The online racing simulator
built-in Voice chat in LFS
(36 posts, started )

Poll : Do you think LFS should have it's own built-in voice chat function?

yes
no
idk it shows the general gist of waves

like it tells you every syllable the wave goes up, the louder the more it goes up..you could hear the syllables and match it to each person. like if you bring up connections it will have it next to your name, the noise you are bringing in.
That's making LFS calculate to much, A simple mute button would work fine for this.
well if you are having a bunch of people talking, and one person is going crazy yelling everything and doing nothing to help actual racing or something, how would an admin know who was doing it?
How about an option in the F12 menu or something similar to enable/disable voice chat?
Quote from logitekg25 :well if you are having a bunch of people talking, and one person is going crazy yelling everything and doing nothing to help actual racing or something, how would an admin know who was doing it?

Look at the way ventrillo works, 9000 people can be talking and all 9000 people have a mute button, If the voice icon is lit (Basically I think that's just "If Voice_on = 1 Light = 1" Or something simple) Then you click mute, Not a word can be heard from that person after that. Not to mention some servers can just have it disabled, Like cars, Don't want the XRT, Check, Don't want voice, Check.

Very simple stuff.

To further it even, If you wanted to add it, Add something about your voice options under options in your game, So users can disable it if they have low bandwidth, And have mute options in the connections list. Seems possible, But I don't know if a sim needs all that.
i guess that would work, and it isnt hard on lfs..so that might be best
Screw it make LFS add it because you see that anyone have no one to thalk, when typing and driving is illegal and screw the bad words I am a messenger ;p
Quote from MASTAFLOW76 :Screw it make LFS add it because you see that anyone have no one to thalk, when typing and driving is illegal and screw the bad words I am a messenger ;p

Make? haha it is to laugh.

Buy the full liscenced product before you begin to stamp your little foot at the dev crew.

Oh, and don't confuse real world laws with virtuality.
Quote from MASTAFLOW76 :... and screw the bad words I am a messenger ;p

I know this is an old thread but...

Best. Comment. Ever. LMAO
Well sorry for bumping an old thread, but I think voice chat can be a good idea for LFS. I know we have macros which makes it possible to send a few pre-made messages without having to type while driving, but that's where it stops. For saying something "advanced" you need to stop your car and type, or risk driving into others while typing, and the final message will just be jibberish no one can read.

I'm pretty sure someone disagrees for different reasons. Some people don't like their voice and less do they want others to hear it. (my voice sucks too, lol) And trolls and such, if you mute them or kick them, they won't be a bother. And server admins can always chose to disable voice chat if they're afraid of bandwidth, and clients with little bandwidth can probably disable voice at their pc, and then the server will not send voice packages to that client.

I think the biggest problem is implementing it into the game. Lots of lines with code probably needs to be added for insim to support voice and who knows how big the job will be? The devs will maybe look at it after the new tire physics.

Sorry if some sentences of words are nonsense. Using my phone with a keyboard that likes to spit out nonsense sometimes.
Quote from delis :I wonder... when you connect in public server full of racers and MOST of them are talking! How do you think to understand anything? Don't think about that someone connects to server and start talking sh*t... I think this is bad idea!

This could easily be circumvented with a mute function. Simply select the user that is mic spamming and press "mute".

EDIT: I believe that the only reason that there isn't much conversation in LFS to begin with is because of the lack of an easy chatting system.

built-in Voice chat in LFS
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG