The online racing simulator
MotoX Simulator
(46 posts, started )
This game reminds me of MotoRacer3. I think I'll be sticking to that for now...
@P5YcHoM4N

I want to get some of that street action and sweet music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn96EHNwrG4
make sure to turn off arcade physics in MXS

@Mustangman

I know srsly
He's doing okay after a week, trust me. Being able to complete a lap consistently is honestly the #1 goal to me.

I'm having no problem with the corners, actually pretty quick at them. My only problem is being consistent over the jumps. If it's the outdoor, no problem as its just one jump at a time. However on Supercross it is consecutive. I may be able to pump out a good rhythm section, but then I botch the rest of the lap miserably. It's killing me but I can't quit.
I know how you feel PMD, I also know it's way too addicting to put down. Agreed, the hardest part is the jumps, but once you figure out all the stability settings and how to set up the dampers, the take-offs arn't so bad.

After spending a few nights getting pitched forward off the jumps I realized a setup that doesn't do that is necessary, otherwise its way too busy trying to shift the weight off every jump.

This post really helped.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/v ... ;hilit=supercross#p434412

Also here are my current settings.
Suspension
Stability
They work well on both the MX and SX tracks, still working on them though.

I don't know if they will work well for you as it is a very preferential thing, but the jumps are much easier since all you got to do is pin-it in the right gear.
Attached images
mx 2013-05-28 03-19-34-57.jpg
mx 2013-05-28 03-20-31-37.jpg
Okay that setup is where more stable than what I had.

Mine was way more sensitive and "loose". Yours I can just throw into the corner and power out. For the jumps, I have zero issues outdoors, but still a couple indoors. I'm no longer plowing the front tire which is nice, just need to line myself up better for the rhythm sections. If you screw up the first part of it, you screw up the whole thing.

Can happily say I got down to a 6.7 at Ekswanbee.
Attached images
MXS_Ekswanbee.png
phew thats hard
That link to that wall of text has good guidelines on how to setup the dampers. None of the setups I tried worked out for me cuz' I cant handle those twitchy setups.

The next step is just putting in the hours...

Also the bike appears less twitchy with higher FOV, since there is less relative movement than when zoomed in.
I have tweeked my setup to handle leaning while on the whoops a lot better. Though it wont fix leaning too far. Also it is slightly more twitchy to help stand up out of the hairpins.

http://youtu.be/iDKiItvouus

Setup
Suspension
Stability
Attached images
mx 2013-05-29 00-07-44-74.jpg
mx 2013-05-29 00-07-51-69.jpg
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :This game reminds me of MotoRacer3. I think I'll be sticking to that for now...

Hmm, if only there was that "traffic" mode...
so i managed a whole lap of rabbit hill with a time of 1:21.7 without falling lol
That's nearly 20 seconds off pace lol. As long as you aren't falling you are getting progress.
I don't like looking at my lap times, it makes me try to push too hard and I end up crashing more...
Quote from PMD9409 :That's nearly 20 seconds off pace lol. As long as you aren't falling you are getting progress.

yea, I didnt go as fast as I could have. decided I should go for a lap time before pushing hard. I always wreck over the jumps though dont know why
what bike do you guys use?
The standard 250f. If you use the set he posted and just hit the jumps straight without any form of leaning then you'll be fine.
maybe I'm just taking too much speed?
At rabbit hill that's impossible.
I can't even finish a turn
You're driving the FO8 again?
I've tried the setups with the 250f a little, it has more mid-range which boost you off the turns, so you'll have more speed off the jumps than the 125. But its geared mostly for the 125, which you can pin the throttle off pretty much all the jumps at supercross and Ekswanbee.

MotoX Simulator
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG