The online racing simulator
The original Formula M thread
(179 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to see the series in action?

Yes
No
Maybe
So let me see this straight - this is your first league,you're new to admining events,not much people knows you and yet you start to put some restrictions/requirements like mandatory team and 2 drivers in it? Sorry,you're screwed.
Start lower,with something easier,especially when you organize with a car so unpopular.
Quote from Eclipsed :So let me see this straight - this is your first league,you're new to admining events,not much people knows you and yet you start to put some restrictions/requirements like mandatory team and 2 drivers in it? Sorry,you're screwed.
Start lower,with something easier,especially when you organize with a car so unpopular.

Well, I don't think all the 26 voters would be wrong. And I decided to organize this series exactly because the car is very unpopular.
also, what kind of tracks do you want to be in the series. big tracks (like fe/ky) or layouts on carpark etc. or do you want a mix of them?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :also, what kind of tracks do you want to be in the series. big tracks (like fe/ky) or layouts on carpark etc. or do you want a mix of them?

Well I originally planned to get layouts approximately of the same length (in laptimes) but judging LFS' little amount of different tracks, it's rather impossible. Instead, I'll make tracks in different lengths (laptimes will be under 1:50 each track). I will not use the parking lot areas though, only the layout areas. And I prefer a fairly long calendar, which means there will be more than 1 event on the same track area, but with different layouts.
Quote from RandomnessInside :Well I originally planned to get layouts approximately of the same length (in laptimes) but judging LFS' little amount of different tracks, it's rather impossible. Instead, I'll make tracks in different lengths (laptimes will be under 1:50 each track). I will not use the parking lot areas though, only the layout areas. And I prefer a fairly long calendar, which means there will be more than 1 event on the same track area, but with different layouts.

a long series tend to die at the end
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :a long series tend to die at the end

The series should be longer than 6 rounds though.
no. trust me, 6 rounds or shorter is the way to go
Quote from RandomnessInside :Well, I don't think all the 26 voters would be wrong. And I decided to organize this series exactly because the car is very unpopular.

I like your optimism,but seriously - you don't really think that all 26 voters will be attending? From experience - usually ~1/3 of signed up drivers doesn't even arrive. Good luck anyway.
Just to inform something to prove that I'm have not forgotten about this, we've now built some layouts to be added in the calendar. Also, I think 6 rounds is the way to go. Note that there can be 2 rounds from the same track area.
Why the fixed setup? Most MRT sets are beyond my ability
Quote from Racon :Why the fixed setup? Most MRT sets are beyond my ability

The fixed setup is to allow novice drivers to get the taste of racing without further knowledge of setups. As the series is aimed for everyone, we're making it balanced so everyone is driving with the same setups, but with different talent.
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
Quote from Smashmolth :That has no point at all! Why would people even train for the races if setups already made?
And second thing, it's one of the best things in lfs to try make own set, why disallow it? that's just stupid idea.

As I said this gives no one advantage - everyone will be running the same setup only with minor changes, and basically everyone could be a championship contender then. Either way this was just a suggestion towards the community, but can be discussed as the series is still under construction.
Quote from RandomnessInside :The fixed setup is to allow novice drivers to get the taste of racing without further knowledge of setups. As the series is aimed for everyone, we're making it balanced so everyone is driving with the same setups, but with different talent.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a novice and a fixed set is a huge turn-off for me in any car, and a complete barrier to entry for any car that fights back, like the MRT.
Quote from Racon :I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm a novice and a fixed set is a huge turn-off for me in any car, and a complete barrier to entry for any car that fights back, like the MRT.

If this was demo, I'd agree to the fixed setup . But, this isn't , and we're all experienced enough to know that somebody, whether it be you or the guy behind you, has a faster setup and need to learn from it . MRT setups can always be shared and I'm sure drivers could find them through the supporting sites given in the separate forum. At the same time, do we even have a possible schedule? This way we can start making reminders in our iPhones or on our calenders. No need to rush by any means, just curious about the options and planning of this.
Those who are interested to try out some layouts already, just make a post on this thread.
Sure, why not, I'll test. I won't be good, but I'll give you a "slow" review.
Ditto, on both counts
I think we still need more posts to share the layouts.
THREAD UPDATED. All of the layouts are almost ready as well, so all we need to do then is to get the broadcast team and make a rulebook.
Formula M?
Quote from Texpelt88 :Formula M?

What's unclear to you?
Just an observation of the change of name really.
Fixed setups on MRT?

The original Formula M thread
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG