The online racing simulator
S2. Should I? Shouldn't I?
(17 posts, started )
Allo guys, demo player here.

I've had some great racing (and some not so great racing) on the demo servers recently with the FBM around Blackwood and I thought... is S2 worth £24?

A friend recommended this game a long time ago, but he says the game is dead and not worth the upgrade these days. So any S2 players about your feedback is much appreciated.

Ta
#2 - Sobis
If you like racing - believe me, it's more than worth it. Cargame server is never empty on evenings and if you don't like public racing (but I think you do) there are always leagues.
F#%k yeah!

Not sorry for being so enthusiastic.
Friend recommended it but its dead.

Why recommend something which is dead? Are you a troll or serious?

400 laps on demo. Maybe stick a bit longer there to begin with
Quote from robwilson90 :Allo guys, demo player here.

I've had some great racing (and some not so great racing) on the demo servers recently with the FBM around Blackwood and I thought... is S2 worth £24?

A friend recommended this game a long time ago, but he says the game is dead and not worth the upgrade these days. So any S2 players about your feedback is much appreciated.

Ta

Yo have plenty of server with ppl, mostly cruise server, also Cargme is allways on with 3-4 server witch 2 of then are allways with ppl, Also you have a huge leagues all the times

LFS is dead to who want to be dead, for the rest of us that we still play it a lot after 8 years is not dead.

So yes, is worth that 24$.
Worth every penny
Of course its worth
Quote from cargame.nl :Friend recommended it but its dead.

Why recommend something which is dead? Are you a troll or serious?

I guess what he means is that his friend recommended LFS long time ago and now he says the game is dead, so he might not have said it was dead at the time he recommended it.
#9 - DrBen
Is it worth 24 pounds? If you don't earn less than that in a month I say it is. Graphics may be dated but are still perfectly adequate (you know the demo) - yet physics are right up there with the best of them. Even ffb "tells" you more than you get out of some other sims. If you really want to race online, without fuss -> lfs is (still) it. If you want to indulge yourself into the feel of real-world car-model copies and all kinds of real-world tracks (but hardly 1:1 reproductions), then try rFactor. HistoriX GT 1.95 is quite a superb mod.
But I have yet to race the damn thing.

If you don't have a steering wheel, yet -> lfs is it - me thinks. AND THEN, get a 900° capable wheel, instantly!
yes buy the game! :]
Quote from cargame.nl :400 laps on demo. Maybe stick a bit longer there to begin with

Hey Derp.

I didnt drive a single KM on demo before buying the game, still I bought it and loved it. So why should he have to drive more before upgrading?
I was on demo for 2 years almost.

But I'd say if you feel like you have tried everything you can on demo, and optimized there, go for S2
Lovely, thanks for all your feedback guys.

cargame.nl - I think you've misunderstood me there

DrBen - I have a G25 ready to go

Hope to see you on S2!
Something I would suggest (if you're interested in more organized racing) is to go check out the Leagues & Events forum. New Dimension Racing is probably one of the better event holders (and typically have at least 1 series running at any given time).
But they have minimum online distance requirement for both current series...

Anyway - welcome to LFS S2,race clean!
Quote from Eclipsed :But they have minimum online distance requirement for both current series...

Anyway - welcome to LFS S2,race clean!

We'll have series soonish that won't have that, some simple, fun, series (LX Challenge, TBO maybe, PERHAPS AN iTCC one-off?)
Quote from dekojester :We'll have series soonish that won't have that, some simple, fun, series (LX Challenge, TBO maybe, PERHAPS AN iTCC one-off?)

That sounds like something I would be VERY interested in :bananalla

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG