The online racing simulator
Daytona.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I agree with deko, ky2r for a 24 hr will be fine and its a track where overtaking can easily happen between classes and hopefully not result in early dnf's. Would mind ky2 but t1 to t2 is a bit dangerous.

From the experience I had in Super GT, it was actually the worse with GT500 drivers trying to get pass through some corners where you can't make it. i.e last hairpin complex or between t1 and t3. Plus that T1 is really retarded.
Quote from MoMo92i :From the experience I had in Super GT, it was actually the worse with GT500 drivers trying to get pass through some corners where you can't make it. i.e last hairpin complex or between t1 and t3. Plus that T1 is really retarded.

yep. I like the track but not for a 24h multiclass race.
BUT BUT....
Dont compare Daytona with KY2 simply because it has an oval section. The problem of KY2R is that exept theoval section that'snot sucha perfect trakformulticlas racing. T1-3 complex is tricky and there is only on line. Even after T4 you have kink and things can go wrong there as well. I prefer not to talk about the last hairpin complex.

Main difference with Daytona is that DP brakes later than GTs, GT2 in LFS brakes later than GT1 sothey have to pass on the straight really which is something some ppl fails to understand in Super GT.
This series should be a challenge shouldnt it? Tracks that people claim arent the best for multiclass should all be on the list. Because we do this to challenge ourselves dont we? Maybe no one sticks around all season because people complain about "non-multiclass tracks" and we keep using the same, boring, overused tracks.
Hard to do anything when nothing new ever flies our way (and no, that's not a jab at admins).
Quote from MoMo92i :
Main difference with Daytona is that DP brakes later than GTs, GT2 in LFS brakes later than GT1 sothey have to pass on the straight really which is something some ppl fails to understand in Super GT.

Shouldn't that make it easier for the drivers? This means the faster class won't be held up into corners and then they can use their extra down force to get by the GT2 cars out of the corners and without interfering with them.
From my own experience, no.

Fastest GT2 drivers always go through corners faster than mid field GT1, brake later and have better exit but always some drivers thinking they are Lewis Hamilton try to pass them into the corners. That's generally fine but there are some tracks where it's not. I think everyone fighting in that first stint in GT300 in SGTS would agree with me...

I'm ok to have challenges but I'm not ok for a multiclass fest. Actually Fern Bay or South City are imo much better for multiclass as everyone is paying attention to everyone else. At KY2R nobody is that careful as it is a fast track and stupid GT1 drivers try to make some move in the last chicane or between t1 and t3 where it is just not possible. Trying to pass slower class on outside at some corners where you can do it (but still challenging) is awesome, but trying something like that when there is only one line is just stupidness.

That's my point, then ofc admins decide what they want to do with their league, and I will enjoy that race whatever the track they choose. Just giving my 2 cents as I think it's worth sharing it.
so you think a change of venue will keep drivers from doing stupid things? It's a 24 hours race, things will get spread out and plenty of time to recover from mistakes or being punted.
I just realised KY2r was for the 24h...

I am severely disappointed. KY3 was perfect last year, why change it?
Am I the only one who favors KY2R over KY3B? In my opinion KY2R is the best track of LFS, and well IMO KY3B is quite overused and boring at the moment because its been driven already twice in 6 months time (GT1WS, NEC) and well, KY2R is rarely used.
Quote from BlueFlame :I just realised KY2r was for the 24h...

I am severely disappointed. KY3 was perfect last year, why change it?

because it's getting boring to drive on that same track over and over. I think KY2r is a good choice, with enough places to overtake.
#64 - IMOL
I agree it is overused... For 24h well... It cant be Blackwood because of too hard overtaking, not South City because oh well... These cars have some speed unlike STD or TBO so it will be like Monaco 24h race... Impossible. Fern Bay is not really for 24h aswell because its just SO but in Jamaica or whatever. Aston is overused... Expecially AS5... Maybe AS4 would be nice, because it always worked well... And to Kyoto thing, i think KY3 is overused, i have it enough after one 24h race... I would like to do KY3R with Boothy Chicane very much. KY2 is one dangerous track because of buggy curbs. KY2R is good and i cant see anything wrong with danger. Its a bloody race, it have lot of straights, have flatout corners, have slow corners, fast corners, what the hell you want more :/ For me KY3R/AS4/KY2R for 24h race, i bet 99% people will disagree but whatever, thats my opinion.
KY3R is a good option to be honest
24 heures du KY1R
Quote from Iginla :Am I the only one who favors KY2R over KY3B? In my opinion KY2R is the best track of LFS, and well IMO KY3B is quite overused and boring at the moment because its been driven already twice in 6 months time (GT1WS, NEC) and well, KY2R is rarely used.

agreed
Ky2r high wind going from oval t1 to oval t2
Some musings / updates:

Safety Car Procedure will now be the old SuperGT style system, modified in language of course :P GT2 cars between the GT1 and GT2 class leaders will be waved around to rejoin the end of the queue. GT2 cars will be asked to move to one side to allow all GT1 cars into line before the restart. GT1 cars will be filed ahead of GT2 cars at the restart.

No prequalifying, all entered teams in a class will be eligible to partake in qualifying, fastest teams make the race. Looking at 30 minute sessions per class each on Sunday and Friday evenings.

I have not been offered enough suitable points to change the schedule, therefore no changes to it shall be made. Each time we do this series, we'll rotate which environment or specific track gets the 24h race, unless one becomes so incredibly good that it shouldn't be changed. KY3b had nothing wrong last year, yes, but another ostensibly suitable track is being used this year.

I am working on a web-based entry system right now, making suitable progress. The current intent is that a team person will create the team in the NDR web system, and they will be defaulted to team manager, and get to define team vice-managers. Once that is done, the management can either find and request drivers already in the system to join the team (which they'll have to confirm), or drivers can request to join the team roster (which the management will have to confirm).

The team will then create "Team Entries" in the series, and will be able to share drivers between the team entries freely during the season. their Driver pool will be able to be used throughout all team cars freely through the season.

Confirmations are also expected to be handed through the web system.
#72 - IMOL
I've got to say that i quite like idea of web-based entry system and no pre-quali which is a relief. The qual itself should be 20minutes to not make people tire-warming (yes for me its sort of unfair advantage and dont care what other thinks) but if it is they way it will be, its better than 24h quali or 1h infact. Which is not bad at all Looks like old proper style comes back Great!
Amen deko
Now is your time to make suggestions, requests, comments and complaints. I will be cramming in hours this week to get the website ready to process entries, then do rules and finalize dates and tracks. I have the next few weeks free from real life commentary prep work, and my warehouse job is still quiet for now, so I need to maximize this next week or two before crap picks back up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG