The online racing simulator
MPR Setup Extractor [April Fools]
(95 posts, closed, started )
You probably can get what they want to do by having a look at tyre pressure and compound but you can deduce the strategy by looking at tyre temp during the race too. You can have understand which part of stint they want to be fast too with few other parameters (aero for example) but once again you can deduce it during the race.

I can't say if someone is going for 1h15 strategy because they have 105N/mm rear stiffness and 8,4kNs/m damper stiffness.

There isn't a lot to learn from a setup if you don't drive it and you can't test two setups, feel that the suspension is better on the first one, then try the second and feel the differential is awesome and merge both to make a third one. That should (or you are lucky) not work as everything having influence on everything.

I don't say that doesn't give you an unfair advantages but at the end of the day I will not change my strategy in an endurance race because someone else is doing another one. If you have investigate your possibilities correctly, you know what you are doing and then it's more about doing you own race as anyway that's the fastest you can go in pace/strategy.

Then when looking at others tyres during the race, you know when someone will struggle with his tyres by simply pressing F9 When we decided to use r2/r3, we already knew everyone in the grid will use r3/r3 (except maybe ineX) so we will have an hard day in first few minutes but should be quite strong mid stint with possible difficulties at the end with tyres wear.
Quote from MoMo92i :That's why Vires was the only team to run r2/r3 XRR setup in last GT1WS at SO4 (was the same in BL1) with obviously some different gearings.

We have clearly stole someone else setup on this one that's so obvious!

yeah we got it only to report it. We didn't use it and didn't build it. You can ask developers and one moderator of this forum. Btw was suprised when talking to some teams leaders that so many have already heard about it (if not got it).

@Fram : Yeah made probably a small mistake there but anyone having a look at gt1ws or gt3tcc would see we got our own setup. We are the only one to get r2/r3 sets in race in GT1 and in GT3 we are the only one to make those r2 tyres last so long so...

If people are stupid enough to believe Vires is a team that steals setup to other competitors whereas we are probably one of the team that edit the most the set (SO4 set was based on F1RST set from MoE10/11, just checked the only thing we didn't edited was R3 tyres at the back and interestingly the rear toe), it's not even worth talking to them.

Anyway at the end of the day, everyone driving differently so everyone need a set made on purpose so ppl stealing others sets have the wrong approach.

For those who didn't get it, that's call sarcasm even on 01/04

http://i.imgur.com/WUSRxsE.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/bdM7Adz.png

But I dont blame you, though.
Happy April Fools' Day!
Get some pride people.

People who steal setups are faggots, and should be hung by their balls..
Have a nice day.

Also, good April fools Joku.
Isaac when posting something from private conversation on facebook publically please post everything. Didn't get your set personally, (don't want to) just someone from our side check everyone set to look who have similar set to someone else (was interesting apparently). Then yeah at BL1 and FE3 we got some base set from Joni, an old friend from some E-Team family, which were quite modified (actually not so much at FE3 as we didn't trained so much for this one).

Didn't change my approach anyway, we still were the only team running r2/r3 at SO4.
#31 - CSF
Quote from MoMo92i :
If people are stupid enough to believe Vires is a team that steals setup to other competitors whereas we are probably one of the team that edit the most the set (SO4 set was based on F1RST set from MoE10/11, just checked the only thing we didn't edited was R3 tyres at the back and interestingly the rear toe), it's not even worth talking to them.
[/SIZE]

I don't remember F1RST in MoE 2010/11. That was the season where MoE went funny with the restrictions.
Good thing this game isn't as big as Counter-Strike or something..

I think this is equivalent to ghosting or worse.
You should be banned for a good amount of time, imo.
I showed that you learned something from what you saw there which you wouldnt/shouldnt have learned. Like I said, I dont blame you. I blame the devs obviously for letting it get to this situation. Theres no point fighting with each other, it wont change anything
Well in present time racing and LFS leagues such as GT1WS i think there's only a few top team teams (like top 3 or maybe top 5) which try's to develop something totally new or atleast tweak already existing setups.

Tools like that is a good thing for a outsiders/newcomers teams and some teams from the middle of the grid. I mean if you are on their situation and have no clue about setup making tool like that is really usefull because only thing to do is download a setup / stole someone else's hard work on the setup and practice hard on it and learn the car and track and you easly can get a good pace and get some really nice race result for that team.
And in this case someone in a team with setup knowledge is just useless.

But in top 3-5 it seems to be a diffrent thing:
It might look like getting a setup from a strongest team is enough to win a race but even top teams aren't that stupid and they know that one rule: "when you do not make a step forward, that means you really did two steps back by doing nothing".

Top teams and their setup makers / drivers are trying to make some an unbelievable things in their cars to get a bit better pace just to still keeping their leadership because not only thing of having good drivers and having a decent pace make builds up your team name as a top team. Here at highest level its not only work by drivers on a track to learn a set and improve their pace, its also hard work in garages and testing and developing new things to make us even that 0.1s faster which maybe give use a victory.

In present time I think top teams drivers / setup makers are on really high level of knowledge about setups if not even at same level, but with just their own philosophy of setup making or just diffrent driving style which makes them real artists of sim racing who makes more than just learning an existing setup.
Happy April Fools!

Nice jóchè!
Hopefully nowhere, I hope this april fool will at least urge devs to do something because I (and Team Vires) don't like such a hax to exist which is the reason why as soon as it was around the team we reported it to devs and to some leagues admins.

Quote from CSF :I don't remember F1RST in MoE 2010/11. That was the season where MoE went funny with the restrictions.

09/10

Isaac yeah I knew it that way but could have figured out by looking at the replay as what I said before (see screenshot attached). And as I told you in that facebook convo, that wasn't the aim, just something the guy that checked sets noticed as after the race we were thinking we did run too much pressure.

Let's play a game :

From that screenshot I can say (if I assume Isaac, James, Krasi and Niki are in similar laps within the stint and got similar driving style which is wrong too) that Vires running slightly lower pressure than ineX, less front left camber (James being also wrong with ARB probably). Possibly I would say Isaac running LSD as his rear tyre temp is roughly similar to james, same tyre shape but he got hotter inner part of rubber (or get a slide somewhere in the sweepers) which would make me think he is wearing it more in traction than Vires (that got locked diff). Regarding genR and Ixion, they are both running more tyre pressure (but have also 2 laps more on their tyres).

Vires front left camber was -1.7° and tyre pressure was 154kPa. Please tell me how wrong I am (pm accepted)
Attached images
tyres.jpg
Meh, all this setup whoring makes me sick. You know, I really miss the old times, when people gathered on public team servers (F1RST, 3id, etc...) and practised together, like a proper community. Look what's going on know, everyone is hiding their setups on hidden servers. Sad, really...
Shame on anyone who uses it, and the other hacks we don't know about. I could never see myself do something like this, it's just against everything why I race. This is bad, and you should feel bad.
Looks like someone has finally posted this kind of program to Youtube with download links and everything. I just hope it will be posted here too!
Who knows, maybe one day we can practice online again then
If you spend three weeks on a single setup just to have a slightest advantage over somebody else in a league race, and immediately after the race everyone else has the opportunity to click-this-that and take it, whats the point then? Why we are still doing leagues then? Let's just go to public servers, send setups to east and west and live a happy life then.

I don't understand teams that might use or used it already. People should be ashamed. I mean, thats the point - a difference between a league and a public race. In a league, its not only the drivers who do the job, its a hard work on a setup of EVERYONE IN A TEAM or either who is responsible for setups so that is suitable for everyone in the crew that'll drive it. And seeing your rival "watching over your shoulder" and taking something you spent weeks on in few seconds is a disgusting manner.
That video really sucks ! I would even prefer one or two teams to get it than everyone in this planet. In public server you just have to ask for setup. I have some private race sets but when I did something for public racing I usually always share it.

Thanksfully the set doesn't make everything and should fit the drivers but still make a huge difference.

Really dissapointed about devs on this topic, that's already 2 months a mail have been sent to them, with the application in order to report it.

At least now everyone can download it and check Vires is actually using r2/r3 setup when everyone is using r3/r3 with nothing similar to others and so not hacking other teams setup. But would have prefered this doubt stays instead it to be removed that way...

Btw Daniel : Setup making and driver feedback is also a skill. That's what makes Senna that good !
Which mod changed the title without verifying if it's true or not?
I don't really disagree with what Daniel did - If he posts it, it means the devs cant hide from it anymore - everyone can see what they're doing if they don't reply and move on, and if they do reply then it's a good thing. If they do nothing and what Daniel does has a negative impact on LFS long term, then that would have happened anyway through time the same way the SPR ripping tool spread through LFS. If it's a tool that everyone is using then they will have to do something or leave the competitive aspect of their league to die. If the devs replied something initially then I'm sure it wouldn't have escalated to this situation, so this is their fault not anybody elses. Now its over to them again

And I'm sure both of the active mods know very well that it's true so it doesn't really matter Dave. Deko has this on his PC as it was given to him by Vires, and Flame is involved in the league racing community so will know of it too I'm fairly sure, even if their isn't something written already about it in the moderators section.
My browser doesn't load the link joku posted anyways. So I guess I'm SOL.
I have to say I'm just happy it's now available for everyone. Every team starts to build their setups from same line now and everyone got the earlier season's setups. However, practicing online isn't possible anymore but the situation was same when (probably) only vires had this kind of program.
Note that the program posted to youtube isn't the same as vires originally had so the creator was just meaning good when he created this program. It's just not fair if only one of the top teams has this kind of program.

Anyway, I don't believe we see often teams driving with same setups in future because as momo said, the setup must fit the driver but still if someone manages to steal other team's setup, there's much information to gain from it.
Good riddance
Quote from MonkeyHead :I have to say I'm just happy it's now available for everyone. Every team starts to build their setups from same line now and everyone got the earlier season's setups. However, practicing online isn't possible anymore but the situation was same when (probably) only vires had this kind of program.
Note that the program posted to youtube isn't the same as vires originally had so the creator was just meaning good when he created this program. It's just not fair if only one of the top teams has this kind of program.

Anyway, I don't believe we see often teams driving with same setups in future because as momo said, the setup must fit the driver but still if someone manages to steal other team's setup, there's much information to gain from it.

so how would you know what it looked like?
It's funny how the same group of people try to make out as if we made the program and used it for own personal gain - which is wrong. We came across te program, handed it over to the Devs and when asked other teams a surprising amount of them had either heard of it or indeed had it already (I won't say who). Then once we handed it over to Devs / active moderators I noticed the same group of people were always running very similar looking setups, checked an yep you guessed it they were running identical setups to other teams, which was strange.

You try to make out as if Vires are using this as an advantage? Well we've been different on setups ever since Morgan arrived here and even before that our setups were very different because we had no idea what we were doing. And yes I know you've said you can check strategy and all that shit but quite honestly as LFS stands atm we barely have the motivation to drive let alone harvest setups as you say we do and check them all.

It's also pretty funny how the group claiming we have it are actually the very same group we got it from in the first place - go figure eh? Stop being so naive and playing innocent.

Anyway all this has shown is how little Devs seem to care about something integral to LFS and thats really showed us there is no future here for many teams will be going to other sims in the next few months.

Besides, there are more than one way of getting a lot of setups from top teams.
This thread is closed

MPR Setup Extractor [April Fools]
(95 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG