The online racing simulator

Poll : hotlaps

yes i upload hotlaps if i have a good laptime
no i dont bother to even if i beat the wr
i only upload if its very close to the wr
hotlaps? whats these?
s2 hotlaps, do you bother with them?
hi i was looking through the hotlaps list and wr, when i wondered how many people had actually done better times than the ones shown, but just dont upload them to lfs world. whats your opinion?
I am 0,25 seconds behind the WR with XRT+BL1, but getting the same time on a hotlap...it seems when I am hotlapping I can't drive but online I always come close to my PB.
Until the physics are complete, not much point in me doing it Not like I'm close to any WRs anyway ...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote :Congrats on your third poll in a week.

lol ive only recently started posting alot on the forum. i never used to dare post much as a demo racer. i was frightened id be flamed.
tbh, since we've got Hotlaps, I think I've only ever entered into HLVC mode once. Not enough social stuff (i.e. more multiplayer notepad) for me
#6 - Jakg
im 22nd on the SO2/FXO chart, although there are about 20 million people faster than me who cba to upload a lap
Yes, I upload hotlaps sometimes.
Quote from Captain Slow :lol ive only recently started posting alot on the forum. i never used to dare post much as a demo racer. i was frightened id be flamed.

LOL! you've grown in confidence, I personally think hotlaps are quite pointless, they dont really prove anything. Sure there are some stunning lap times being set but that doesnt show whether you can race over a long distance, that your're a clean racer, with say 20 other competitors. It's an lfs feature that some will like and some wont, some will bother with and others wont. Ocassionally i upload a hotlap when i can actually be bothered to race on my own and make one.. after the s2 patch update i have only uploaded one hotlap xrr ast nat..

i do admire biggie tho for holding so many records! that guy must not sleep and spend everyday racing.

mad
I hotlap every once and awhile, but I never upload them (to me, it would not be worth it).
Quote from Captain Slow :hi i was looking through the hotlaps list and wr, when i wondered how many people had actually done better times than the ones shown, but just dont upload them to lfs world. whats your opinion?

In HotLaps you are alone.
And you have to stay on track and can´t hit the wall.
Also no wind in Hotlap.

And yeah, many ppl don´t use Hotlap.
Quote from Madman_CZ :...I personally think hotlaps are quite pointless, they dont really prove anything. Sure there are some stunning lap times being set but that doesnt show whether you can race over a long distance, that your're a clean racer, with say 20 other competitors.

"Fast" certainly does not equal "good". I've seen many a lightning-quick driver cause more than their fair share of wrecks because of T1 impatience or not being able to pass people safely. Some people seem to think that because they're within a second or two of a WR it means a permanent blue flag for anyone they're racing against
I went into the hotlap mode thing once and never really understood if I was meant to do one flying lap or if I could keep driving around. I was in the Fox at RallyX and when I thought I had a good time I went to upload it and it turns out you cannot upload hotlaps for cars that dont have offroad tyres. I was quite dissapointed because i'd spent ages working on an offroad setup.
I think it would be a good idea to display a toplist of our PB's that we have at lfsworld.net. Then we would get the general idea of where we stand altho it is a good point that most people drive over grass when racing online and thus having much better times.

So it would be just the unofficial toplist, just to satisfy our curiosity...

And by the way WR holders usually have the setups so tweaked it only lasts a couple of laps. My XRT+BL1 setup lasts about 2 laps from the time the tyres are at the optimum temperature.
Quote from Becky Rose :I went into the hotlap mode thing once and never really understood if I was meant to do one flying lap or if I could keep driving around. I was in the Fox at RallyX and when I thought I had a good time I went to upload it and it turns out you cannot upload hotlaps for cars that dont have offroad tyres. I was quite dissapointed because i'd spent ages working on an offroad setup.

lmao
Quote from kurent :I think it would be a good idea to display a toplist of our PB's that we have at lfsworld.net.

Problem is people would abuse bump drafting to the extreme , im sure this would happen, some people even upload dodgy hotalps (/me looks over at dustin) it would be nice but hard to police.

Also i think you need another option in poll
> i upload if bad or good times
I'll only upload HL's in the first few days of a new patch where the combo is undriven, or driven very slowly, other than that, HL = :S
hankstar voted to ban dawesdust for quoting himself too often in his signature: press [1]

^_^
I've uploaded one or two hotlaps ages ago, but to be honest, it's not a feature that I personnally use that regularly anyway. The only time I'd take a look at the hotlap stats is to see what the wr for the track is.
Thats not fair, 1 was a good quote I said, and the other tristan said to quote... Oh, there's my mistake :P
Sorry, but hotlapping is way to boring for me. Well, I'm not near WR times anyway

Multiplayer and at least 10 drivers in server is my way to have fun
I haven't even bothered with hotlaps, tbh. Not a very good driver, so there's not point in broadcasting it for the whole internet to see.
a lot of people upload hotlaps only because of leagues (including me)... if you have more than 20 drivers, there aren't many other ways to divide them onto servers...

so i have not voted in the poll, because this option is not there...
I never hotlapped until I got into a competition with a collegue with XFG on BL1 for the quickest time.

At the moment I'm 0.02 secs in front

On the other hand I have LFS for 2 years and he for 2 months.... it sucks to be me
I voted no, although I have a XFG BL1 hotlap uploaded from the time I was a demo racer. The reason is I don´t do hotlapping volunteerily. It´s too boring for me. I only do it if it´s required for a league or a competition.
If I felt like it, I could get some world records or very fast times. But so much time is invested for something that will be eventually deleted when S2 is final. By the time S2 is final I will be hotlapping. It isn't pointless to hotlap right now persay, because it helps the developers know where weaknesses are in certain cars or classes. But there are plenty of other hotlapping nutters out there that do that already.

I also would prefer being involved with LFSWorld if it had its old interface -- or a new one. I haven't seen much of LFSW since the desktop one

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG