The online racing simulator
Arma III
(114 posts, started )
Quote from Boris Lozac :Exit your steam client while playing, cause the game runs some cracked steam files, may result in some steam bans if you leave the client on.

PM me too pls
Quote from Keling :Sorry if it's a stupid question, but why 2 red dot sights?

One is for gangsta style shootings...

I assume the other is for the grenade launcher.
Quote from heson :One is for gangsta style shootings...

I assume the other is for the grenade launcher.

Yep, one for the rifle, one for the attached grenade launcher...

The game looks stunning, and the AI has had a noticable upgrade as well... I feel the new gear system also is an improvement, although it's as finnicky as the old one, but for different reasons...

For anyone who doesn't want to feel Steam's banhammer, Lite Invites start the 14th, so not even a week from now...

Recoil is appaling atm for anything over 15 m (you really don't want to engage the AI that close), and the fact that all your starting rifles in the showcases are semi-auto doesn't help... It feels like you're not a well-trained soldier, but a weak-limbed computer programm- oh wait...
Well yeah, I agree that gettin Alpha invite is a better solution, even if that doesn't provide you an access to MP gaming. It's all about the testing, right? If you wanna full experience - buy it. Simple as that. If anyone could send me an invitation to try out Arma III Sp, I would be really appreciated.

Btw, I've already mentioned about BF2 mod Project Reality, I see that v1.6 of this mod is already runnin' on Arma II base and it's really popular (I see no reason to be suspicious about it, 'cos as far I've played this mod on BF2 I know this mod is unbelievable).
The developers have pointed out that they are about to start making a brand new version of Project Reality for Arma III. It's amazing. Still.. I think still even at Alpha condition, there is a great deal to buy Arma II for 5 euros, download this mod and play MP with 60+ persons on the server, 'cos anyways you'll need to wait for Arma III until late summer to get a final product without bugs. So, you are still free to not wait until summer and experience a true brutal warfare MP gaming. Just an advice.
I do remember BF2 times, playin' with 60+ people online. It was a remarkable experience. The thing I know for sure - Arma III + Project Reality mod gonna be legen - waaait for it... - dary..

Btw, more info about the mod: realitymod.com
Can someone explain some more advance stuff i could do with the editor, can't figure out how to plant or spawn vehicles, how to change weapons gear etc..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's the third world country thing It's a torrent.. i'll send you guys a link in PM.

prettyplease
You guys never used torrents in your life? Heard about that one with some pirates, in a bay..

The AI is insane btw, did this in editor, placed four of them to guard this compound within these walls, have no idea where the other one was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNDCxR5gJOM
Yeah, of course we all've heard, but I didn't know that pirate companies would be so fast to do a cracked version so instantly AND WORKING ON MP So I wasn't in a hurry to search for it. You did it for us. Thanks.
Quote from bbman :Yep, one for the rifle, one for the attached grenade launcher...

Red dot for grenade launcher...

Did some Googling. Looks like it's just a muzzle direction pointer with no adjustable drop. It's still userful for a bullet gun but for a grenade launcher, what's the point?

Is there any FPS game that does drop/windage right and actually let you adjust the aim (iron/reflex/scrope/whatever) accordingly?
Quote from Keling :
Is there any FPS game that does drop/windage right and actually let you adjust the aim (iron/reflex/scrope/whatever) accordingly?

ArmA 2 with ACE mod.
Can some Arma veteran sum up this game in a couple of lines? I'm still a bit confused what's the 'meat and bones' of this game, what's the main selling point, what kind of gameplay/missions..
It's warfare, military simulation. It is a unique product which has not any rivals. There is a plenty of warfare games: COD, MOH, BF (except the case when you run Project Reality mod on BF2 base) and many more, but there is no simulation, simply. Correct me if I am wrong, but it's the way it's. Also none warfare game can boast itself havin' a bloody hell huge maps, a variety of guns, vehicles.

Warfare games are actually developed to have SP, a story line... It was always. Nowadays the developers are more prone to create them to be good at MP, but it's just another CS, run and kill... No art in it. I would recommend them to get back on makin strong SP that for what those warfare were always awesome in the past. A long storyline was a key for previous MOH, COD titles, like MOH Frontline, COD the first titles. Nowadays they make useless SP orientating on MP which is even more useless.

Meanwhile Bohemia Interactive with its Arma title are orientated on MP stuff and providing a full warfare simulation experience. That has no any match at the moment. That what makes them the very special ones.
Yeah i saw that video a few days ago, cleared a lot of things up but i'm still not 100% clear as to what to expect.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah i saw that video a few days ago, cleared a lot of things up but i'm still not 100% clear as to what to expect.

Then just watch Arma II stuff, basically. You will find out the answer.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah i saw that video a few days ago, cleared a lot of things up but i'm still not 100% clear as to what to expect.

You'll get what you make of it
Well I've tried Alpha III today and I my mood was well set up when I was dropped on Stratis island in the very first campaign and I noticed how well my GPU handles it. Meanwhile when I got to the town: I got maybe 30 avg fps I think, which was a bit surprising, I dropped down visibility, some details.. basically nothing helped, so I even OC my GPU and CPU, but still no better result, even worse - then I had to deal with freezes, visual artefacts and other shit.. Well, dunno. I won't be buying this stuff soon, up to this date the optimization is poor and I am not even talkin' about MP where you get an instant 10-15 fps drop down. So, yeah... Pitty.
How are your other settings, that's strange, when i'm alone wandering in the island i get from 35 to 55. When there's lots of buildings it's 35-40.. And no artifacts and freezes, you've put the latest drivers and everything?
Well, I noticed if you set terrain detail to standart or low, you gain some good fps. On what settings do you play?
Here's my settings, I average from 30 to 50 in that city with lots of buildings. Still not as smooth as i would like to, it has something to do with that motion blur when turning fast, i saw on Armaholics there's a mod to disable that.
Attached images
arma3 settings.jpg
Quote from Boris Lozac :Here's my settings, I average from 30 to 50 in that city with lots of buildings. Still not as smooth as i would like to, it has something to do with that motion blur when turning fast, i saw on Armaholics there's a mod to disable that.

Motion blur stands for Postprocesses, disable it and your motion blur is gone. Well that's weird. You are having more fps than I do with a more powerful GPU. Well, then I really starting to believe that for this stage, Alpha is really much CPU demanding, instead of GPU. It makes basic calculations on CPU. And GPU is gettin loaded not up to the limit. It's something like 70-80 maybe at max.. In my case even lover, much lower. around 60+ maybe. That's the problem.

Btw, previously you mentioned that you are dealing with a problem gettin' more than 30 fps. Now you say you get 30 AT LEAST and up to 55. What have you done over that period? I would like to know and, by the way, what is your CPU clock speed at the moment? I basically OC basically nearby 3,1GHz
The main thing are those viewing distances on the first screen, set it up like me, or even lower, that's where the biggest difference in fps is.
My cpu is at default clock, 3.4ghz.

Btw yes the blur is cause of the postprocess, but disabling is not the answer, i want to retain the nice effects but just disable that blur when turning. There's a mod for that.

EDIT: yes, Terrain quality on Standard gives 10 more fps, and it still looks great.
Crazy real on occasions, set the daytime at 05:30 and a couple of AI's for practice.. Don't know if this is cautios enough, haven't been this carefull since Project IGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQxjNgqSnMM

Arma III
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG