The online racing simulator
Medal Of Honor: Warfighter
(28 posts, started )
Hey guys, I don't know if you heard it or not, but MOH:W got released couple of days ago and I bought it, it seems that is really improved from the previous MOH. Here is the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aiLV4VW8FU
If you have the game discuss, maybe later on ill post some gameplay
I've started playing the SP this week and I had the sound up because of the cutscenes that were kinda silent. When the first missions started with the huge explosions in the harbor started... it was a blas, seriously.

Thanks to Frostbite 2 the feel of the game, the look and the sound is just phenominal...
#3 - Krane
That video is bullshit IMO. If you judge games on people like him you won't play anything.
While I do agree with everything he says, he needs to realize that games like CoD and MoH are really geared towards either casual gamers and young teenagers, neither of which cares about anything he wants from the game. In fact, I'd say they like the linear cinematics and most of the other stuff he hates.
I skipped through it today on YT, looked pretty generic apart from few wheeled missions, which looked like great fun. It seems fecking short too.
Quote from Rappa Z :While I do agree with everything he says, he needs to realize that games like CoD and MoH are really geared towards either casual gamers and young teenagers, neither of which cares about anything he wants from the game. In fact, I'd say they like the linear cinematics and most of the other stuff he hates.

Sadly this applies to pretty much any art-form. 90% of it is marketed towards people who actually couldn't give two shits about the medium.
#8 - JJ72
Quote from Crashgate3 :Sadly this applies to pretty much any art-form. 90% of it is marketed towards people who actually couldn't give two shits about the medium.

You took the word out of my mouth!

You can't criticize companies for making games that clearly has an audience. But it doesn't justify a bad game and make it good - we can just accept the majority of consumers are casuals and if you care about a particular art form you will have to swallow it, and encourage innovation by your own wallet.

And I am sure everyone complaining must in some area be a casual consumer themselves, and understand why people would just want something simple and not care about how avant-garde it is, like when you go out and buy a T-shirt from H&M or running shoes from Adidas.
#9 - JJ72
Quote from Bose321 :That video is bullshit IMO. If you judge games on people like him you won't play anything.

Actually most of his reviews are on the positive side, and few on youtube can articulate a point better than TB.

More surprising to me is mainstream reviews giving this a thumbs-down but in the same time giving MW3 very high scores? it is essentially the same thing.
Quote from JJ72 :
More surprising to me is mainstream reviews giving this a thumbs-down but in the same time giving MW3 very high scores? it is essentially the same thing.

THAT is what I thought... it doesn't re-invent the wheel so we give it a 4.0. But that not a single shooter in the last 5 years change anything significantly is totaly ignored.

(a 6 or 7 would be more reasonable but because of THAT reason a 4.0?!!!!)
Yeah a 4 is bullcrap.

I bet CoD will get 9's an 10's.

I agree the game is the same old same old modern FPS, but it's great fun still IMO.
The game is not bad. LOVED THE SOUND AND THE GUN MECHANICS. It's one of the things I loved the most about the old MoH. IMO the gun sound of the first MoH is very underrated. And the sound for this new game is even better. The recoil and shooting is one of the best I have ever played in any FPS.

BUT, what let it down is the story. The first one wasn't terrible, it wasn't great, but it did have one or two missions that were great. (the one with the team trapped at the foot of a hill only be saved by two apaches at the end especially. I still remember finishing that mission and I was like "holy crap I felt like I was there. That was so much fun). This new game however, I don't even remember a single memorable mission of it. It was just three hours (yes it is that short) of "meh". The whole story is pretty confusing anyway.

Been playing MP for a bit today. It's not bad. Reminds me a lot of COD though. Not sure if that's a good thing. But it's not bad so far. Will have to play more to make up my mind though.

Seriously though, the gun mechanics is AWESOME. Why can't they have that in BF3?
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Seriously though, the gun mechanics is AWESOME. Why can't they have that in BF3?

You mean the zooming with and different lenses on some guns? That's awesome indeed.

I think they don't have it because in BF3 you have the option to unlock things on your gun that would maybe become absolute with that. But I agree that it's awesome and that BF3 would be even more awesome with it.
I ignored all the comments on top, so far I had a great time in multiplayer altho the video in the comments above me about the campaign is pretty stupid to me, I think the campaign is been preety awesome as a story line..
Quote from Bose321 :You mean the zooming with and different lenses on some guns? That's awesome indeed.

I think they don't have it because in BF3 you have the option to unlock things on your gun that would maybe become absolute with that. But I agree that it's awesome and that BF3 would be even more awesome with it.

The optics are okay. One complain I have are the reticle are often too big. So I just go with the red dot.

But what I meant is the recoil. Every gun handle very differently. And you definitely can't just hold down the trigger like you do in many games. It actually requires some skills and control. Reminds me a little of CS actually in terms of trigger control.

Been playing a bit more of the MP, loved it so far aside from the occasional glitch where you spawn out of the map.
So how exactly did it get a 4.0 yet Generic Manshooter MCXVIXCM get a 9?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :So how exactly did it get a 4.0 yet Generic Manshooter MCXVIXCM get a 9?

They probably sat there and played that Generic Manshooter and said "Holy Balls this is horrible," but those kind of reviews don't get you exclusive early access and review opportunities when the next Generic Manshooter comes out.

When 90% of the audience buys their game off brand name rather than actual experience, you'd rather have the inside link to the more popular Manshooter, wouldn't you?
It really is amazing how corrupt the whole system is.
It's not the best game ever, but it's definitely worth more than a 4.0. It should get a 7.0 at least.
No, a 4.0-4.5 is just right for it. It is bland and dull and uninspiring. It tries to be something it isn't, the gameplay is stupid (walk five meters to the left to get cover and leave the combat zone for instance), it is completely on rails with no room for player choice at all, oh sure you can use different weapons, but that isn't exactly choice is it? Regenerating health....oh hey, let's jump on the easy game bandwagon!

The graphics look okay, they are not amazing, but okay, they seem to have a muddy brown that all modern shooters have.
Graphics are okay? Did you play it on a xbox or something?
a few vids after -> what's the difference between this and COD?
Quote from Bose321 :Graphics are okay? Did you play it on a xbox or something?

No, I played it on PC and it looks just like COD and every other modern shooter out there.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :No, I played it on PC and it looks just like COD and every other modern shooter out there.

It looks much better compared to COD, frostbite engine is a piece of art if you ask me.
The gameplay, well I got bored of it after playing 2 campaign missions.

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG