The online racing simulator
FE somewhere

And something other than ky2 for the 24h
Quote from dekojester :Now is your time to make suggestions, requests, comments and complaints. I will be cramming in hours this week to get the website ready to process entries, then do rules and finalize dates and tracks. I have the next few weeks free from real life commentary prep work, and my warehouse job is still quiet for now, so I need to maximize this next week or two before crap picks back up.

Get rid of irc, or make it so you can use teamspeak as well. Protests post race only?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Get rid of irc, or make it so you can use teamspeak as well. Protests post race only?

Post race protests only is too much for a race like a 12 or 24h race, let's say suddenly after coming 3rd you're told, up to 2/3 weeks later, that you're only 5th because of some protest, it just bends the result post-race more than necessary.
True
As well, the nice thing about IRC is there's an easily documented public record of everything. So one can go back and read through logs to see if anything was missed. TS, you can't really search through voice.
Just FTR: TS also has a text chat...
Yes, but making an assumption on why Ray wants TS, is so he can verbally protest to an admin. Which would be the worst thing to try to "scrollback" in.

IRC is better for that. Every IRC client basically has the ability to enable logging.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, but making an assumption on why Ray wants TS, is so he can verbally protest to an admin. Which would be the worst thing to try to "scrollback" in.

IRC is better for that. Every IRC client basically has the ability to enable logging.

you cant protest in IRC anyways
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, but making an assumption on why Ray wants TS, is so he can verbally protest to an admin. Which would be the worst thing to try to "scrollback" in.

No one protests using IRC they use the forum. But if someone is driving and on that ts3 they will constantly receive the TS3 message sound which can be very annoying if the chat is occurring in their channel or on the server channel
I know last year I saw some communication going on between admin/drivers in IRC, asking them to watch/keep an eye on things.

IRC is still the best protocol for doing live chat for an event like a 6 or 12 hour race. It lets teams easily read what happened while they were off making lunch, and communicate with admins quickly, THEN they can relay message to driver.
Sometime during the day Monday (afternoon / evening UTC :P) this subforum will light up with threads, including official schedule, rules, signups, and skins thread.

Sadly, I'm not going to have the web-system ready in time, so we'll do it the old-fashioned way - here on the forum, not email or anything. Right here!

Be ready for it!
Quote :Entries will be team-based, with a minimum of three drivers on a team's roster at all times.

I see the following line and I am pretty sure what will answer to my question be, but I'll try anyway.

Any chances for "wild card" in 6 hours events as a single runner? Asking with all the respect of what you're doing. Jokes aside. My old team died and I can't be responsible enough for any team, because of my work.

Just asked. Don't kill me. Something like Pallu back in times...
Quote from Mysho :I see the following line and I am pretty sure what will answer to my question be, but I'll try anyway.

Any chances for "wild card" in 6 hours events as a single runner? Asking with all the respect of what you're doing. Jokes aside. My old team died and I can't be responsible enough for any team, because of my work.

I don't think that single runners will be welcomed that much not that you have a sleepy moment after 5h59min and take out the leader of the other class. Anyhow, I guess (and hope) there will be some team that's open for drivers without team or drivers without team support.
Quote from TFalke55 :I don't think that single runners will be welcomed that much not that you have a sleepy moment after 5h59min and take out the leader of the other class. Anyhow, I guess (and hope) there will be some team that's open for drivers without team or drivers without team support.

Was doing 6 hour long stints and competing front runners on 100% pressure in MoE 24h back in my time so I don't think I should fell asleep after 5h59min :P Let's just say I tried and asked.
Quote from Mysho :I see the following line and I am pretty sure what will answer to my question be, but I'll try anyway.

I'm sure we can find some people to gather together. I'm interested in finding some partners to drive with.
there will probably be a free agent list, there usually comes one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG