The online racing simulator
So much life in 8 years
(29 posts, started )
So much life in 8 years
My daughter had 8, now she is 16 and is going to college.
My newer son was 5 and he is 13 now and he is about 3 times bigger.
My older son was a shy teenager and now is formed 24 years old man.
Now I'm 50... and so many things have happened. Even so, for a 50 old man, this 8 years seemed to pass quickly, but for sure for my kids it was a very long time, a time where they have changed too much, and for sure, it was longer for them than for me.
The time does not stop, and 8 years after start of S2 era some of us are still here waiting for the next promised step.
How your life has changed since then? How are you going, what are you doing, how many new things have you lived in this time?
Maybe some of us have died, maybe some of us have made a new life.
How your life is going during all these years, and what do you expect for the next eight ?
Next eight years.
Hi speed, I joined around the same time as you back a bit over 9 years ago. When I was 14. Now 24 and where to even begin on how much has changed. to cut a long story short I've come from a teenage kid never going to school to play video games and failing every year level dropping out of school. Now 10 years later I've got a solid career. Still a big passion for cars and video games. Own a house with a dedicated gaming room lol.

Yet I still come here. at least twice a month waiting for a god damn progress report. that's about the only thing that hasn't changed
I guess looking back on the last 7 years and seeing all the changes, I guess I would have to say that I finally accepted I'm an adult and started acting like it.
My kids have grown up and I became a Grandad!!!! My disability (muscular dystrophy) has progressed like the bastard it is, no longer able to use a wheel. Make to with joypad.
My life has changed significantly from 7 years ago, although most of it in stages so small I didn't really notice!

In more or less the right order:
Moved house, passed my driving test, released the debut Albany Down album, lost my driving licence (medical reasons), split up with the ex and moved house again, lost a drummer, found a new drummer, found a new and much better girlfriend, visited Portugal, got my driving licence back, moved in with new girlfriend, went to my first music festival in Belgium, released the second Albany Down album, went to Canada, toured the UK with a bunch of awesome people, went to Bruges, appeared on radio and in magazines, played some minor festivals, went to San Francisco, lost the new drummer.

But unlike Becky, I flat out refuse to admit I'm a grown up. I will fight it til the day I die
6 years for me. Finished school, Got my first job, Started DJ'ing, Lost my first job, Successfully sued the company that sacked me , Moved to England with my Girlfriend, Got a new job in England, Stopped DJ'ing, Lost the job in England 6 months later. Moved back to Spain, Got a job as resident DJ at a small venue, Passed Driving Test, Left the small venue, Split up with Girlfriend, got residency at the biggest and most famous club in the region.
I was somethimes thinking about how long i've spent with LFS, it's interesting to refresh my memory from time to time.

Started in my 18, as half-emo kid studying electricity, got through to graduation in business, then few years of unemployment/working has lead me to where i'm now, uni student of marketing, at almost 26. A lot has changed, only LFS didn't. (god forbid you to start another rant in this nice thread :razz
8 years for whole LFS time
7 years as in team ( today is my team B-day)

anyway, I have to say that things have changed alot, improvements are acquired and lots of memories as well

Nowadays LFS has been in my life out of since may (no pc ). But starting again immediately when getting new PC. Even though getting new PC, LFS time would still be reduced alot, due the real life project and other things as well. However, still pretty strong favourite part for me ( LFS I mean )

Well, back to sleep, tomorrow to work --->
Well i got 10 years older.
Goddamn... it's been over 10 years now since I first played this game. Jesus...
I've stopped playing quite some time ago, but still check the forum now and again hoping to see some news on dev progress. C'mon, do it already!

Anyway, I'll probably dust of my POS DFP once VR and/or new physics kick in.
As for what happened over last years for me... uh, not Rally Pack, let me tell you that!

*beerkeg* for familiar faces.

#12 - Woz
Big ones for me are

Left the UK for new life in New Zealand and embraced it

Lived through a 7.1 quake right near the epicenter and the 13700 aftershocks that followed it http://quake.crowe.co.nz/
Started, and finished, college. Continued my career, now working for one of the best design firms in the country. Living downtown with my girlfriend (common-law) in one of the nicest buildings in the city. I'm now 26 and fairly well entrenched in being a responsible adult.

Living, mostly.
#14 - Jakg
Went to school, did lot of exams (GCSE's & then A-Levels)
Met my girlfriend
Got a job (retail)
Got a driving license
Got a car
Went to University
Got another car
Graduated from University (with a first, hells yeah)
Got a proper job as a software engineer

And yet here I am, still slacking off to look at forums...
Jack, I notice "Lost your virginity" to be absent from that list.
I am here since the first days of LFS, in the beginning as Demo Driver later as S2 license holder. What can i say, LFS is a part of my Live now. Its like a Familie Member. I care about it, i play with it, i love it. There are Thousend thinks change in my life until, but my Love still Standing to LFS.

(sry for my bad english)
I've just wasted that time.
Got married, had a son (now 4), bought a house.

Quote from Becky Rose :I guess I would have to say that I finally accepted I'm an adult and started acting like it.

Yeah, I think I'm still going to give this bit a miss.
Quote from Dajmin :My life has changed significantly from 7 years ago, although most of it in stages so small I didn't really notice!

In more or less the right order:
Moved house, passed my driving test, released the debut Albany Down album, lost my driving licence (medical reasons), split up with the ex and moved house again, lost a drummer, found a new drummer, found a new and much better girlfriend, visited Portugal, got my driving licence back, moved in with new girlfriend, went to my first music festival in Belgium, released the second Albany Down album, went to Canada, toured the UK with a bunch of awesome people, went to Bruges, appeared on radio and in magazines, played some minor festivals, went to San Francisco, lost the new drummer.

But unlike Becky, I flat out refuse to admit I'm a grown up. I will fight it til the day I die

I've read your bands name here some times now, but I've never actually listened to you guys until now.

Well, the paycheck is coming soon, be prepared to ship out both records

Awesome stuff and exactly my kind of music Keep it up
.... did all kinds of things. Paid off house. Went from casual rider to hard core biker. Dealt with the death of my wife's parents. Watched my kids grow up. Took up Kayaking as a hobby. Attended a lesbian wedding. Took a boat cruise....
But the best thing? The birth of my Grand Daughter this past April!

@ Becky:
When I was 12, I turned 17 and stayed that way til I was 24. Then I turned 40. After I hit 40, I realized I missed out on a lot of crap and decided I need to be 12 again.
I joined about 4 1/2 years ago and i've gone through quite alot of things since then. In no particular order:
be 14
subscribed to PewDiePie
started sophomore year of high school
lost a friend in a car crash
be 15
Subscribed to Tobuscus
be 16
started junior year
made the varsity soccer team
scored my first point in homecoming game (1 goal and 2 assists in a win clinching a playoff spot, was much more meaningful because team went winless the year before)
got bullied,
said bully broke my nose and sent me to the hospital
attempted suicide
recovered from previous events
Anti-Bullying campaign in my name started by my friends
be 17
start senior year
subscribed to Nerd Cubed
get my first girlfriend ever
earn my Eagle Scout rank
got a job at McDonald's (grill master)
got accepted at my dream college (Saint Bonaventure)
released a song *didn't pan well so i erased all traces of it*
bought girlfriend a $200 christmas present *diamond necklace that i bought because why not*
graduate high school at #2 in my class
left job at McDonald's *an injury i sustained at work forced me to leave* massive amounts of grill grease spewed into my eye if you want to know
turn 18
bought my girlfriend a promise ring, so now we are Pre-engaged i love her so
moved in to college
made flag football team at college
got my own radio show on college station (ranked #5 in the USA *not just college stations ranked*)
me and my fiance to be are hitting the year milestone come october the 19th
now we are here.

holy hell a lot has happened.
I want to know more about your grease injury. Is it permanent?
Quote from Becky Rose :I guess looking back on the last 7 years and seeing all the changes, I guess I would have to say that I finally accepted I'm an adult and started acting like it.

Yup, mostly.
Quote from CheerioDM :I want to know more about your grease injury. Is it permanent?

my vision was blurry for a few weeks but it healed up. not working fast food ever again though.
2006 RL: Began community college for various fields (Photography, Web Design, IT) and ridden of high school crush

2006 Everything else: Tried lfs on new computer and joined T5 drift team.

2007 RL: Obtained Comp Tia A+, First job at small pc repair shop. Job morphs into Cyber Cafe.

2007 ee: Bought S2 and left behind T5, Shikane and other groups. Joined rebooted RF team.

2008 RL: Discovered the beauty of public transit, work work work.

2008 ee: Bought DFP, Discovered TEK9 Stevy and wrecked havoc on CoD4.

2009 RL: BOOOOOOOORING

2009 ee: Learned 900* drifting, found css zombie survival, social life poof.

2010 RL: Moved out with stash of saved money. Pondered to buy a weekend warrior and risk missing rent or never miss bills and be stuck riding uncomfortable transit. Money winss

2010 ee: Built gaming rig, finally clicked "high" in gfx options, set legit steam, became crackhouse_de fiend, joined 28 Rounds Later css team.

2011: Moved to St. Louis for the hell of it. Started job as a Hollister sales rep and Gamestop employee. Found out Gateway Raceway is metro-able from where i live. Found out it was shut down. Found out it was bought and will reopen

2011 ee: LFS becomes a faded memory, CSS howeverrr Discovered Forza 4 and play it 24 7 on friend's xbox. Friend buys skyrim. Life done.

2012: Quit gamestop, began to serial date only to stop when i realised i want to go back to college. Bought first smartphone, went to first concert and suddenly wanted to dj.

2012 ee: 28 Rounds Later fades. Bought G27. LFS BECOMES ORGASMIC, css fades, everything but lfs. Friend deletes F4 and Skyrim data F4 Lvl 122, 22 million, 100's of cars gone. Lvl 55 almost every side quest completed gone. Built new rig to go back to pc gaming.

2013: Hollister closes, began work as a Lifegurd and shortly after promoted to deck supervisor. Moved to more upper class neighborhood, nearly bought a B5 Audi S5. Nearly had aheart attack when i saw a E30 M3 next to it for 18k. Nearly pulled out a hefty loan to buy a E30 M3.

2013 ee: Rarely gamed until a month ago when ifinally bought a 360 for GTA 5 and some F4 love.

2014: Work towards Music Production education and hopefully own that E30 M3 if i can find the buyer.

So much life in 8 years
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG