The online racing simulator
The original Formula M thread
(179 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to see the series in action?

Yes
No
Maybe

Season 2013

Championship Results
Sign-Ups
Rulebook
Replays
Thread

The minimum amount of laps exceeding 150 km was used as the race length. NOTE: Round 4 was delayed by 1 week from its original date.

The events started at 17:00 UTC, and there also was a possibility to watch live from LFS Remote. The drivers were required to enter the server as soon as possible.

CHANGELOG:

12.9.2013 Race lengths decreased.

8.9.2013 Race lengths revealed and series thread created.

30.8.2013 Fern Bay layout updated and attached.

23.8.2013 Sign-ups open, rulebook released and practicing server launched.

20.8.2013 Track layouts attached.

20.7.2013 Series logo released.

18.7.2013 Track calendar released.

17.7.2013 Because Westhill is such a long and boring track for the MRT's, it has now been decided that the series is shortened to 5 rounds, because we won't use Autocross. This leads to the series to end on the 9th of November instead.

28.6.2013 The fixed setups are considered to be forced again, having discovered the usage of the MPR Extractor. The official decision is still to come though.

26.5.2013: The series schedule is now added on the LFS race calendar, and the series name has been decided to be Formula M (M for MRT). The series will start on the 14th of September and will end on the 23rd of November. The races are held on Saturdays every other week. The calendar consists of 6 rounds, each of them being driven on different tracks. The knock-out qualifying idea has been scrapped, as well as the fixed setups, because there's no simple way to accomplish it. As the rulebook comes, the points system will be informed as well. We also decided to allow bump-drafting.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Original text:

Hi everyone,

Following my resigning from GPVWC's Formula Challenge series, I have not found another series to race in. Therefore, I'm planning a new series based on the MRT5 car and custom tracks. This thread is meant to see how many people recommend this idea, and want to be a part of it or support it. The series is focused on drivers who prefer it the easy and slow way, the series is available for everyone. The name mentioned in the title is not the final name, it could as well be MRT World Series or MRT World Cup or perhaps in a real world name, Formula SAE Championship.

I've already planned some rules, such as:

- Common setups (Everyone would use the same setups, only with minor changes).
- Custom tracks (LFS tracks with custom layouts).
- 26 car grid (Maximum of 26 drivers can take part in a race).
- Pre-Qualifying (Because of the limited amount of the drivers, a pre-qualifying session would be organized).
- Knockout qualifyings (The top 10 of the qualifying 1 will advance to qualifying 2).
- Custom points system (Not designed yet).

If this sounds like a great idea, hit more suggestions below. It would also be neat if this could be broadcasted.
i will drive,but if race are only on saturday or sunday (maybe and friday).Like the idea with custom tracks
Quote from BorislavB :i will drive,but if race are only on saturday or sunday (maybe and friday).

I was actually planning to organize the races for the weekend
Quote from Muhi_GP :ye weekend will be good for me.
im in!

Weekends may not work. May wanna check schedules. Lfscart and fox junior this summer
without speedbumps you would see hacker on track..
(Just want to say that i am interested only if there won't be another speedbump only layouts..)
Quote from Denny12 :(Just want to say that i am interested only if there won't be another speedbump only layouts..)

Don't worry, the layouts will include more than just speed bumps.
Mrt5 races
Nice 1 ill be in hopefully
Then again, we could organize the qualifyings on separate days than the races, to follow a real life schedule.
not bad, maybe i wouldn't put tyres on apexes..
Quote from Denny12 :not bad, maybe i wouldn't put tyres on apexes..

Please keep in mind that this is still a WIP and numerous changes can happen I put the tyres on the apexes just to avoid cutting, which is rather obvious.
Quote from RandomnessInside :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... tX6Q&feature=youtu.be

That track is Fern Bay Cadet (Code: FE1X_F11). https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1578970#post1578970

Quote from RandomnessInside :The name mentioned in the title is not the final name, it could as well be MRT World Series or MRT World Cup or perhaps in a real world name, Formula SAE Championship.

Formula SAE has from what I know a way different format. I don't think, that is is a good thing to name your series after a reallife counterpart wich works completely different.

Quote from RandomnessInside :I've already planned some rules, such as:

- Common setups (Everyone would use the same setups, only with minor changes).

How do you want to control the setups?
Quote from RandomnessInside :- 26 car grid (Maximum of 26 drivers can take part in a race).

Why not using full grids? The problem often is, that having a lower max.grid turns out in low turn-up numbers at the end of the season.
Oh didn't realize this version has already been featured in the unofficial open configuration list anyway, I'm going to do some changes on it so it's distinguishable.

Quote from TFalke55 :Why not using full grids? The problem often is, that having a lower max.grid turns out in low turn-up numbers at the end of the season.

The reason for not using full grid is just a thought that is stuck on my head, after experiencing Formula Challenge with over 40 cars, that's no good...and since this layout is so narrow and short, I would prefer a fairly limited amount. But things can change, it was just a suggestion...

Quote from TFalke55 :How do you want to control the setups?

Well, things like tire pressures and fuel load would only be allowed to be changed.
Quote from RandomnessInside :The reason for not using full grid is just a thought that is stuck on my head, after experiencing Formula Challenge with over 40 cars, that's no good...and since this layout is so narrow and short, I would prefer a fairly limited amount. But things can change, it was just a suggestion...

Well LFS's natural grid limit is 32. The late OWRL MRT league had 22 cars at the strongest round. Persoally I much rather have full grids when organizing leagues. It is more work but also more fun if done properly.
Quote from TFalke55 :Well LFS's natural grid limit is 32. The late OWRL MRT league had 22 cars at the strongest round. Persoally I much rather have full grids when organizing leagues. It is more work but also more fun if done properly.

Ok...guess we'll be expecting a full grid then! Assuming that people are interested in this series, of course.
Quote from RandomnessInside :Ok...guess we'll be expecting a full grid then! Assuming that people are interested in this series, of course.

Don't expect,you'll might be disapointed. Just remove the limitation.
Quote from Eclipsed :Don't expect,you'll might be disapointed. Just remove the limitation.

Haha, I think you misunderstood my point I said I could remove the limitation, but naturally more people would need to join to complete the grid.
Well I have another reason why it could be good to lift that limitation: If you have 1 or 2 or even those 6, that possibly could be additional, racers more then spots on the 26er grid, they most likely won't return to the series. Motivation is such a crutial thing, especially since LFS doesn't have the biggest number of active league racers these days and not all of those are gathered on the lfsworld.net plattform (there are some strong national communities around). Also the MRT is not the most beloved car and holding leagues on weekends will ultimately result in your series clashing with another.
Ok, I think the poll speaks for itself now. I think we should indeed publish this series! Now we just need people to play their roles in the whole setup.
I am in . *short , straight to the point comment*
Sounds good! I will be in, if races will drive on sunday sorry for my bad english
MRT and open layouts, I'm in.
Reminder for those who plan to participate in the series: They must be in a valid team, teamless drivers are not allowed. This is a team-based series, with 2 drivers in each team to a race. Meaning, that drivers shall be swapped during the races, but only 2 drivers per team per race. One team can compete with only one driver though.

(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG