The online racing simulator
NDR LX Challenge
Based on the Caterham Superlight R300 championship, the NDR LX Challenge uses the LX6 but adapted with a semi-fixed seup to meet the technical regulations of the real life series.

Improvements behind the scenes have made it quicker for admins to check setups meet the regulations, meaning qualifying and race action is scheduled to take just over 90 mins. The format includes six different tracks over five 30 minute double headers events and a final 60 minute race for drivers to tackle.

Plans are being made for the series to commence in November with races on a Sunday evening.

For more information on setup restrictions and rules, please see the LX Challenge google doc. The Caterham Superlight R300 regulations are also available as a reference.

We are looking for suggestions or feedback regarding the format or semi-fixed setup - I have attached a DaveWS' BL1 setup with the fixed elements applied, so please have a try of the car and adjust the setup to your liking.

Other Setups:

Ramla's BL1R Setup
Attached files
LX6_BL1_DaveW_LXC.set - 132 B - 1211 views
#2 - Bean0
I'm just seeing a blank document on google docs.
Fixed :doh:
#4 - Bean0
You still have an extra h

Edit: Not now
I fixed the bonus h for him ^^
Looks cool, but excuse me for asking why not just use the lax4?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Looks cool, but excuse me for asking why not just use the lax4?

I'm guessing that they want to match the Caterham as closely as possible and LX4 simply isn't powerful enough.
Yeah it allows us to make it 175bhp/630kg with the driver to reflect the real life series, and it does tame the LX6 a bit. Other Caterham series use 125bhp or less, 610kg, 5 speed with an open diff and different technical regs so this one was easiest to do.
Sounds real nice to be honest. Maybe an idea for the procedure, how about fixing the setup for qualifying and race, so this setup-sending marathon just has to be done once before qualifying and for any server rejoin. Anyone who Shift-S/-P between the sessions will automatically being sent to the back of the grid (equiv. old DTM where everyone who refueled or who switched to the T-Car had to start from the back). That way it reduces the number of checks the admins have to do. Remembering the Formula Junior where I helped admining once, the less checks the better it is. Also it would give the qualifying a special spice as everyone has to do it with race fuel.

By the way, can we see setup changes in general or in detail? (just asking to prevent the missusage of pitlane setup change possibilities)
I'm not sure if you read the doc or not?

The qualifying procedure explains sending sets. Each setup would not be checked in game, instead it is outside the game and only checks the requirements that are listed in the doc. We don't see any other values so no information would be "let out" to others.

The race procedure also has a send set deal, but that might not be the case if its done in qualifying and no one is allowed to pit.

And I have no idea what you mean about setups in general or detail. Pitting also isn't allowed as its labeled in the doc. If people pit during the race the advantage wouldn't counter the amount of time lost in the pits.
Should've posted earlier to ease the confusion

Pit work can be checked via insim to see if any changes have been made.

As for not allowing drivers to shift+p/s after each session, like you say it means no setup changes after they join for qualifying - when of course they can make them in real life. I suppose it's a decision between no setup changes versus the time taken to do the setup checking - I think it would be best to allow people to adjust their setup.

Will probably do a test a week or so before the first race.
It sounds good until you have to start sending setups. There must be some sort of insim you can use so that drivers don't have to start sending their setups to the admins, if you take time to make setup and then start sending it about before you know everybody has your setup and its uploaded to setupgrid.net saying Mr.Blobby has made it
Insim reports restrictions, tyre compound and whether they are symmetrical or not - if we could check setups with insim we definitely would be doing so! Not sure why myself or any of the other admins would do what you're suggesting if we wanted to actually have people do these races...
Quote from kart-36 :It sounds good until you have to start sending setups. There must be some sort of insim you can use so that drivers don't have to start sending their setups to the admins

No there isn't.

The problem is that even though you can automate sending the setup it would have to be outside the game. End result would be a system where you could quite blatantly cheat since you couldn't tell what setup lfs is actually using and what has been uploaded.

Secondly you can't automate saving setups from the admin end - you can't send the setup to a lfs server so it would have to be a local insim app an admin runs. But again, insim can't make your lfs save a setup.

In terms of if the setup comparison could be automated, sure why not. They're just files in the end and easily readable.

Sorry if my rant is nonsensical.
Quote from kart-36 :It sounds good until you have to start sending setups. There must be some sort of insim you can use so that drivers don't have to start sending their setups to the admins, if you take time to make setup and then start sending it about before you know everybody has your setup and its uploaded to setupgrid.net saying Mr.Blobby has made it

I'd broadcast the process if I was an admin, and you'd see me deleting the sets after it goes through the script (which shows none of the personal values). Only thing that would be seen from a setup is the name (we would name it your car number), and then if it passes tech or not. We would need to delete them afterwards anyways to not have duplicates.
so what is happen with this? round 1 already did happen
Quote from Franky.S :so what is happen with this? round 1 already did happen

For the record, we found it hard to make a reasonable schedule for the originally planned time, so we will work to get it in sometime soon.
Post so that I get subscribed and notified of any updates to this league
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Post so that I get subscribed and notified of any updates to this league

You know you could also just click on "thread tools" -> "subscribe"
Quote from dekojester :For the record, we found it hard to make a reasonable schedule for the originally planned time, so we will work to get it in sometime soon.

thanks
Quote from hyntty :You know you could also just click on "thread tools" -> "subscribe"

My way also indicates to deko that another person is interested in LX challenge. It's a win-win. NDR knows more people wanna drive it and I get notifications.
I want to schedule this thing in my calendar. Giev!
Posting for subscriptionz
If this goes ahead, I think that it will be a really good series.
:bump:

So I think I'll actually give this series a start for real this time, sometime later September / Early October when some currently in-progress leagues finish and free up Sunday afternoons.

There is a server up that you can use to try out the car: NDR.LX Challenge

Be sure to use a setup that conforms to the technical regulations in the Google Doc; it would be nice to get a few good setups that can be public so people can basically pick up & go for this series.

It would also benefit me if you would indicate your interest in this series by replying here. And also help spread the word! I'll look into dates in the next few days.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG