The online racing simulator
It depends how highly you rate Schumacher and Rosberg, because you could argue that Mercedes would be doing better if they had better drivers. Also what use is Schumacher as a development driver if he can't get used to the new regulations? He's probably been trying to get them to develop his old Ferrari instead of moving the team forward.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It depends how highly you rate Schumacher and Rosberg, because you could argue that Mercedes would be doing better if they had better drivers. Also what use is Schumacher as a development driver if he can't get used to the new regulations? He's probably been trying to get them to develop his old Ferrari instead of moving the team forward.

In my belief, it's Schumacher's development capability that's been a significant factor in the Merc's improvements over the last two seasons. I think people are over harsh on him actually. He's been out of the game for a few years, is older (and so will have slower reaction times now) and yet has still got to the point where he is at least a match for Rosberg and not many people would consider him one of the slower drivers on the grid ! Clearly Schumacher isn't the driver he used to be in terms of car control. But in terms of pure "seat of the pants" feel for the car he was one of the best ever at his peak, (there is telemetry to prove it). Granted Schumacher's not at his peak, but I believe that if he was in a McLaren he would be doing at least as well as Button and Hamilton. Button has shown clearly this and last season that Hamilton isn't the driver everybody wanted him so desperately to be. A case of Button being underrated and Hamilton overrated. I don't think that Schumacher could ever win another championship however, he just doesn't have the consistency required these days. But I don't think most people realize just how much better he was than his peers during his reign. Which I find quite amazing really. The only other comparable of dominance that springs to mind is Valentino Rossi in MotoGP and no-one questions his superiority.

Rosberg has pace and he's clearly shown that ability. His issue is that his car just isn't competitive. I think that's he's also just as good as Button or Hamilton.
The Mercedes has pretty much stagnated in terms of performance and Schumacher and Rosberg are considered 'good' development drivers. I find it funny that people say Hamilton is no good, but he presided over one of the biggest development turn-arounds ever - MP4-24.

Button is supposadly good, but the Brawn got slower in 2009 and less said about Honda the better. Alonso is supposed to be good, but the Ferrari is at a no higher level really than when he started there.

All this 'good' or 'bad' development drivers is 99% bollocks that people come out with to try and make them sound smarter.
If Hamilton Moves Lotus would be a much better Option, and with a Team with Kimi and Lewis would be strongest combo on the grid.
Quote from Mustafur :If Hamilton Moves Lotus would be a much better Option, and with a Team with Kimi and Lewis would be strongest combo on the grid.

I don't think it will really happen . . .
Practice 1 starts in ~15 mins
Quote from Intrepid :The Mercedes has pretty much stagnated in terms of performance and Schumacher and Rosberg are considered 'good' development drivers. I find it funny that people say Hamilton is no good, but he presided over one of the biggest development turn-arounds ever - MP4-24.

Button is supposadly good, but the Brawn got slower in 2009 and less said about Honda the better. Alonso is supposed to be good, but the Ferrari is at a no higher level really than when he started there.

All this 'good' or 'bad' development drivers is 99% bollocks that people come out with to try and make them sound smarter.

You do realize that being a good ''development driver'' doesn't have the same effect to the car than it had in late 90's? Nowdays driver feedback is a lot less important since you have all the possible telemetry you can imagine.

A driver has a voice in what parts feel good and in what direction they want the car to be developed. That's it. The biggest effect from a driver is seen in the first race of the year. (now compare schumacher's mercedes, 2009 Brawn and 2009 Merc)

Your Brawn example is so flawed that even you can see it but I'll still go over it. THEY HAD NO MONEY!

I agree that most of the good/bad development driver talk is crap but your explanations are completely wrong. Also having an experienced driver to tell you how the car should be is a lot more effective than having a new, inexperienced driver coming and telling you how the car should be.
Quote from Intrepid :....

I'm sure there is truth to that. I think it probably has more to do with the communication between driver and team. If they don't understand each other then any amount of driver feedback is going to be useless, no matter how accurate it may be.
Schumacher is pwning Rosberg this year, sure Rosberg has won 1 race, but he hasnt really shown anything since Bahrain. Schumi has been dominating Rosberg this year, at least in my book.

Give him a better car, and he will be winning races again...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG