GT World Series 2014: Announcement
Dates have been booked for the 2014 GT World Series, and New Dimension Racing would like to whet your appetite for a winter's endurance racing!

The series will combine the GT1 and GT2 cars, bringing a multiclass endurance racing series back to LFS. It will largely follow the formula of the GT1 World Series and the GT2 World Series, but some changes will be had. The 2014 Season is currently scheduled to have 5 rounds, taking place starting in the latter half of October 2013. The season will end with the 24 Hours of Kyoto on February 8th-9th 2014. The series will be aimed to intermediate to advanced level drivers and teams, who will need to not only battle the other teams but their own weaknesses to perform well in this series.

Full details of the series will be released sometime in August or September 2013, but right now a few things can be told as very likely if not certain:

-Safety Cars will be in use. The current procedure looks like it will involve always using two Safety Cars, which will operate WEC style - picking up the nearest car, then returning to its standby location when the course is ready. This solution will be detailed and explored in the coming month. Other systems have been considered, but all of those were deemed too complex and time-consuming. use the system that SuperGT used: all GT2 cars between the GT1 leader and GT2 leader get to overtake the SC, then all GT2s move aside and line up line astern behind all GT1s.

-If no more than 32 cars per class are entered, no pre-qualifying system will be used. All entrants will be allowed to attempt qualifying; the fastest 15 (or whatever the class divide ends up as) will get to race, the rest will get to watch the broadcast. Probably Sunday + Friday qualifying system, GTAL & MoE style.

Entries will be team-based, with a minimum of three drivers on a team's roster at all times. Entries will open in the 2nd half of September, 2013.

Here is the provisional schedule:

Round 1: 6 Hours of Westhill, from Westhill International Reversed, 26 October 2013, 18:00 UTC Start
Round 2: 6 Hours of Blackwood, from Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed, 23 November 2013, 18:00 UTC Start
Round 3: 6 Hours of South City, from South City Long, 14 December 2013, 18:00 UTC Start
Round 4: 12 Hours of Aston, from Aston Grand Touring, 11 January 2014, 11:00 UTC Start
Round 5: 24 Hours of Kyoto, from Kyoto National Reversed, 8-9 February 2014, 15:00 UTC Start
What about FE. Awesome environment.
Quote from Jonathon.provost :What about FE. Awesome environment.

Not for multiclass. There are too few straights to make it reasonably safe.
Quote from dekojester :Not for multiclass. There are too few straights to make it reasonably safe.

#yolo
about time
yay
Deko, let's get some test races too. Plenty of time between now and then
Why take away another 2 grid slots for extra pace car? How about if the 2nd pace car spectates after doing it's job for GT2s and then there is free slot for emergency (or whatever you call it) car,if you really need it?
Quote from dekojester :Not for multiclass. There are too few straights to make it reasonably safe.

Hmm, has safety standards raised in LFS?

Fern Bay was in MoE's calender and also 16H Race was held there. I took part of both of those and I can't remember any problems with lack of straights or length of them.

14 cars per class is fine I guess - especially when you look at current situation of LFS...

Just my 2 cents, no offence to anyone or anything.
Quote from Eclipsed :Why take away another 2 grid slots for extra pace car? How about if the 2nd pace car spectates after doing it's job for GT2s and then there is free slot for emergency (or whatever you call it) car,if you really need it?

Grid most likely won't be full, and two push cars can lead to less SC's and two SC's can help for separation of GT1 and GT2 for better racing/clarity.
Quote from dekojester :R 1: 6 H
R 2: 6 H
R 3: 6 H
R 4: 12 H
R 5: 24 H

I like the idea of finishing the season with the 24 hours race as it showed that after 24h race interest used to drop in previous seasons. But! Is it really a good idea to have 12h and 24h one after another? Wouldn't it be a little bit more sensible to have at least one 6h in-between? And that it's not a City race in between.

So, plenty of time to do whatevers one wants after the season and 24h race till the next season. However, should we really go that extreme and have 24h right after the 12h race?

fbm and std went alright on fern bay
It looks like deko targeted typical vacation weeks from schools niki, so i think its a good decision.
Quote from Bmxtwins :It looks like deko targeted typical vacation weeks from schools niki, so i think its a good decision.

Round 4 clashes with many university exam periods. And then you have 24h race.
Quote from N I K I :Round 4 clashes with many university exam periods. And then you have 24h race.

thats why it is such a good decision
Definitely would love to be a part of this, however I know I'm far too slow to find a team unfortunately.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Definitely would love to be a part of this, however I know I'm far too slow to find a team unfortunately.

Don't say so... I think some teams will be happy if you can help them out, especially at the two long ones
Quote from n i k i :wouldn't it be a little bit more sensible to have at least one 6h in-between?

+1
Awesome news ! Would have been even better to call it MoE
Quote from N I K I :I like the idea of finishing the season with the 24 hours race as it showed that after 24h race interest used to drop in previous seasons. But! Is it really a good idea to have 12h and 24h one after another? Wouldn't it be a little bit more sensible to have at least one 6h in-between? And that it's not a City race in between.

So, plenty of time to do whatevers one wants after the season and 24h race till the next season. However, should we really go that extreme and have 24h right after the 12h race?

For once, I agree with NIKI.
Well it is a logical thing actually and we did that with GT3 making the longest race the finale.
GTAL finale was also the 12h too
Quote from DeadWolfBones :For once, I agree with NIKI.

I cannot administer any race longer than about 6 or 8 hours any more in 2013, because I'm out of vacation days, plus they have to be scheduled before the year starts. I will always want the 24h to be as close as reasonable to the yearly anniversary of the 1st official NDR event, or at least before March when weather starts getting better and things pick back up for real life issues.
why is server on reversed?
It's just a mere coincidence that the first race is also at Westhill Reversed.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG