The online racing simulator
I wonder if there will be a difference in terms of the stewards opinions between this Grosjean and Hamilton incident and the Vettel, Button incident at Suzuka?
Button jumped out of it, and Vettel was judged to have done nothing wrong by moving across. Grosjean does little different from what Vettel did, except Hamilton didn't give way so crunch.
Interesting thought Sinbad. Moving right across was proven to be fine, as the following driver has the choice of lifting or not. As the stewards lack consistency, one has to assume that Grosjean will get a penalty.

What about the Vettel/Schumacher penalty - neither driver did ANYTHING wrong, so will both of them get a penalty?
#103 - CSF
Yeah, can't understand why that's under investigation, but the start isn't...

Perez got a penalty in Monaco for chopping across Kimi, so I wouldn't rule it out......
Quote from sinbad :I wonder if there will be a difference in terms of the stewards opinions between this Grosjean and Hamilton incident and the Vettel, Button incident at Suzuka?
Button jumped out of it, and Vettel was judged to have done nothing wrong by moving across. Grosjean does little different from what Vettel did, except Hamilton didn't give way so crunch.

Anyone got a vid of that?
#106 - CSF
#107 - CSF
Grosjean 1 race ban.
Bit harsh that he gets a ban for a clumsy misjudgement while Maldonado has deliberately taken swipes at other cars twice in the last couple of seasons and hasn't been banned. Even if it is a ban with his various other turn one crashes in mind.

Who's the Lotus reserve driver? D'Ambrosio?
Quote from amp88 :Romain Grosjean gets one-race ban for start crash. Good.

I can't say I'm disappointed, he was clearly at fault, but if I were Grosjean I'd be citing the Vettel Button incident.
I knew something like this would happen within a couple of seasons. Grosjean should just say everything that Vettel said verbatim, "i didn't know he was there" etc etc b.s b.s, it was b.s when Vettel said it.

I hate that there has to be an accident for blatantly dangerous driving to be punished.

Typical inconsistency.
Dumb penalty, iirc he wasnt even on probation, grid drop would of sufficed
Quote from tristancliffe :Interesting thought Sinbad. Moving right across was proven to be fine, as the following driver has the choice of lifting or not. As the stewards lack consistency, one has to assume that Grosjean will get a penalty.

Different situations - Imo, just way too agressive driving. Grosjean had Hamilton "in sight", starting a place behind him. It seems to me Grosjean appeared too rapidly for Hamilton to react to it, while Vettel slowly moved over with Button having a much better overview.

The penalty might be harsh but at the same time Alonso nearly got seriously injured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... &v=-r7Z4bxSUTQ#t=101s
I like it when Button wins because it means Jessica gets more TV time.
Kimi on MSC!
So who was the last driver to get a one race ban for on track actions as opposed to off track stuff? IMO it's a bit harsh that he got it for what seemed to me to be a lack of judgement
1 race ban? Damn... Was a dumb move, but bit too harsh IMO. Maldonado on the other hand could do with one...
Kubica for Lotus Monza seat.
SPA 2012 was epic!

Hamilton why didn't move? was can dodge to right in grass WILL SAFE!

Hamilton no move like crash aswell.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :So who was the last driver to get a one race ban for on track actions as opposed to off track stuff? IMO it's a bit harsh that he got it for what seemed to me to be a lack of judgement

Yuji Ide?
Incidentally, I had the lap chart up during the race and it showed that Senna overtook Webber during lap 2 (i.e. under the SC period for the 1st corner crash). Does anyone know how this happened?
Attached images
senna_webber_sc.png
pitstops???
IMO he deserves the ban, he came right across the track and took the front end off of another driver when he had NOONE on either side of him except for that driver.
Amazing start for Maldodona. But srsly wtf not even t1 and a wreck.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG