The online racing simulator
what about irc? We don't have the man power to have a third person cover irc during the american night stint as me and ray are both racing.
Quote from Mustangman759 :what about irc? We don't have the man power to have a third person cover irc during the american night stint as me and ray are both racing.

this.
Can't think of anything else than:

1. Let the admins know you possibly cannot get a representative to the IRC; so that if your attention was needed in IRC, penalty cannot be assigned

2. Get someone who would be online at these times to be your representative. Even ask some friends from other teams if that's what you need. It's not that hard afterall.
Quote from dekojester :I will remove the Wave-around rules from the remainder of the season, effective immediately. It was really only agreed to by me orignally for the fact that it would put lead lap cars all together without the slower cars between the leaders. There will of course be nothing preventing a driver from, for example, pitting later to be between the leader and the SC so they can get waved around that way, but no more free pass as it was for the first three rounds. Plus, each round so far has had incidents directly related to the wave-around, plus it just makes the SC periods too long, for very little reward.

Looking forward to when the complainers lose almost a lap when the leader gets between them and the car ahead just before the SC Or when it's the final hour and there's a whole bunch of cars between the leader and the remaining lead lap cars.

But yes, code 80 FTW!

Quote from Mustangman759 :what about irc? We don't have the man power to have a third person cover irc during the american night stint as me and ray are both racing.

Then either a) don't do anything that requires us to talk to you or b) be in NDR teamspeak so the admins can talk to you if it's that important
Quote from boothy :

b) be in NDR teamspeak so the admins can talk to you if it's that important

Yes, that's a very good idea. I mentioned it to deko few days ago and got no answer .
Quote from boothy :Looking forward to when the complainers lose almost a lap when the leader gets between them and the car ahead just before the SC Or when it's the final hour and there's a whole bunch of cars between the leader and the remaining lead lap cars.

Another reason to scrap the sc!!
...Just throwing it out there for discussion...

is there any consideration for running the race the same way the MoE race was done last year. Allow shift + p for upside down cars and maybe make it a hefty penalty (2-3 laps). I am thinking by looking at the MoE results last year, there would have only been 17 finishers in that race as 13 shift + p at some point of the race. This is a marque race for NDR, it is a marque race for LFS as a whole, the stream will have a large audience, do we only want 1/2 the cars running at the finish?

Personally I do not mind, we ran all 24 hours without a shift +p last year, we did the 2011 16 Hour in a UFR with only one. But I am not looking forward to getting hit by some fool on lap 1.

I am not a fan of the safety car for all the above mentioned reasons (running for 10 hours, building up a lead and losing it all...and the restart madness). I think the code 80 would be difficult to implement, but this is for the admins to comment on. With the code 80, when it is all said and done, it has no effect on the outcome of the race: the leader still has his lead, the guy is still 10 seconds from getting lapped etc etc, but the admins had to do a lot of work to make sure everyone obeyed and did not gain an advantage, it feels like a lost effort to me.

...I am still fairly inexperienced at this, i know what code 80 is, i have not really seen it at work, i have never seen it in LFS so if I am talking out of my ass, let me know. Just trying to contribute to the discussion
don't start making new rules for this round. This is just going to make it more complex.

I AGREE with deko for removing the wave arounds, but adding more rules will just be chaos.
Quote from boothy :Looking forward to when the complainers lose almost a lap when the leader gets between them and the car ahead just before the SC Or when it's the final hour and there's a whole bunch of cars between the leader and the remaining lead lap cars.

This.
Quote from jmeade :With the code 80, when it is all said and done, it has no effect on the outcome of the race: the leader still has his lead, the guy is still 10 seconds from getting lapped etc etc

The huge impact Code-80 would have are pitstops. So if someone comes to pits just before Code-80 he looses tons of time compared to the cars coming in during a Code-80, which only loose the time of the pitstop, especially with the shorter length of the Kyoto GP pitlane compared to the track. You'd have to create rules how you adjust these two pitting situations to one another.

And although I must admit Code-80 or 60 or 40 are great rules for reallife racing, especially on the amateur levels, it is more ridiculous to have then a SafetyCar in SimRacing in general and LFS especially.
I will be applying a server password to the server starting sometime in the overnight hours of Friday, 8 February to Saturday 9 February.

It will be posted in the OP of this thread, as well as PMd to all currently known team managers.

It will be their responsibility to inform the drivers in their team of the password, or that it can be found in the OP of this thread.

It will be active on the primary server at all times except for Qualifying and the Race, which will have its own password, and it will be active on the PreQ server when it is open for practice after preQualifying.

GT1WS 2013: Welcome and General Discussion / Server Info
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG