The online racing simulator
Tristan Cliffe
(124 posts, started )
Unless cameras are required by the regulations, I don't even see how the clerk can use them as evidence. In karting a few national and international series require them, but generally speaking the clerks won't look at personal video for the reasons you stated.
It's clear you're a much better driver, Tristan. Sorry about the incident. :/ It sounds like she has a hugely inflated ego, which sadly is not uncommon in racing.

I'm glad I do bikes, though. It's generally sooo much easier to pass, and no mirrors!
#53 - aoun
Not that I am an FIA official or 10 time world drivers championship, but clearly her fault. If the corner was a slower sharper corner and you dive bombed, from behind, then i would say you fault, but its not here, its a fast right, and you were on the inside/already in front, probably more of a hazard lifting off..
Quote from tristancliffe :
D) He couldn't say Alice was at fault in case he was accused of sexism, which these days is only marginally better than if he had actually assaulted her.

Too true....
...so I was googleing her and found one simple interview with her. Here is one Q&A which says it all.

Quote :Q: Who are your motorsport heroes?
A: Lewis Hamilton, Jason Plato.

I hate using this modern abbreviation, but:

LOL

Still taking it to bits and not finding many things to make me happy yet. Probably worse than I expected. Bugger.
I've ****ing got it!

Be a cheeky twat and send her an invoice listing the costs of everything that broke on your car.

oh you poor poor oppressed men
cry me a river
Correct me if I am wrong here as you all know...I am no racing driver but....

If "she was fully passed you" and turned in, wouldn't of you saw her rear wing and not the side of the car

Again, this is clearly "not leaving enough room"....like she did at Silverstone and she gets away scott free...oh my days

Was the Clerk of the Course related by any chance Oh and watch her getting out of the car....yeah she "really" hurt her knee didn't she
Quote from Forbin : It sounds like she has a hugely inflated ego,

And budget thanks to Grandad
Quote from Fordman :Correct me if I am wrong here as you all know...I am no racing driver but....

If "she was fully passed you" and turned in, wouldn't of you saw her rear wing and not the side of the car

Again, this is clearly "not leaving enough room"....like she did at Silverstone and she gets away scott free...oh my days

Was the Clerk of the Course related by any chance Oh and watch her getting out of the car....yeah she "really" hurt her knee didn't she

To be fair it's a wonder what a bit of adrenaline will do for a knock.

I think Tristan is smart enough to know that obviously he could have avoided the collision, but when both drivers rely on the other to do something into a fast corner like that, and neither does it the results are disastrous. She clearly thought she was either past Tristan fully, or that Tristan would not have sufficient overlap to maintain track position through the corner and would yield it before they get there.
Quote from sinbad :To be fair it's a wonder what a bit of adrenaline will do for a knock.

I think Tristan is smart enough to know that obviously he could have avoided the collision, but when both drivers rely on the other to do something into a fast corner like that, and neither does it the results are disastrous. She clearly thought she was either past Tristan fully, or that Tristan would not have sufficient overlap to maintain track position through the corner and would yield it before they get there.

Tristan should never be forced to back out, though. If you don't like side-by-side racing, then there isn't much I can do...
Alot of Drivers in F1 do what alice did(perez especially) and i don't like it, its video game defending without taking account of what can happen if someone is still there.

It was aviodable though but judging from tristan line into the corner it could of easily remianed two wide through there.
Quote from Gougoodthing :Tristan should never be forced to back out, though. If you don't like side-by-side racing, then there isn't much I can do...

Did I ask for assistance?
I'm afraid that whilst you may not like it (and there's not much I can do) that is racing.
Sinbad is right, Tristan could have conceded the corner, but I believe him when he says he maintained sufficient overlap that he didn't just want to completely back off at the 100m board. and Alice may have thought she had sufficient overlap or had completely got past. Though, in cars especially, I can't understand why you would take such a risk to go hard at the apex when you're not 100% a car isn't on your inside.
Quote from tristancliffe :Here it is. http://youtu.be/_N6wB6ydWrg

Like I say, it doesn't show much, and the wide angle is quite deceptive, but I was definitely still alongside, and my front wheel was in front of her rear wheel. She would probably have passed me around the outside had she left more room on the inside where I was. I expected to be given racing room, and when I realised that wasn't going to be given I couldn't do anything about it.

in my opinion it would seem that she should of been aware of you and yet it seems that she tried to still take the apex and cut you up,i dont know if the track narrows a lot at that point which would make a difference,

apart from that, damn id love to have do racing like that. best of luck mate
Quote from Forbin :Misogyny.

Objectification.

Misogyny.

Seriously people?

+1

Gender has nothing to do with what happened on the track. You can debate if there's political motivation to what happened off-track, but at least do it maturely.
Car is currently in a huge amount of bits, most of which are broken. Wheels, airbox, sidepod, gearbox cracked, throttle bodies, all wishbones and pushrods, slight tub damage, rear wing, floor split.

Amazingly the front wing is intact, the engine is fine as far as I can tell, uprights and brakes are okay, differential and gears okay, dampers okay.

Gearbox MAY be weldable.
Wishbones can be made.
Airbox may be repairable.
All depends how good our carbon man is, and how good a welder our fabricator is. Worrying times. Parts available, but it comes down to money and we operate this car on a VERY tight budget.

Bugger.

Also, I must stress that throughout this, I haven't suggested that she was at fault because of her gender, and I really don't think that it made any difference in the stewards office. She is a good driver - not F1 standards by a country mile - but she's good. So lets try and keep the gender related comments to a minimum, if if they are sometimes funny.
My "rage" had nothing to do with misogyny (thanks, I learnt a new word) it's just her instagram comments that made me express myself that harsh. Like she's totally innocent and blames everything on Tristan.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :My "rage" had nothing to do with misogyny (thanks, I learnt a new word) it's just her instagram comments that made me express myself that harsh. Like she's totally innocent and blames everything on Tristan.

By calling her a "bitch" you're calling attention to her gender in a disparaging way, as if her gender were the main factor in her actions. This is unnecessary and misogynistic because her gender has no bearing on her actions with regards to racing, both on or off the track.

All people should be judged on their own merit. In this particular case, I think harsh criticism is valid, but there's no need to bring gender into it.
Quote from töki (hun) :my "rage" had nothing to do with misogyny (thanks, i learnt a new word) it's just her instagram comments that made me express myself that harsh. Like she's totally innocent and blames everything on tristan.

+1.

Also she is a bitch (men can be bitches too) by pleading ignorance for an incident that she could have easily avoided (passing on inside or acknowledging that Tristan's car was there.)

Although, I shouldn't be too surprised by that sort of driving move. She did drive in GP3 at one point, which there that sort of driving is par for the course.
Well she seems to be doing a damn fine job of giving women a bad name and I won't stand for it. My wife can drive quite competently indeed and Michele Mouton was a driving godess. Alice Powell is just some ginger lass who has an ego like a dude.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :+1.

Also she is a bitch (men can be bitches too) by pleading ignorance for an incident that she could have easily avoided (passing on inside or acknowledging that Tristan's car was there.)

Although, I shouldn't be too surprised by that sort of driving move. She did drive in GP3 at one point, which there that sort of driving is par for the course.

Men are sometimes referred to as "bitches" in the sense that they are compared to women, the "lesser" gender, as a result of their actions. Likewise for calling a man a "pussy". These men are thus seen to be "lesser". This too is misogynistic.
Don't be a faggot. True misogyny is thinking/believing women should be assigned to the kitchen and the bedroom and nothing else.

Nobody is stopping her from racing. Or seriously critisizing her driving because shes a women, it's all said in jest with not an ounce of seriousness.

Don't start being some bitch-ass righteous freak bringing sexism into the question here. She gets treated differently BECAUSE she's a female. Positive-discrimination she gets things to her benefit BECAUSE she has tits. There's no way in hell Tristan would have gotten points on her licence if that was a dude vs dude scenario. So get off your horse and think for a second.

Tristan Cliffe
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG