The online racing simulator
Arma III
(114 posts, started )
Arma III

Arma III by Bohemia Interactive
Hey, guys!

Somehow I do miss a thread about this one exciting warfare simulation. Your thoughts about a brand new release of Arma? Well it's still an Alpha version, so basically it is on test conditions (not optimized yet and stuff).

From March 14 (if I am right) there will be a possibility for a current Arma III Alpha owners to send an invitation to friends to test this game for free until 18th of June. The current price of this game starts at 24.99 euros, then deluxe version 39.99 euros, supporters - 69.99 euros. More info at: http://www.arma3.com/buy

Well, basically what I've found out - the game, judging of pc specifications, isn't really demanding:

PC requirements:

OS: Windows Vista SP2/Windows 7 SP1 (as recommended one)
Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz/AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz 512MB (Intel Core i5-2300/AMD Phenom II X4 940 1GB recommended)
Memory: 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT/ATI Radeon HD 3830/Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560/AMD Radeon HD 7750 recommended)
Hard Drive: 15 GB free HDD space (25 GB free HDD space recommended)
Audio: DirectX® compatible on-board (as recommended one)

Note: If you'll play up to 1080p and single monitor, you are fine with 1GB RAM GPU card, if you wanna play beyond 1080p or on triple screens 2GB is strongly recommended. Well I've heard that SLi technology is not really optimized yet and not a big performance is achieved with couple of runnin' card/no better performance at all.

Boris, to free roam go in the editor and add a unit to the map (make sure it's controlled by the player) and preview. You'll probably want a helicopter too, just to check things out.

As for the voice acting, there's a ton of it. Best to just mute the radio.
Boris, can you share your pc specs. I am really pleased to hear that HD 7850 runs beautiful on Arma III, meanwhile I've read before some stories that basically Arma III guys, Bohemia Interactive, built game using Nvidia cards and PhysX engine, so the game is not really optimized for Radeon owners, but I've watched some gameplay videos on youtube and game even at Alpha stage runs really well on Nvidia, either on Radeon GPUs. Well I think it depends on many factories, but the easiest way is to charge GPU for all faults, not really gettin' close to the real problem, such as graphic settings in the game: puttin a huge amount of visibility which GPU can't just handle and etc. Also, some stuff related to hardware and don't forget the fact it's not even Beta, it's the very first stage - Alpha. Well I even managed to play Arma II pretty decently on my old GPU: Asus NGT 9600 512MB GDDR3 and I heard many things on Arma III is using the same engine as Arma II, so yeah.

Well.. Arma II was a total discovery for me. Such a nice warfare simulation. So real. No multishooting to shoot down the person. Also, those tactics, team play, huge maps, a big selection of vehicles, guns. Authentic sounds and movements. The graphics are decent and nice as well. I was really into Project Reality mod for BF2 game. Arma II was even a big step forward. So, I do expect from Arma III even more. Can't wait to buy the game and feel the experience.
My specs are: Phenom II X4 965, Radeon 6870, 4gb of ram..
Can't get over 30fps though, but didn't wanna go below High settings, some are Very High, but it's very playable on 30. It's not like it's Counter strike and you need to move quickly all the time.

This is still all too confusing and overwhelming for me, reading all the possibilites of the game but not yet understanding what's the biggest selling point of the game.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Had to record the gun sound, it's brutal.

True, they are fantastic. Especially since my shit laptop has to run everything on minimum (no shadows FTW), it's such a contrast between great sound and shit graphics.
lold
Quote from Boris Lozac :voice acting is atrocius so hoping there's not much of that when playing MP or co-op..

I take it you never played OFP/Arma 1&2? All they had was synthesized voices, so any kind of voice acting in Arma 3 single player is a real godsend.

Arma is all about multiplayer anyway, there's nothing quite like taking part in a huge operation with close to 100 players.
Did play OFP back in the days yes, never finished it as it was frustratingly difficult for me then
I've been roaming the island and playing with the editor (still have no idea what i'm doing) and my god it's beautifull.
I'm scared to get hooked on to this, the possibilites, even though i still can't grasp them all, are mind boggling..
Thanks for the tip, downloading now. Steam downloads are quick these days, faster than the bay
My brother bought it instantly, gonna try it tonight!
Great! Give us a feedback after tryin' this
Yeah, also recording puts down some amount of fps. Well.. Yeah judging from your video, mate, the graphics are unbelievable. The sounds either are. I am surprised that you run this game pretty decently even with such GPU u mentioned and fraps (i guess) recording. So I am really looking forward to test it out with my brand new MSi HD 7850 OC 1GB GDDR5. The thing is I am a bit concerned about my CPU, but well.. We all know that games (this one as well) is more like GPU demanding, instead of CPU. We can find not really many examples where game are more CPU demanding (such as GTA IV) than GPU.
much more yes
its pretty awesome, but it has just begun...wait 2-3 years and it will be hard to tell if a pic is from a game or RL...
Mate, try one trick with the settings: play around with shadow details. I watched one video earlier today, and I saw that there is basically no difference between low and high shadow setting. I mean, well.. yeah high looks a bit more realistic, softer, but what touches dynamic rendering (how the shadow changes when u moving and looking at it from different angles), you can see that on high setting, the shadow may look very, very edgy from a particular angle, meanwhile on low settings, the shadow is much more well rendered out, so not edgy. So, I think you can earn some fps on this part. I think it's some kind of bug which Bohemia Interactive needs to sort it out and fix it.

Source about the shadows (Youtube ARMA III video settings tutorial, an exact time of shadows part)
Cheers for the tip, just played some multiplayer, had no idea what the mission was, just followed my teammates Intense stuff, pretty much nothing's happening then bam, bullets start flying around and you have no idea where the enemy is, it has that feeling of really beeing there, man i gotta buy this like tommorow.
Frames dropped to 10, 15 after a while in mp though..
Dont worry, mate. It's an alpha version. It will get better over the time. It's some fps leak due to not optimized version. The developers has still a lot to do. Even one guy who streamed his gameplay and uploaded on youtube recommended me not to rush buying this game, cos at this stage it has a million of bugs, but well.. easy to say.. I won't be waiting until June to get a final version of the game

Btw, can I ask you how did you get an access to the game if you haven't bought this yet?
Quote from seniecka :
Btw, can I ask you how did you get an access to the game if you haven't bought this yet?

same question
would like to try before i buy.
Since I bought it I should have some Alpha Lite (SP only) passes somewhere, just need to find out where.
Quote from seniecka :

Quote from [RCG]Boosted :same question
would like to try before i buy.

It's the third world country thing It's a torrent.. i'll send you guys a link in PM.
Cool stuff. I do appreciate
Exit your steam client while playing, cause the game runs some cracked steam files, may result in some steam bans if you leave the client on.

Arma III
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG