The online racing simulator
what an anticlimax with that toss up........but Schumi and Kimi put on a good show, so did Bruno.
Quote from jrd.racer :Da hell? How did he manage to get himself to do that? Tweet mistake, if there is ever such a thing?

He posted a photo of the telemetry on Instagram annotated with red arrows and comments showing where he was losing time, then posted a link to it on Twitter - even racing driver excuses couldn't cover doing that as a "mistake".
I think the mistake is that he posted something he shouldn't have, not that he posted it by accident our didn't mean to.
It happens, ask Rio Ferdinand.
Quote from Bmxtwins :pitstops???

If it has been due to Webber pitting he would have lost more than just one spot.
Maybe Webber simply passed Senna after the yellow had already gone out and the team advised him to correct his position and let Senna back through in order to avoid a penalty.
Quote from sinbad :I think the mistake is that he posted something he shouldn't have, not that he posted it by accident our didn't mean to.
It happens, ask Rio Ferdinand.

I'd sack a driver for revealing data like that. You wouldn't even see that in karting. I'd even go as far as saying it could be against the law to reveal Jenson's data due to copyright/data protection issues.

It's obvious Hamilton has immense talent, I just can't quite calculate how he can make such stupid mistakes sometimes.
Yep... He stops thinking through things when he is annoyed...
On the edge of the race, we had the opportunity to talk to Mattia Binotto, head of engine and kers operations at Ferrari. The whole Interview added as podcast. (engl)
Quote from Intrepid :I'd sack a driver for revealing data like that. You wouldn't even see that in karting. I'd even go as far as saying it could be against the law to reveal Jenson's data due to copyright/data protection issues.

It's obvious Hamilton has immense talent, I just can't quite calculate how he can make such stupid mistakes sometimes.

I agree that it's a seriously dumb thing to do. I wasn't defending him, btw, quite the opposite, in fact. All I was saying is that he didn't tweet that picture accidentally, or "by mistake".
He knew what he was posting up there, but clearly didn't think about whether he should or not.....at all.

It must be, at least, a breach of contract, but Mclaren probably think it will be less disruptive to their season and the team to put it behind them.
Surely it must reflect on his employability even though he's a top driver :s I doubt it's as if he's being treated like dirt at McL, and he's still a loose cannon. It would make me wonder what he'd do to my team when he wasn't on a winning streak.
After everything Hamilton has said and done during his F1 career and you guys still believe he has the capability to think? I find that kind of weird. The guy has consistently proven that he doesn't have a brain. Fine he is fast, fine he has the ability to pass people on the track, (not going to get in to the debate of how sporting/safe half his passes have been), but evidence that he has the ability to think has been non existent.

I don't think the Vettel/Button situation was the same. Grosjean came over too fast for Hamilton to react IMO. Wasn't a lot he could have done bar deliberately drive off on to the grass which would have almost certainly resulted in him barreling in to the guys turning the corner anyway. Otherwise his only option was to try and keep pace with Grosjean until he hopefully pulled to one side. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

That said I do think that the only reason Grosjean got a ban was because of how close the result came to serious injury for Alonso. I've never been a believer in that form of punishment personally. The move was dangerous irrespective of what actually happened and should be treated as such even if a crash didn't result. i.e. such totally unavoidable circumstances should be treated harshly because of what the end result could be not what they actually were.

The person I feel most sorry for over the whole incident was Kobayashi.
Quote from Intrepid :I'd sack a driver for revealing data like that. You wouldn't even see that in karting. I'd even go as far as saying it could be against the law to reveal Jenson's data due to copyright/data protection issues.

Definitely. In any other business it would be an obvious breach of contract even if there was no explicit confidentiality clause. Confidentiality is implied in any contract within an industry where there is an obvious cause for secrecy.

Unfortunately I think it's unlikely that he wouldn't be offered a drive with another team if McLaren chose not to renew his contract. Money talks too much. He knows it too hence there is no incentive for him to change his behaviour.
Well I think they're the same.
Button may have seen him coming for longer, but that doesn't mean he would expect to be run all the way off the road, why would he? He only realises that at the very end, and has to react quickly. Why he would he wait till he was on the grass to lift, if he knew what was happening earlier? Hamilton also had a small chance to react quickly, but legitimately tried to hold his road position, as Button could have elected to.

In my opinion, if Vettel and Button collide, and take out a few other cars, Vettel would have been penalised too, maybe with a ban. (He would also have won the title that weekend, though). Perhaps that makes it look worse in my eyes. Maybe Vettel isn't so cold and calculating as that incident, in that context (Button the only driver that was still mathematically in with a chance), makes him seem.
Wouldn't be THAT surprised to be honest. Norbert loves him.

Plus its not like he is spoilt for choice... Red Bull is definitely a no-go. Ferrai? Well, Massa might be set to leave, but I doubt Luca would want Hamilton alongside Alonso. (Could be fun though).
Be interesting to have team MBM back together again.
I hope he does go to Mercedes, would love to see Di Resta at McLaren
I think it is posturing by Hamilton and he will stay at McLaren with maybe di resta to Mercedes.

Edit: Forgot, I think if LH goes to Merc then would love di resta to go to McLaren.
If he doesn't win the championship this year then he will definitely move to another team, and after that Tweet incident McLaren would probably be happy to see the back of him.
I can't see it happening though. Mercedes is a big gamble, unless Nico has said that they could come good.
Doubt Di Resta is going anywhere if Hulkenburg keeps driving like he is.
To be honest it wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is more a "push" than a jump.. I can't even start to imagine Hamilton choosing to move to an uncompetitive team. Merc have come on a way but they're still a long way from race/championship winning level and Hamilton has already proved he has no capability when it comes to developing cars so why would Merc want him? He's not good enough to start giving them wins and Merc aren't good enough to give him a drivers championship. Move makes no sense to me, unless he's being pressured to leave McLaren.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG