The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Me neither. Let's be friends?
FPS is fine here at 2560x1600. Surprised actually.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :
Come drive to Croatia where roads are so tight so I must wait for truck to pass one part of road because barely two mid sized cars can pass over.

But that happens here too
The only good thing about norwegin roads are that they are built to withstand strong forces, even tho they are small.
Quote from Bose321 :nice set of lights on top that don't work either.

Press F4 to bring up the light settings panel, then tick the two lower boxes. You can also change the brightness of the dashboard lights on this panel too.
It may just want a lot of video ram as on a 6570 with lights and mirrors its fine, it is the 2 gig version tho

This wrong side of the road thing is a pain, and intersections are a nightmare, how do u look left and right?

Fun game thanks, did you know that you can roll it back from 90 degrees and keep driving?

And when you use the gravel to dive up the inside there is some feedback.

Although I just may have the wrong approach to racing these things !
Quote from Xaid0n :Press F4 to bring up the light settings panel, then tick the two lower boxes. You can also change the brightness of the dashboard lights on this panel too.

Thanks for that. I'll try that later today. Do you actually see more wit hthose lights turned on?

My FPS is dropping a lot once I go to step 1 of my lights (when the dashboard turns on but you can't see your lights outside yet untill step 2)...
Tried this, first of all it feels AWESOME.

But after about 2 minutes of motorway driving, I was racing the other traffic and it took me about a further two minutes before I felt obliged to see what would happen if I went straight on at a corner.

It just feels really alien, not going as fast as you possibly can, all the time.
Quote from Bose321 :Thanks for that. I'll try that later today. Do you actually see more wit hthose lights turned on?

My FPS is dropping a lot once I go to step 1 of my lights (when the dashboard turns on but you can't see your lights outside yet untill step 2)...

You can see a lot more with them on, the more lights the better. It turns night into day (quite literally).

Those with frame rate problems, have you tried using directx mode or opengl? (Start > All Programs > Euro Truck Sim 2 > Troubleshooting)
Quote from Crashgate3 :Tried this, first of all it feels AWESOME.

But after about 2 minutes of motorway driving, I was racing the other traffic and it took me about a further two minutes before I felt obliged to see what would happen if I went straight on at a corner.

It just feels really alien, not going as fast as you possibly can, all the time.

I was blasting yesterday, overtaking like crazy, there's a mod to unblock the speed limit of 90kph, this site has plenty of them, i recommend that one.

http://www.ets2-mods.com/

You just put those .scs files in my documents/ets2/mod
Yea, that mod is fun. Highspeed cruise at 170km/h is quite mad
Attached images
ets2_00002.png
I'm actually shocked at how much I like this game. I get all immersed and everything

Hired two drivers now after an initial €500.000 investement. Had to fire one guy because he was losing money every single day. Invested into the hazardous substances transportation (and level 3 long distance) for my own driver and I can make up to ~30k per job now. It's... oddly addictive, especially with the radio on!

Although the world is tiny in relation to reality I'm amazed at the amount of detail. Toll roads in France, speed camera's, road works and roundabouts in the UK, and even the wildlife crossings in the east of the Netherlands are present. Curious what other things I'll find whilst touring through Europe.
I'm highly immersed as well.
One thing i find dissapointing is, in two lane highways, the second lane gets disconnected for an exit, isn't it common in pretty much the whole world that there's a separate, third lane for a highway exit?
Also they could've made a subtle sound of vehicles passing by you at high speeds..
Yeah, some of the road infrastructure is a bit off. When getting on a motorway the lane is about 20m long. In the Netherlands these are often at least 250m long. The few accidents I've had in this sim originated from me banging into a stopping car

Right of way at roundabouts also strike me as odd. Isn't it so that once you're on the roundabout, everyone has to basically stop? Multiple times I've had to dodge cars that forced themselves onto my lane. Perhaps the rules are different in other countries
Quote from Jertje :Yeah, some of the road infrastructure is a bit off. When getting on a motorway the lane is about 20m long. In the Netherlands these are often at least 250m long. The few accidents I've had in this sim originated from me banging into a stopping car

Right of way at roundabouts also strike me as odd. Isn't it so that once you're on the roundabout, everyone has to basically stop? Multiple times I've had to dodge cars that forced themselves onto my lane. Perhaps the rules are different in other countries

Or maybe the game have understanded that humans are greedy ****s and then programmet the AI that way?
Quote from Jertje :Yeah, some of the road infrastructure is a bit off. When getting on a motorway the lane is about 20m long. In the Netherlands these are often at least 250m long. The few accidents I've had in this sim originated from me banging into a stopping car

Also, the traffic lights don't work like they should, in some countries.
Roads look nothing like UK roads when in the UK... same issues as the old ETC.....
Hm, just did the physics update (with removed limiter).

50% damage in 1 trip, 5000 lost on speed checks and ramming cars.

still, 15K profit.

Also, damaging your truck makes you lose gears, I now have no 11th and 12th gear.
And the engine malfunctions sometimes.

Awesome.
What physics update?
This: http://www.ets2-mods.com/other ... -realistic-physics-mod-v1

The guy is right. This update is right imo.

Quote :"I am a BETA-tester for ETS2 and have been testing the game extensively before its release. During testing, I noticed that the simulated brakes, suspension and gearbox ratios were unrealistic and sought relay this to the development team. However, my comments were met with mixed responses. Hence I decided to create a mod that would resolve the above-mentioned problems as I was powerless and unsuccessful in pushing for changes to the retail version of the game.

In this mod, I have extensively tweaked the suspension and damping settings which I felt were highly unrealistic. They were extremely stiff, had almost no suspension travel and was excessively over-damped. My mod aims to replicate something closer to real life. I have also reduced the braking power as the default ones are extremely sharp which are unlike that of real trucks.

The biggest change I have made is to correct the wrong gear ratios used by the developers. The developers have decided to use Scania's gear ratios across the board but this was further marred by the fact that the gear ratios used on the Scania were wrong in the first place as they were from the G-series trucks and not the R-series portrayed in the game. As such, I have done extensive research on the individual gearboxes for the trucks and have changed the ratios for both forward and reverse gears, as well as the final drive ratio. It was interesting to note that Volvos and Renaults shared the same I-Shift gearbox, while MAN, Iveco and DAF are all using ZF AS-Tronic gearboxes. Scania used their own Opticruise while Mercedes uses their own Powershift (G281).

The mod also removes the 90km/h limiter.

I hope you guys enjoy the mod and give me some comments. Please take note that there might be a bug where the cab will rock forwards and backwards uncontrollably due to the mod. This is a bug with the game engine and cannot be solved by me. I've already submitted a bug report to the developers concerning this issue."

I was a little sceptical at first but I'll just go give it a try.
Just tested it a bit, yeah it's alright, trailer moves much more now on turns etc..
This game has to be the best simulator SCS Software has made like ever!

i enjoy the driving soo much i can't seem to get off the game, the physics are 100% better than the previous you can actually leave the motorway at normal speeds and not jackknife as i found out in previous versions, the roads are much smoother and not as many extremely sharp corners that you can't take at an average speed.

All in all they did great on this one

Level 10 already
Is there any way to progress quicker in the game, or just drive?

I got my own truck and first garage, but getting up sounds like it will take a long time?
-
(Stefani24) DELETED by Stefani24 : Should've read the above posts first...stupid me
Quote from Bose321 :Is there any way to progress quicker in the game, or just drive?

I got my own truck and first garage, but getting up sounds like it will take a long time?

You can expand your garage for one more truck, and hire a driver. I still drive my own cheap IVECO, loaned 100 grand from the bank, gonna pay that off and save for a better truck, then eventually i'll build a bigger garage and hire someone.
My game said the garage I have now only has place for one driver.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG