The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Quote from John5200 :MP PIC (was big^^)
http://youtu.be/aVaMBZpJKDU
FFFFUUUUU...... closed test (daily builds only)

(the most interesting post was something like, "we don't want to anoy the others, the test is only to get the biggest issues out before the hole load goes out, it will be available a few days after the test" so I guess everyone will have MP with the junior patch at friday... so so exited

Ugh, that's horrible. And I'm not talking about the lags now.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Ugh, that's horrible. And I'm not talking about the lags now.

Care to elaborate? Do you realise this is pre-alpha footage and not something you can compare to a finished game?
Quote from Bose321 :Care to elaborate? Do you realise this is pre-alpha footage and not something you can compare to a finished game?

So no one can comment negatively until the game is finished? Töki was clearly stating how the game looks in it's current state, and I totally agree with him on that. Currently it's nothing but "NFS Shift: C.A.R.S Edition" when it comes to physics and vehicle dynamics.
Quote from Matrixi :So no one can comment negatively until the game is finished? Töki was clearly stating how the game looks in it's current state, and I totally agree with him on that. Currently it's nothing but "NFS Shift: C.A.R.S Edition" when it comes to physics and vehicle dynamics.

Exactly.

I don't even know why it needs explanation... Some people are just blind.
Quote from Matrixi :So no one can comment negatively until the game is finished? Töki was clearly stating how the game looks in it's current state, and I totally agree with him on that. Currently it's nothing but "NFS Shift: C.A.R.S Edition" when it comes to physics and vehicle dynamics.

Not completely, but just saying it's shit while it's in an early stage of development does not make any sense. They're obviously not going to ship the game with the multiplayer in this stage. It's just a proof of concept.
Or how about, once it comes out of arcade mode people will take it more seriously? Right now it is a complete joke.
Quote from Bose321 :Not completely, but just saying it's shit while it's in an early stage of development does not make any sense. They're obviously not going to ship the game with the multiplayer in this stage. It's just a proof of concept.

Read my post again because you clearly didn't understand...Who cares about the beta MP? Matrixi summed it up correctly.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
Read my post again because you clearly didn't understand...Who cares about the beta MP? Matrixi summed it up correctly.

Same to you.

What's the use of criticising a pre-alpha build? No shit it's not great right now, they're in an early stage...
Quote from Bose321 :Same to you.

What's the use of criticising a pre-alpha build?

I have an opinion, I don't care in what stage it is in. I have eyes, and I can clearly see it sucks, simply by watching videos, you know. It's not my problem that you don't like what I think.

Keep telling yourself it's a great simulator. Seriously, you're protecting this arcade game like they're paying you to do so. Or do you get a free sub to test with your Fanatic, ooo errr Fanatec stuff?

CARS is a good mix in my eyes. It's not very sim-ish, but at same time it's not as bad as the usually arcade games.
It's good entertaining and worths it's money, what more is there to argue?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Keep telling yourself it's a great simulator. Seriously, you're protecting this arcade game like they're paying you to do so. Or do you get a free sub to test with your Fanatic, ooo errr Fanatec stuff?

Wait, what? I didn't say that anywhere. I don't like the physics that much as well, but It's just entertainable as an arcade racer.

Do you really have to bring up Fanatec again? What's up with that? Are you jealous you're stuck on your Logicrap, ooo errr Logitech stuff?

Quote from Bose321 :
What's the use of criticising a pre-alpha build? ...

Because we can give them our feedback, that's why the pre-alpha is available for the public.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Because we can give them our feedback, that's why the pre-alpha is available for the public.

Yes, but saying "it's shit" or "it looks horrible" is not giving feedback. Especially when you say it on a place like this where no developers from WMD look.
Quote from Bose321 :...saying "it's shit" or "it looks horrible" is not giving feedback...

A negative feedback, and not very precise, but a feedback at the end...

Well I guess he's just sharing his opinion with us... we can take it or not, we can share it or not, but I don't see anything wrong with it
Quote from Bose321 :
Do you really have to bring up Fanatec again? What's up with that? Are you jealous you're stuck on your Logicrap, ooo errr Logitech stuff?

Jealousy... The traditional retarded cutback. Surely I am jealous... My mate is sending his 3rd clubsport pedals back in 6th months. I want to be a part of it, I like jokes but it's a bad one.

/off

NitroNitrous +1
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Jealousy... The traditional retarded cutback. Surely I am jealous... My mate is sending his 3rd clubsport pedals back in 6th months. I want to be a part of it, I like jokes but it's a bad one.

/off

NitroNitrous +1

That's his problem. I had zero problems in 4 years.

But yeah sure, Logitech and other brands have ZERO problems with their wheels.
Of course. Just mentioned, none of them are better than the other. They're equally crap.

And now I think it's enough.
I thought i was in inevitable picture thread for a second..
full members have access to multiplayer now
Big week for pCars,multiplayer is nearly here for everyone but today,we can start testing an early build with the new tyre model,the build forum will tell you all about it
Tango
Well i read the forum threads and gave it a test,but every car has the same tyres as the formula A car and those rear tyres have the same width as the fronts,so all 4 tyres are the same so its impossible to give any constructive feedback as its a very early release but as usual,the pCars forums are full of people raving about it,oh well at least we have seen some progress regarding the update of the PC`s tyre model.
Tango
lol that must be why ian was saying "i cant believe you released it this early" or something like that.
Quote from Gabkicks :lol that must be why ian was saying "i cant believe you released it this early" or something like that.

That was about the "(If you think it's a bad idea to release this early then that's fine, but please don't derail this thread with that opinion!)" part from the first post

Well the mp video i posted obviosly show a very early WIP car with placeholder physics.

Also about the new STM physics. Try this: Drive few laps with the Audi A4 DTM on Connecticut Hill with the old tire model and with the new tire model. (At least for me) The new tire model actually feels like you are sitting in a high HP car that you have to work with rather then the masive grip in the back and the unlimited understeer thing before.

For me it defenitely seems like a step in the right direction.

(I would especialy love to see the new physics set up for the Caterham R500, but.... well ATM it gives some unexpcted rusults.... Seems like the R500 isn't made for FA tires )

Again: I don't see it as a full hardcore sim ATM but it defenitely souldn't be viewed anywhere close to NFS Shift (But it seems that the new tire physics might push it quite a bit into the sim side)
http://forum.wmdportal.com/sho ... amp;viewfull=1#post268414 aaah okay

All of the cars use formula A tires if you set it to -seta. Sofar, i've only tried the Formula A. I need to do more laps and then switch back to normal tires, but sofar, it feels a bi more prone to sliding from getting on the power too early or shifting too much weight off the rear tires while lifting off. I havent gotten comfortable enough to try to steer the car with throttle or anything yet.
From pCars forum: Known Issues

Quote :1. Per car tyres not implemented yet - only Formula A has proper tyres so far.
2. FFB defaults need refining for new model.
3. AI control at the start of time trials is buggy and usually causes a (car) crash.
4. Odd collision behaviour with some kerbs, sometimes causing a "warp" effect.
5. Violent FFB oscillation at the start of a session when car is at a standstill (not a problem when the car is stationary after then though oddly).
6. Existing setups will need reworking to suit the new tyres, things like diff and brake setup are directly affected.
7. Tyre temperature and wear modelling not finished yet.
8. Some odd/unpredictable behaviour at very low speeds (actually, when there is no aero grip). EDIT: this is at least partly influenced by bug 10 below.
9. End of race assert/crash in MP in STM mode.
10. The FA rear tyres are currently the same size as the front, causing an obvious inbalance - the default FA setup has been adjusted somewhat to compensate for this, but it still won't be enough. This bug will be fixed a.s.a.p.

Kinda bummed that I'm currently without wheel and unable to test latest build (temp' house relocation), but consoled by the likelihood that this will all take a while to iron out.

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG