The online racing simulator
The history about LFS?
(56 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :Exactly - you are all correct. Scawen will never be 'rich' from LFS, but he will be happy, and it'll give him enough to put food on the table, make the table, and buy a car to drive to the timber merchants.

I don't know Tristan, maybe they will be rich in the end. If they ever decide LFS is "finished" enough to release a boxed version in stores, they will make a killing IMHO. No publisher costs and huge development teams to fund... If/when they make such a decision in years down the road I bet they would bring in some serious cash. It says enough that they can even support themselves during the development process with a very underexposed masterpeice that we get to enjoy in this phase of their process. If (when) LFS gets into the mainstream, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
Quote from joen :Considering they have been working on LFS for several years now and they seem to show no sign of starvation and Scawen is even able to work on his house, I would say yes

well scawen and vicc are both rather skinny
maybe we should organise a dev-aid concert
Quote from Shotglass :well scawen and vicc are both rather skinny

Well perhaps that might just come natural for those two... if it does for me it probably does for them too or they always skip dinner (I do it all the time ) by doing "other" stuff like programming new stuff.
We just need to find a U2 cover band... :P
Quote :We just need to find a U2 cover band... :P

iv had a good idea.... i think. you could hold a concert, hire a bar, and get every lfs user to buy the devs a pint. then by night time they would be drunk, then we could convince them to add a keoninseg to the next patch or whatever :P
#31 - SamH

I was thinking that, too! Feed 'em up!

I enjoyed the alternative LFS histories.. great stories! Tristan's may be more based in fact, but I have to say the other tales are much more entertaining! You can never have too many smiles in a day!

I hope the devs all do get rich by building LFS. I think that would be a victory for a working culture that I'm exceedingly fond of. My own working environment is much the same in philosophy, in that the priority is to do something you want to do rather than something that earns you lots of money.

That all said, of course, you can never forget that while money can't buy happiness, it sure can help to fund it
A clever plan, but I can't see scawens wife letting him do that... :P
#33 - axus
Quote from Captain Slow :iv had a good idea.... i think. you could hold a concert, hire a bar, and get every lfs user to buy the devs a pint. then by night time they would be drunk, then we could convince them to add a keoninseg to the next patch or whatever :P

Or they'd get alcohol poisoning and never be able to work on LFS again. illepall
#34 - joen

But Eric is a big guy, he must get a lot of proteines! So Eric is claiming all the money huh?
Quote from axus :Or they'd get alcohol poisoning and never be able to work on LFS again. illepall

in the words of tristancliffe: Read my post. Get a sense of humour. Then read my post again. :P no offence
#36 - axus
Quote from Captain Slow :in the words of tristancliffe: Read my post. Get a sense of humour. Then read my post again. :P no offence

Right back at ya.

I was playing along with the joke.
fair enough. thats that sorted than so whos buying first pint? lol
Quote from joen :
But Eric is a big guy, he must get a lot of proteines! So Eric is claiming all the money huh?

as ive said earlier ... hes definately the alpha-dev so he probably gets to feasts first and it seems like he doesnt leave much for the two devs lower down on the hierarchy
Cheers Florian - my knowledge of Victors early role was rather lacking (Sorry Vic), and I consider myself poked.
Quote from Scawen :Well it depends on what sense you mean "do it for the money".

We do do it for the money in one sense, because we earn money from it and that's good. And we don't have any other way to earn a living.

But there are easier ways to make money if that was the primary objective. Our main aim is to enjoy our work. Unlike some game companies run by publishers, we don't make all decisions with the question "will it make more sales?" We just say "is this a good feature?" and that decides what we do. Of course that can lead to better sales as well so there's no harm in working that way.

Thats why you guys are so much better than EA and Microsoft.
Working on a project like this sure beats working in permanent crunch at EA, or even the bi-yearly crunch at other firms ! That's got to be worth a reduction in salary any which way you look at it - except it's hard to earn less than EA pay anyway, without working for my boss that is, who seems to think that the word senior in my job titles means I can take home national minimum wage - and pay it two and a half months on tick too ! Just to add insult to injury, whilst all the directors are on long holidays...

Illegal, hell yeah... I even started working on (non car game) my own LFS now.

I'll be darned if i'm working for anyone else ever again.
Quote from Becky Rose :
laterter that night the virgin popped a sprog on the underpass. They named him Scawen, in honour of the mispelled graffitti on the underpass.

When Scawen grew up he was crucified by forum goers for not releasing patches quick enough, but luckily he was reborn with S2 - and said he planned to come back to life again later.

Lol me like

Quote from BeckyRose :Somewhere along the line he was joined by two of the wise men who guided Scawen and proclaimed him the son of Scavier, the divine sim racing God, but this was bollocks because we know he was the son of a shephard and a virgin.

Lmao, you should get a free S3 licence for this ^___^
Quote from Becky Rose :Working on a project like this sure beats working in permanent crunch at EA, or even the bi-yearly crunch at other firms ! That's got to be worth a reduction in salary any which way you look at it - except it's hard to earn less than EA pay anyway, without working for my boss that is, who seems to think that the word senior in my job titles means I can take home national minimum wage - and pay it two and a half months on tick too ! Just to add insult to injury, whilst all the directors are on long holidays...

Illegal, hell yeah... I even started working on (non car game) my own LFS now.

I'll be darned if i'm working for anyone else ever again.

Nah 'Senior' means old age pension time, I think ya did say you were older than middle age wasnt it? now pple live till 80 yrs on average in western cultures half of eighty is forty bit past middle (half) is 45 year, yeh close enough to pension age
WTF, i'm not that old !

I am 1 midlife crisis old, and no older.
4000BC: The humans about to conquer the world, founds the wheel, and builds cities.

2500BC: Egypt builds the first Piramyd, and get much money right now.

753BC: The romans changes to kingdom, and Scawen announces his first game, the Live For Speed.

650BC: China starts the build of the Great Wall. Eric Bailey and Victor van Vlaardingen joins to Scawen to help him out with his game.

1: Christ was born, but his new religion causes much problems, and few hundred years later, the Empire was destroyed.

44: Scawen said that the Live For Speed will be out in March.

750: China founds gunpowder.

1347: The first european Black Death plauge kills the 1/3 of europe's population. According to Scawen, it causes half year delay to the Live For Speed.

1650: The industrial revolution begins. Because the changes, the Live For Speed delay until July.

1850: Great Britain creates a huge empire, but because the distances, 75 years later they have only 2 small islands.

1916: The british people finished the resarches of the tank, so they can won the largest war ever.

1939: The germans creates huge armies, and starts to conquer the whole world. For thanks of the diplomacy, they can beat the germans. This war causes 2 years delay to the Live For Speed.

2002: The first playable version of the Live For Speed is out! Head over the downloads section and grab it!

2003: America and Iraq starts a war. "The terrorism caused about 1 year delay to the Live For speed" Scawen Roberts.

2005: The S2 alpha version of the game is out!

2050: According to Scawen, the Live For Speed might be out in anytime.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Lol me like

Lmao, you should get a free S3 licence for this ^___^

illepall illepall illepall
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The LFS Bible, Written completely in yee olde English, and is also available in English Modern, Dutch, German, and Chinese...

Heh

Thise men three didst come,
Clep't Scavier as companie
An' that they could in summe
Mak for their sym to runne seemlie
Didst then fashion divers carres
And alle yn their array fulle faire
Cumme each to laye rubere upon the tar
And plotte each to mak the other kerf the aire
Welle thro that cite sooth have I runne
Welle have I trodde that ferny track of greene
Whether under cloude or sunne
I do trow each ynche of it I ween
And yet more grounde do I espy
The eastern ringe, the westren fielde
I fulle delight yn each discoverie
and yn each darting wheele that I do weelde
And soe stoute Scawen takke tho thy code
Do yt welle that yt might welle compyle
Aroint each bugge and I do trow wee would
Yet tarry and bee contente for a while.
Quote from Resound :Heh

Thise men three didst come,
Clep't Scavier as companie
An' that they could in summe
Mak for their sym to runne seemlie
Didst then fashion divers carres
And alle yn their array fulle faire
Cumme each to laye rubere upon the tar
And plotte each to mak the other kerf the aire
Welle thro that cite sooth have I runne
Welle have I trodde that ferny track of greene
Whether under cloude or sunne
I do trow each ynche of it I ween
And yet more grounde do I espy
The eastern ringe, the westren fielde
I fulle delight yn each discoverie
and yn each darting wheele that I do weelde
And soe stoute Scawen takke tho thy code
Do yt welle that yt might welle compyle
Aroint each bugge and I do trow wee would
Yet tarry and bee contente for a while.

wow, you quoted a post I made like 5 months ago.

The history about LFS?
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG