The online racing simulator
Tristan Cliffe
(124 posts, started )
Tristan Cliffe
Raced the F3 at Silverstone today. Well done mate, great start to weekend
Attached images
TC Qual.jpg
TC Race 1.jpg
Wow even beating Louis Hamilton in Quali!
Was waiting for that comment LOL

Tristan is a past and present, when he has time, LFS racer that has spend many a year on here, and moved in to real racing, as a lot of other LFS drivers have done.

Tristan has progressed year on year from Monopost series to now full level F3 series. He is a quality driver, and a very nice person to go with it and he is also a good friend of mine, and i never have seen anything posted on here about him, so I thought, why not.

Another success story of Sim to Real racing

Fordie
He is also the reigning LFS forum simultaneous jaffa cake eating champion.
The jaffa cakes...

When was that, 2007?

edit: Actually, it was 2006. We've been here far too long.
#6 - robt
I spend ages trying to build up some sort of credibility, and it's all dashed to hell in 2 or 3 posts. Gits!

Another win today, with a great overtake for the lead round the outside of Stowe. Now P2 in the championship, and closing in on Alice Powell. She has her sights set on F1.....

P.S. I'd take you all on in a second Jaffa Cake eating competition. Are you feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya??

P.P.S. I should point out this is F3 Cup. Not British F3 or FIA F3. We're all amateurs having a bit of fun, but I think we're proving we're not that bad really. I don't test, and I don't spend money if I can avoid it - I don't have much to spend. Finding money for food is genuinely difficult at times.
That is so funny....I totally for got about that....Time for Facebook
Quote from tristancliffe :
P.P.S. I should point out this is F3 Cup. Not British F3 or FIA F3. We're all amateurs having a bit of fun, but I think we're proving we're not that bad really. I don't test, and I don't spend money if I can avoid it - I don't have much to spend. Finding money for food is genuinely difficult at times.

What ever it is mate, you have done well from desk to real seat and not a hacksaw in sight
I take a hacksaw to every meeting. You never know!
Oh and well done Tristan. Alice Powell got a mention on Sunday Brunch this morning, don't think they mentioned you though, they were talking about female racing drivers not gay ones.
Haha, I forgot about that... It's still creepy how his eyes roll back in his head when he's loading the cakes, like some sort of cookie monster...
A cake monster you mean. (and not a biscuit monster either!)
well done tristan, ive seen that you have raced at a track very close to where i live, oulton park - whenever you race there again i might come and watch

good luck
If you want to follow Tristan and his progress you can find all the info here:

http://www.f3cup.co.uk/

Next race.....7th / 8th September at his home track ( and 10miles from me )
Snetterton

Might see some of you there

Fordie
Quote from tristancliffe :P.S. I'd take you all on in a second Jaffa Cake eating competition. Are you feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya??

Ahh yes, the Jaffa Cake muncher, I would have to forfeit this time round, its not that I don't think I can better my score, I have since then moved to Czech Republic and Jaffa Cakes are hard to come by here! They have something similar but this would not be a valid attemnt as they are thicker than the UK classic Jaffa Cakes. I am sure Bob will give you a good run for ya money though should a new competition arise

Ohh and to stay on topic with this thread, congrats Tristan on your performance!

Mad
Quote from bishtop :well done tristan, ive seen that you have raced at a track very close to where i live, oulton park - whenever you race there again i might come and watch

good luck

You make it seem like Oulton Park isn't well known... It's internationally respected!
Typical case of inferiority complex Tristan, she knew you were quicker/more talented and could only act desperately to stop you.

Or maybe she just didn't see you? You know... being a woman and all. Maybe she thought her car was only - wide because that's what her boyfriend calls 6inches
#21 - CSF
Awesome drive mate, well done....but missed the Whoooo!!! at the end
That was some shit driving by Powell.
You two!!!! In your defense it did look like she went for the apex without leaving any room for you. All I am going from is an onboard on Facebook
At some point I'll put my video on, but it doesn't show much as my camera is on the right, so my head was in the way. But I agree, she turned in and even though I used every inch of the apex kerb, I couldn't disappear. If she'd left a few more inches of room then she'd have probably passed me and we'd have continued racing.

But the Clerk of the Course felt that as my video didn't show her until after impact, and her video doesn't show me at all (because the camera FOV doesn't show what's alongside), that I was officially to blame. 2 points on my licence.

Other than gifting her the overtake at the 100m board, which isn't racing, I don't really see what else I could have done. I had 'significant overlap', and left her room.

Car is wrecked. Dragged last years car out and finished a hasty setup at 3am, but needed signatures from all drivers to be allowed to use another car. Everyone signed, except her. Apparently it's Alice's nasty little granddad who writes the cheques and doesn't care about being sporting. I think he thinks he's in a "professional" championship.

But anyway, she spun off in Race 2 and was hit by the other title rival, so in terms of points the status quo was restored. Long shot to win it now, but I have to keep trying, right!

P.S. does any one have any 05/07 Dallara F3 spares? Or a spare £10k lying about I can have?

Tristan Cliffe
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG