The online racing simulator
Bought a G25 again and reinstalled LFS and...
... no. Simply no.

Yes, LFS might have some realistic aspects but some stuff is just soooo off it really completely ruins it for me.

Anyway, I'm not going into details. I actually just want to ask what games you know of that are fun to drive with a controller like the G25.
Quote from Bandit77 :Anyway, I'm not going into details.

Why not? I'm sure people would love to know why it's so horrid.
What are your logitech profiler settings?
Quote from Bandit77 :... no. Simply no.

Yes, LFS might have some realistic aspects but some stuff is just soooo off it really completely ruins it for me.

Anyway, I'm not going into details. I actually just want to ask what games you know of that are fun to drive with a controller like the G25.

let me guess, you are one of those rTractor fan boys?
going by the amount of distance driven and lap times, i would hazard a guess that hes not even tried to set his wheel proper or at least begun too.

@OP , search for help on setting your wheel and also get some car sets too test and you will notice a difference. The problem will be a lot to do with them
LOL, rTractor! That made my day.
Quote from bishtop :going by the amount of distance driven and lap times, i would hazard a guess that hes not even tried to set his wheel proper or at least begun too.

are you f'in kidding me?

boys, compare my joining date to yours, read the title again (pay attention to words like AGAIN and REinstalled), read the whole first post again (incl. the more important last paragraph) and then try again, if you have something to say.
What's Join dates got to do with it? as others have said spend a little time setting your wheel up to suit you and getting back into it.

Personally LFS still takes some beating, certainly nothing else I would recommend over it for the time being.

You might want to also explain what it is you don't like, could be something that can be changed
Waiter,this soup has something tasty in it,but there is something that ruines it. I don't want to go into details,so bring me other soup!
We are just curious as to why LFS feels soo horrid for you...
"This shit sucks" care explaining why, so we can improve?

OT:
>GTR2 feels very nice, the FFB is very good, but i have a hard time learning the tracks again.

>Richard Burns Rally: Awesome. The accelerator may be too sensible and the camera sometimes feels wrong. Though, there is a mod for the camera and option for input sensitivity.

>Race07 (&siblings): Feels pretty much like GTR2 (no wai man) but i think the FFB is not quite the same. Still, not bad.

>iRacing: if youre not afraid of spending, the comunity and racing is very good. I personally consider the physics enough and convincing (some actually hate with all their heart). After racing a lot on Laguna Seca, i can't seem to play on this track on any other simulator and not complaining about how it iRacing's Laguna Seca is awesome (because... laser scan).
Also Miatas on Lime Rock = Awesome.

>SimRaceway: Apart from the graphics, i actually think it fares very well. I havent spent a dime yet on this, but Evo X on Lime Rock is awesome too.
Still, if you dont buy the cars, you will have a hard time finding servers to play. they are cheap though (you can get a pack of 12 for like 6 bucks)

>Assetto Corsa: Please do try to get the tech preview. It's ****ing awesome, the FFB feeling is just right.

[Arcade games (just for phun)]

>NFS Hot Pursuit(2012): It's quite fun if you reduce the wheel lock to lock range to 360 or less. the game becomes easy as ****. No FFB though.

>Burnout Paradise: Again, same as NFS Hot Pursuit. Technically it has FFB, but i couldn't get it to work.

On a side note, playing arcade games with G25/27 makes them kinda... easy or trivial. you dont have to worry about racing lines or heel/toe or trail braking. just releasing and reappling throttle, OR braking slightly, you regain total control. Use the spare brain processing power to whatever you want.
If everybody on the forum(s) would answer the way you ^^ did, this place would be a lot nicer.

OT: rF2 has a free demo also, and personally I find the feeling very nice.
Quote from Eclipsed :Waiter,this soup has something tasty in it,but there is something that ruines it. I don't want to go into details,so bring me other soup!

that analogy pretty much supports the way I deal with LFS... but I get the feeling that wasn't your intention. that's why I quoted you - so you can't edit your post.

calvinaquino: thanks for the suggestions. tried race07 a couple of days ago, and while I think the handling isn't that bad, there's no real 'information' about what the car is doing in the FFB.

as for what's wrong with LFS: there's just no point in writing the same over and over again - it won't be improved. and usually all it leads to is a couple of guys saying "oh, that is how a real car behaves". no, it isn't.
The idea of this analogy - if you don't explain what's wrong with the soup,how do you know,that the waiter doesn't bring another one with with same thing that is ruining your meal?
Well, we all have our own tastes and experiences, and this topic (about LFS) is quite tiring.

Race07: Yes, i think from that list is the one with the lower score.

The only Sim i want to play right now is Assetto Corsa. the Tech Preview feels soo good that i find myself coming back everyday, and now i race against my dad (some weeks ago i presented him the G27, and he is also a car addict)
Cue long nights beating each other's records.

Also, NetKar Pro. i couldn't get into it too much, but some people consider it good.
It's also made by the same people making Assetto Corsa (Kunos Simulazioni).

PS: You know you're trying too hard in simulators when you pick an arcade game with G27 and actually have fun with it xD.
Quote from Bandit77 :... no. Simply no.

I had much fun with a G25 and LFS...without a doubt the best simulation (that I tried,) of a car when I am sat on the sofa....
I knew I remembered your name...https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53803

Did you buy an old wheel...or get it out of the cupboard...?
bandit, u so funneyh
-
Shouldn't this be in off-topic? (Mountaindewzilla) DELETED by Mountaindewzilla : I should probably delete a lot of my posts ;)
downloaded firefox again and clicked this thread and...
... no. Simply no.

Yes, this thread might have some funny aspects but some stuff is just soooo off it really completely ruins it for me.

Anyway, I'm not going into details. I actually just want to ask what threads you know of that are fun to read with a browser like the firefox.
went to the market and bought a carrot and...
...no. simply no.

yes it might have the same colour, but it is so not tasting like the carrots out of the can it completely ruins it for me.

anyways i am not going into details. i just want to know if you maybe know some artificial carrots that might taste even better?

peace, mo

the ffb in lfs is only coming from the front wheels and so back wheel driven cars might seem to be more realistic feeling in other games with lots of artificial and canned effects. but i also would like to hear what it really is that is not realistic enough in lfs so there might be a chance to make it better. and i am still not sure if a simulator does have to be ecactly like the reality - to me it must simulate the reality in a most convincing way and that can be very different from the real world because our senses can be fooled very easily to believe. you all want to have the uber real driving simulator - so where are your seatbelts and helmets so you don´t get hurt if you crash at 200mph? do you want to die in your living room playing a simulator? if so i would prefer to actually go out and die in any nice fast car on the real nordschleife track!
Quote from molocco :you all want to have the uber real driving simulator - so where are your seatbelts and helmets so you don´t get hurt if you crash at 200mph? do you want to die in your living room playing a simulator? if so i would prefer to actually go out and die in any nice fast car on the real nordschleife track!

wisest words I have read on this forum
i see bobs
Quote from Bandit77 :I actually just want to ask what games you know of that are fun to drive with a controller like the G25.

well for $5.72 i just got a copy of netKar PRO and downloaded the nurburgring (free) and Lamborghini Gallardo (free). this combo is definitely a blast with the G25. FFB is excellent.

unfortunately it doesn't work in the wet because of some buffer bug that causes lag over time. a shame because the handling and reflections and what not are killer (you feel it going through standing water).

also unfortunately, there is a little hint of that "when it's lost it's lost" in the physics that reminds a little of iRacing although not nearly as bad. also the setups are pretty coarse with something like 2 camber settings (for this car) so it's better for people who just want to drive.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say you should try some other setups in LFS or even better try to make your own.

as much as i love LFS, i know what you mean about the physics being a let-down sometimes. sometimes there is this major disconnect and you are understeering all day for no reason.. weird.

but the setups are where LFS shines. its physics model is so unified and organic, you can actually set the car up to behave like you want. it may not be 100% realistic in the range of settings, but i really believe it should allow you to be 100% satisfied with how the car behaves.

what do you think?
here is an example of a set that just feels right. it's only for XRG and it's rally.. i know.. but anyway, when i first drove it it felt like proof that my love for LFS wasn't misplaced

i looked for a link to setupfield or setupgrid but i can't for the life of me remember where i got this. maybe ripped from RAFviewer on lfs world? possibly in-game. (edit: found it! it was in "sprint" section at setupgrid: [http://www.setupgrid.net/?acti ... =get&setup_id=XRG@BL2] never know what you'll find... )

come on, you have the game installed, the wheel is there

for fun i'll attach a self-made FZR set. it's not much at the limit but behaves like i want, and it has no locked diff or anything. it's missing the fine-tuning of the toe values based on a precise load/slip ratio curve thingy which i don't understand yet but MARUS does...
Attached files
XRG_ngin even rally.set - 132 B - 1104 views
FZR_do11b2.set - 132 B - 883 views
@Carl, thanks for the setups. They do feel quite good.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG