The online racing simulator
Is It Safe To Install LFS?
(15 posts, started )
Does it take much space or lags computer? i dont want to risk installing it.. so im asking this
LFS is probably one of the best simulators out there for disk usage. The core is only about 150 MB, and if you disable skin downloads, that won't grow much more than maybe 1 MB if you go and get A LOT of setups.

As for lagging computer, the only way that would happen is if it was running. A common misconception by a lot of people is that simply having a lot of applications installed causes slowness. In fact, the slowness only occurs due to lots of applications running. Potentially disk fragmentation can also be a cause for slowness, but that's a simple fix (although most won't notice any improvements by defragmenting).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :LFS is probably one of the best simulators out there for disk usage. The core is only about 150 MB, and if you disable skin downloads, that won't grow much more than maybe 1 MB if you go and get A LOT of setups.

As for lagging computer, the only way that would happen is if it was running. A common misconception by a lot of people is that simply having a lot of applications installed causes slowness. In fact, the slowness only occurs due to lots of applications running. Potentially disk fragmentation can also be a cause for slowness, but that's a simple fix (although most won't notice any improvements by defragmenting).

Thanks For Info. will install later. EDIT:People,more info?
Quote from Neon145 :Thanks For Info. will install later. EDIT:People,more info?

that's all the info you need.
Ok ill install it. Not Sure When.
lfs has many viruses
Yea,like Franky.exe,the Kingsbury trojans and what's the worst - NIKI.

But if seriously - the only virus is addiction!
If LFS addiction is a virus, we're somewhere within the right side of the epidemic curve, so there's nothing to worry about.
Quote from Franky.S :lfs has many viruses

Virus Detected! Franky.exe has been detected as trojan!
Quote from Eclipsed :Yea,like Franky.exe,the Kingsbury trojans and what's the worst - NIKI.

But if seriously - the only virus is addiction!

LFS Works like charm,no lag even with skin downloads or loads of setups. im starting my racing career and im still practicing.
The older packaging in a .zip file was better, just sayin'.
No need to install anything, which just clutters the Win register, makes icons and what not.

Yes LFS from lfs.net is safe to install on supported systems.
Just be sure to get the installer from lfs.net or it's mirrors.
Quote from JackCY :The older packaging in a .zip file was better, just sayin'.
No need to install anything, which just clutters the Win register, makes icons and what not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the only register entries the LFS file associations that you select during the installation process? And even if not, I don't think it "clutters" your registry.

Also, some people were having trouble extracting the zip file, so it's now become a lot easier.
Quote from JackCY :The older packaging in a .zip file was better, just sayin'.

You can use 7-zip to extract from the install EXE file. All you have to do is re-arrange a folder and off you go. That's if you prefer to take the trouble to do so haha!
Quote from Flame CZE :Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the only register entries the LFS file associations that you select during the installation process? And even if not, I don't think it "clutters" your registry...

Right

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG