(21 posts, closed, started )
about that last update
that last suck it ruin the game,
gause not all servers have done that update,
and the servers that did are mostly empty now,
like cargame those server were always full,
since that stupid update they are empty!! :S

dnot know how to say it in english so i do it in dutch

scawen maak het zo dat iedereen die update moet installeren server host en spelers, zoals het nu is verknal je een leuke race game

mvg Michelle
#2 - J@tko
Do what I did and save a copy of 0.6B exe so you can play either version?
Quote from J@tko :Do what I did and save a copy of 0.6B exe so you can play either version?

i did but the update ruined my backup,
dont know how gause i saved it on extern hard drive :S

mja its easy to fix, let every one update, no update no game orsomething like that

and ye ye ye my english sucks :P
#4 - J@tko
Well one thing you could do is start over - download a fresh version from lfs.net, rename the .exe to something else then patch it with the test patch
Quote from J@tko :Well one thing you could do is start over - download a fresh version from lfs.net, rename the .exe to something else then patch it with the test patch

start over? are you nuts? :P

lfs comes wiht a update so i update my game, and result is 5servers in serverlist!
like i sait let every update there game, no update no game,, now its ohterway you update and no game,(nja you have the game but almost no servers)
You have to be aware that it's still a TEST patch, not an official patch. And it clearly says it's incompatible.

It may not be good that one of the big servers migrated to the test patch, but on the other hand, it's the only way to test the patch and find possible bugs.
#7 - J@tko
Quote from JosTheBoss! :start over? are you nuts? :P

lfs comes wiht a update so i update my game, and result is 5servers in serverlist!
like i sait let every update there game, no update no game,, now its ohterway you update and no game,(nja you have the game but almost no servers)

Well you can just copy and paste your skins and setups over? And anyway eventually everyone will get the patch anyway
Have you failed to notice the word TEST in front of the word PATCH? You are not supposed to install the patch unless you're prepared to deal with problems. Most servers will update once the final version out.
Quote from Flame CZE :You have to be aware that it's still a TEST patch, not an official patch. And it clearly says it's incompatible.

It may not be good that one of the big servers migrated to the test patch, but on the other hand, it's the only way to test the patch and find possible bugs.

aha ok,
so over lets say 5years this testpatch is finshed and ready for use?
Quote from JosTheBoss! :aha ok,
so over lets say 5years this testpatch is finshed and ready for use?

More like in a few days / weeks if everything works fine, in my opinion.
Quote from JosTheBoss! :gause not all servers have done that update,
and the servers that did are mostly empty now,
like cargame those server were always full,
since that stupid update they are empty!! :S

No one forced them to upgrade their server.

They could've stayed on the latest stable patch(0.6 B) if they wanted to.

If you want to blame someone, blame cargame, for not realising that their fanbase is too mentally challenged to deal with test patches accordingly.

(no hard feelings cargame, kudos to you for helping the devs with the testing process, even if it means losing a few players for a little while)
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :No one forced them to upgrade their server.

They could've stayed on the latest stable patch(0.6 B) if they wanted to.

If you want to blame someone, blame cargame, for not realising that their fanbase is too mentally challenged to deal with test patches accordingly.

(no hard feelings cargame, kudos to you for helping the devs with the testing process, even if it means losing a few players for a little while)

Dave will get spanked for it dont wurry :uglyhamme
The Crashgame S1 server has been pretty busy recently now that the S2 server is using a test patch. Maybe you could race on there in the meantime ?
JosTheBoss, you obviously have no idea what TEST patch is. Since the patch is not final, people won't update their hosts until it's bug-free. Hence you can't find much servers using the latest test patch.
Quote from JosTheBoss! :Dave will get spanked for it dont wurry

Now it gets interesting

But yeah, its 'my fault'. Last year it was the other way around and I was pissed that half the community was suddenly on a test patch and f* everything up.

Btw, WKD cruise is also on this test patch and has most of the time more drivers online and there is a popular drifter server too. So what actually is the problem?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :JosTheBoss, you obviously have no idea what TEST patch is. Since the patch is not final, people won't update their hosts until it's bug-free. Hence you can't find much servers using the latest test patch.

rofl i did not even now it was test patch
i started lfs and hat no favo servers only cg s1 was in serverlist,
so i ask dave wat the problem was he only sait server update not a word of a test patch.
Quote from cargame.nl :Now it gets interesting

But yeah, its 'my fault'. Last year it was the other way around and I was pissed that half the community was suddenly on a test patch and f* everything up.

Btw, WKD cruise is also on this test patch and has most of the time more drivers online and there is a popular drifter server too. So what actually is the problem?

i cant drive on AA servers and TC1
and wkd is nice and i like it, but not mutch drivers there are more admin's then drivers online :P
and cg s2 nja every time i take a look 4 a5 players are online :O
Well. Yes.

Demand certainly is a lot lower since the change last week. Actually I'm very surprised what is happening globally. You would say that some don't care, don't want to update and just start somewhere else but that isn't the case really. Lot of racers just seem to have 'vanished'. Which I do not quite understand because the global graphs are not really dropping.

What I can do is, downgrade to 0.6B4 and wait for the official release or just wait on the official release. I think everything of the current test patch has been tested fully now, I don't know what the agenda of Scawen is. He was talking about maybe another incompatibility test patch because of a better lag overview implementation. This would be really great but then the same situation will continue to exist and some big testing is still necessary.

Let me just ask then
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

lolz
clc is also on the test patch we have seen a lack of players too but if no one tested the patch the official release would be bugged or not get released so clc will always use the test patches helps the devs do more development
It is a problem but when the full version comes out there will be more players than before the test patch stage. Because we'll send out a notification email and people will come and have a go on the update.

Anyway, it's always the same, ideally test patch stages would just be a few days, but then they wouldn't be tested properly and we'd have terrible bugs in official versions.

I'll close this thread now as I think it's not needed any more.
This thread is closed

about that last update
(21 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG