The online racing simulator
Arma III
(114 posts, started )
Nice, but I can't stand playin' this game since it's not optimized yet. I even set settings on standart, set visibility to 800 and still no fps gain, gpu load maybe 50-60... CPU load pretty same. It uses half of my pc capability. That's wrong. Thankfully I got a chance to test it before buyin', cos in other case I would have regret
I forgot what cpu you have mate, if it's dual-core then i don't know what you've expected With terain on standard i rarely get bellow 40fps, in forests and stuff it goes to 80.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I forgot what cpu you have mate, if it's dual-core then i don't know what you've expected With terain on standard i rarely get bellow 40fps, in forests and stuff it goes to 80.

I have AMD Phenom II X4 920 at stock 2,8Ghz, I even boosted as I said to 3,3Ghz. No advance. Something is wrong. I don't know... Meh I am not going to overclock anything again :| Yesterday I put wrong value on PCIe Bus speed and my PC just crashed, no display appeared. I took an hour to remove wires from buses, remove GPU to reach jumpers on the motherboard and reset the BIOS, then everything again placing everything into its places and boot the machine. I was so mad on myself torturing the hardware just because of the damn non optimized game.. I am done with this At least Assetto Corsa runs nicely and smoothly. That's the key. That was the main goal why I bought this GPU. Thankfully I did not burn my GPU because of that PCIe speed change.
I guess I better not install it yet then I have a Phenom x2 560 3.3Ghz
Watched some hostage rescue missions, where the terrorists/kidnappers are also real people, how does that even work, what's stopping them from killing the hostages when they want and thus 'win' the game/round?
I played some of those and generally what would happen is the hostage would get killed (accidentally) before the Blufor operators even showed up. Technically, I think that's a 'no decision' match, while a win for Blufor is saving the hostage and a win for Opfor is kiling all the Blufor personnel.
Yeah I guess I was too optimistic in thinking that maybe the Opfor can kll the hostages if they hear Blufor, for example..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah I guess I was too optimistic in thinking that maybe the Opfor can kll the hostages if they hear Blufor, for example..

What would be the point, if winning would mean killing the hostage? They could start off the round by killing it and win... not much enjoyment.

You know, it's a simulation and just like LFS, for that matter, it's about the scenario itself. People make up a leagues, practise for it, and then someone "wins" it, although there is no profit. It's not about points, stats, K/D's, assists, dogtags or whatever - just playing "game"
Quote from JazzOn :What would be the point, if winning would mean killing the hostage? They could start off the round by killing it and win... not much enjoyment.

Well that's the risk of every real life hostage rescue mission. I remember in R6: Raven Shield, you can't allow to be seen otherwise he'll scream or run to the nearest alarm and the hostages are dead wherever they are. Or going into the room with the hostages, you have a fraction of second to kill the terrorist, or stun them with the flashbang and storm the room hoping that everyone you shoot isn't a hostage.

So hoped for something like that, at least when playing against AI, with humans it wouldn't exactly work..
I could do with an ArmA3 alpha light invite for my brother if anyone has one to spare please.

EDIT: Sorted thanks.
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
Still have one invite left if anyone's interested..
Giev
Those Battlefield 4 teases are coming at the wrong time, just as i'm hyped to the Arma
With Asseto Corsa, i don't see myself dedicating to the two FPS's at the same time, so i guess i gotta choose which is more to my liking.
Starting to realise that this is maybe too serious for my taste, microphone seems to be a must and i'm not much of a talker when playing games, have no idea why, just can't seem to be bothered..
What i want to say is, that maybe realism at this level is only suited for racing/driving sims? Cause you're practically doing all the movements and have the hardware just like you would in a real car, so more realism equals more fun.. Not so sure if that's the case for first person shooters.. :/
Your choice, mate Arma III is military simulation, so yeah.. You need to be prepared and have a right hardware to experience all the excitement that the game provide.

By the way, there are some tutorials that guide the audience and help to understand how big is the difference between which runs calculations more on CPU or GPU:

1) Metro 2033 - PhysX CPU vs. GPU
2) Nvidia PhysX CPU vs GPU

Unfortunately Arma III is using PhysX calculations on CPU, instead of GPU. Dunno if the developers will optimize it for GPU's and maybe even make PhysX run on GPU.
PhysX, so you can break a lot of things in this?
Quote from seniecka :
Unfortunately Arma III is using PhysX calculations on CPU, instead of GPU. Dunno if the developers will optimize it for GPU's and maybe even make PhysX run on GPU.

Probably because PhysX can only be calculated on Nvidia GPUs, and the tend to drag performance down on older boards quite a lot when not in SLI...
Quote from Keling :PhysX, so you can break a lot of things in this?

Not much really, at least at the moment. The destruction of a building is rather simplistic and unspectacular, you can't break trees, cars only get teh generic broken wheels just liek in A2...

...but a burning car/heli looks cool xD
^
+ the people falls with ragdoll effect.
When I buy "ARMA III Alpha" from steam, will I get also full game access? Is it that easy? You pay only 24€, get alpha, beta and then also full release...? Am I missing something? Seems too easy...
Yep, it's like that. That's why i bought it, cause that price can not last that long..
It lasts exactly as long as the alpha will... As soon as beta starts, the price will go up to € 35. But a simple look at the official homepage would have told you that already...
The game is a steal at its current price, that gets you alpha beta and the full game when it comes out and so far it is lightyears ahead of ARMA2 (in my eyes). It controls MUCH better (to me) so far, and there are already a lot of mods for it, including wasteland (which is a lot like dayz) and other ARMA2 mods. The mods came over very quickly since the engine didn't change, almost everything compatible with arma2 will run on the alpha, or will be ported shortly.

I'm running it on an Athlon 64 x2 3800+ with 2GB ram and a radeon 5770 1024 card. It runs smooth, the only time it lagged was on a friends MP server that he spawned 60+ units and had the weather at dusk changing from raining to thunderstorming. I didn't feel too bad because everyone elses frames dropped as well including the host.

Right now the game isn't GPU optimized and it shows but I can still run it smooth. It helps a lot to turn off post processing stuff, also i saw that the shadow detail doesn't change much between low and high. I have not went through and min-maxed the game yet but when I did an auto-detect it threw everything on standard out of the gate. Which ran decent but not good enough me. I lowered everything and it runs great now. Considering this build is 6-7 year old mid-range build at the time, (except the video card) I'm just happy to be playing. To give you an idea of the age, the MOBO supports a max of 2GB DDR2.

Hopefully I'll be able to build a new rig soon, until then I'm running all my games just fine, not necessarily maxed out on 3 screens but I get by, and for as often as I play..it's no big deal to me. I've never been a huge "i need max latest graphics" type of person so it doesn't bother me. I've got too many other hobbies that I'd rather sink money into.

The game is definitely able to be scaled back for older/lesser machines though. If you've got anything built in the last 5 years or that takes ddr3 you should be good.

Forgot to mention I've gotta alpha lite invite as well.
Sluts: I have an invite if anyone wants it. PM Steam ID.
Beta is out.
#75 - Uke
Quote from Rappa Z :Beta is out.

Is it really? In the development or standard branch?

Yea It's not out for me.

Arma III
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG