The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's just a mere coincidence that the first race is also at Westhill Reversed.

that's because.... deko made a typo and forgot the reversed bit originally. Phil changed it to regular and now its back to reversed

Now he's edited it..
That's why I just post in random Deko threads bolding things. Maybe he will proofread.
Quote from dekojester :Not for multiclass. There are too few straights to make it reasonably safe.

and yet you chose BL GP Reversed, the worst track for passing.
#29 - IMOL
Quote from Dennis93 :and yet you chose BL GP Reversed, the worst track for passing.

Im sorry its quite a good track to race, atleast for me. BL1 is infact better, but BL1R isnt bad either. I had some good races there.
hi,

champ like this is bringing me closer to buy S2 licence. I'm racing similar endurance races in other sims, but one question before hand: Are u seriously racing 12 hours without changing drivers ?
#31 - IMOL
Quote from Dany_Five :hi,

champ like this is bringing me closer to buy S2 licence. I'm racing similar endurance races in other sims, but one question before hand: Are u seriously racing 12 hours without changing drivers ?

No, in LFS you can switch the drivers on the pit stops... Races like this requies atleast 3 drivers because of the rules.

yes
Quote from jurisltu :yes

No.

The race does have mandatory driver swaps as no single driver is allowed to drive more than (60%?) of the total laps completed by a team.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No.

The race does have mandatory driver swaps as no single driver is allowed to drive more than (60%?) of the total laps completed by a team.

Don't argue with oldschool Lithuanian.

You basically can drive 12h straight without driver swaps, but only 45%(dunno exactly specific rules of this series) of this will count.

Ofcourse we are changing drivers
Quote from TypeRacing :Don't argue with oldschool Lithuanian.

You basically can drive 12h straight without driver swaps, but only 45%(dunno exactly specific rules of this series) of this will count.

Maybe I'll go that route. No one will team up with me. I can just race all the races alone and take the penalty of over-distance
Thx, just was wondering if there are some maniacs. I personally raced 12 hours of le mans online once...that was amazing. Gotta get myself a team mate then.
I was going to do a 24 hour race a few years back by myself. Unfortunately my G25 broke the week before the race.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Maybe I'll go that route. No one will team up with me. I can just race all the races alone and take the penalty of over-distance

There will be a thread creates, most likely, for you single ladies who are looking for a mate, or two
I created the matchmaking thread for GT Open, I guess (once signups start) I could create it for this too.
nevermind
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I created the matchmaking thread for GT Open, I guess (once signups start) I could create it for this too.

There will be one created when I bomb the forum with all the initial shite in a few weeks time

Right now I think we'll do 75% maximum for the 6 and 12 hour races, and 45% for the 24 hour.
Forwarded from pm's

Quote from dekojester :I would like you to post your points here in the public arena so others can react and build on them if they agree. I'll explain more when I'm not at work typing this on my iPad :P

Quote from Dennis93 :Hello Deko,

I'll do a small run through the tracks to keep it 'good' and yet still original.

Quote :
Round 1: 6 Hours of Westhill, from Westhill International Reversed, 26 October 2013, 18:00 UTC Start

Not the best of tracks, but good for traffic, big straights, wide corners, high speed, and the time difference is not that big.
Major factor here, tyres, most corners are turn in braking zones which induces lockups and lockups induces flat spots and flatspots induces punctures.

Great for the audience going through hell for drivers.

Quote :
Round 2: 6 Hours of Blackwood, from Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed, 23 November 2013, 18:00 UTC Start

Great track for driving around, bad track for on track battles, all major straights are after a somewhat high-speed, downforce dependant corner.

Major factor, pit stops, as the entry to the pits are massively wide and open it's really really easy to gain a second or so in the pits by braking a bit later, but it's the risk of running into a DT, which is good.

Quote :
Round 3: 6 Hours of South City, from South City Long, 14 December 2013, 18:00 UTC Start

No comment, Iconic track, fast flowing street track. Nothing to add.
Quote :
Round 4: 12 Hours of Aston, from Aston Grand Touring, 11 January 2014, 11:00 UTC Start

Now, now deko.
You take away one of the best, if not the best corner in LFS, by making it Aston Grand Touring, instead of GP?
I Don't completely follow, of course, it's your series, but GT config isn't really good for anything else than stressing drivers into mistakes, and bad racing.

Quote :
Round 5: 24 Hours of Kyoto, from Kyoto National Reversed, 8-9 February 2014, 15:00 UTC Start

This is where my meter go off the scale.
Do you remember iTCC here?
If not please check the rounds that went here, come back with a conclusion, this track is utter stupid.
T1 is dangerous, T2 is impossible to pass in, no passing opportunities until the hairpins, and those are crowded with MASSIVE gravel traps. so say bye to all your precious XRR drivers here. the Oval is and oval, quite simple good for overtaking GT2 cars.
But normal configuration would be better, also it gets the stupid curbs in first corner to disappear (KY2R Config)

Hopefully you will take this in positively, I know it's hard to choose tracks, and try to stay a bit original, but some tracks hasn't been raced for a reason.

Also :
Quote from Jonathon.provost :What about FE. Awesome environment.

Quote from dekojester :Not for multiclass. There are too few straights to make it reasonably safe.

Okay, so how did you think that South city was a better idea?.

There are many highspeed places on fern bay where it's possible to very simply pass GT2 cars, by simply going around the outside, the track is more than plenty wide enough to make it around. if not, every corner are followed by MORE than enough space to out accelerate GT2 cars, also probably the only track that could be chosen where FZR would have the upper advantage on XRR. everywhere else is XRR paradise, and we're missing a sixth round as well.

Best Regards,

Dennis Lind.

Half the teams probably won't even make it to the 4th round let alone a 6th.
#45 - CSF
Fil y so ngtiv
Coming from you!

Just being realistic, nothing more. Sometimes less is better.
Surely half of the signups making it to the 4th round would actually be a good thing, being realistic and all?
Quote from PMD9409 :Coming from you!

Just being realistic, nothing more. Sometimes less is better.

Less cars for you to lap, you mean.
I quite agree with Dennis about AS6, AS4 and AS5 with that T1 are much more interesting ! And well 12h or 24h there are sort of LFS classics.

Why not doing KY3 again for the 24hrs? I mean this track is perfect for a 24hrs event.
I agree with deko, ky2r for a 24 hr will be fine and its a track where overtaking can easily happen between classes and hopefully not result in early dnf's. Would mind ky2 but t1 to t2 is a bit dangerous.

GT World Series 2014: Announcement
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG