a special thread.
So car 49 just running into my rear quarter panel is a racing incident? I fail to see that.

It doesn't effect the results so I could careless. But wtf, why are GT1 cars allowed to just plow into the GT2's.

And Cq was lagging so bad they should've got off the track. Vires' protest was pretty fair, first off its in the sporting code:

THE FOLLOWING DRIVER MUST OVERTAKE SAFELY

second of all:

Cq cars were lagging, no one else. So maybe we should put their entire team on a watch when it was reported during a race. No reason to effect the other 28 cars.

Not mad at Cq, mad at the administration because there were quite a few cars heavily damaged from their lag.

None the less it's a learning experience for all of us.
Quote from Bmxtwins :snip*

Actually that's not only cq, but polish as Adam was also quite laggy...I suspect something happened to their internet provider. Anyway issue due to lag aren't really driver's fault, but a driver that know he is lagging should overtake carefully.
Quote from MoMo92i :I suspect something happened to their internet provider.

I think it was bigger than that, everyone of us lives in a different city and probably uses different connection types - I know for a fact that we have fibres, ADSLs and radio connections and it didn't matter in the race, everyone was lagging just the same. I can't say what Adam is using, but AFAIK he lives in a capital city so his connection should be top notch.
Next time we'll try to do a few laps before the race on the official server and see what we've got, but there wasn't much to do to avoid it.
And to address the 'should be overtaking in a safe manner' rule - I can show you a race replay from my perspective and you'll see how much of a room for lag I was leaving, not to mention that it cost me a lot of time and even gave me overheating tires because of taking unusually tight lines. There was just no way of knowing when the lag was going to strike.
-
(Bmxtwins) DELETED by Bmxtwins

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG