The online racing simulator
Do you ever dream about cars or racing?
(51 posts, started )
Firstly, I must say that it is a lifelong dream to someday drive the Nurburgring.

I had a dream once that I had rented a 'Ring tuned M3 near the track and drove all the way to the track (a good 15 minutes in the dream). Pulled up the the toll gate then gave it a wave of a season-pass card. Now this part hurts the most, as I remember the rush of adrenaline as the gate opened and there I was, with the Nurburgring in front of me, no traffic or anything. I swear, I could see the heat bubbling off the asphalt ahead of me and, for a few seconds, everything felt so real that I honestly believed I was there. I has somehow grown up and made some money and found my way to one of the few places I want to go before I die. But, as I slipped off the clutch and the car began to pull away, I woke up.

I actually shed tears when I woke up, it felt that real.
Quote from Forbin :I have a recurring dream where I'm in a corner on my race bike leaned way over and the front just washes out and I hit the ground. I get that weird falling feeling every time.

I get that feeling every time I ride a bike in real life lately :P Been a while since I've ridden regularly, so each time I borrow my friend's bike I'm a little lacking in confidence in the front end.

Quote from jnr89 :I have dream this but not so often, I even died in a car crash lol it felt like...rebooting my bios

That's no fun!!

Quote from Rappa Z :Firstly, I must say that it is a lifelong dream to someday drive the Nurburgring.

Crazy! Love that kind of dream! And the 'Ring is a great dream to have too, I went there a few years ago and it was every bit as good as I had imagined
Quote from Michael Denham :Crazy! Love that kind of dream! And the 'Ring is a great dream to have too, I went there a few years ago and it was every bit as good as I had imagined

Went there two weeks ago. All the pics I saw just can't capture the elevation changes. Got to Brünnchen first, and it felt like standing next to a fücking rollercoaster So it was actually worse/better than in my dreams
Same thing as brakes that seems to brake but never enough to stop which result in crash.
Also crashes because car dont turn as good as it should or dont fit where it should.
I also had a series of dreams in which I drove some way too flexible car, when I was making a turn it bend so much that I ended up scratching steering wheel against the curb, (car itself was ok only steering wheel was scratched).
Quote from Chupacabras84 :Same thing as brakes that seems to brake but never enough to stop which result in crash.

It sucks even more, when that happens in real life.
Quote from JJ72 :I have a recurring dream about not being able to brake no matter how hard I step on it, and it always happen at near walking speed. usually end up nudging a stationary car ahead. the third time I had that dream I had my brake system flushed lol.

same here, sometimes i dream that i am driving my a4 during a rainy day and that i am going downhill and try to brake but i burn through 4 stop signs with all my wheels blocked and end up on the edge of a river. scary shit.
#32 - JJ72
so that's 6 people having the same dream? wow.....
Quote from jj72 :so that's 6 people having the same dream? Wow.....

inception
I don't really recall any dreams as of late.

But I used to in my dreams always be in the lead by forever, and loose it in a corner end up in a massive fireball, and have the dream ended there..

I don't like dreaming.
Quote from JJ72 :so that's 6 people having the same dream? wow.....

I think it have something to do with the fact that in dreams mechanisms don't work as they suppose to, so light switches and brakes are useless.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :I think it have something to do with the fact that in dreams mechanisms don't work as they suppose to, so light switches and brakes are useless.

and even downshifting. logic does not apply to dreams?
I always dream about some awsome race car... Then I wake up, go outside, open the garage und ze yellow monster reveals!

Nah, everyone has kinda the same dreams..
Like your teeth falling out, or trying to jump and gap and falling into a water well or something

Only car related dreams i have is streetracing for some weird reason.. The steering is always a bit funky. Maybe lerts-like. It's like 50° of steering and the brakes never work
When I'm driving the brakes are always shitty. The pedal has so much travel and it slips a lot. I have a headboard on my bed and sometimes when I'm turned around I'm stomping on the brakes and it is slamming it in to the wall.
Quote from el pibe :and even downshifting. logic does not apply to dreams?

Well logic in dreams its awfully volatile thing, we just take everything we see, as it is and never question it.
I think for a mechanism to work in a dream it needs to be something very simple with very obvious way of working, for example I know that if I flick light switch I can turn lights off and on but why? I know because of electricity and circuits but in a dream this is just not obvious enough.

If I hit a brakes, car should brake because of tires having grip and all that.
But in dreams I dont think my brain actually goes into so many details and because of that while I try to brake its never goes to the tires/ground relationship (Although I think Scawen might have that one dream working perfectly, I would be very surprised if he dont)

You can turn a steering wheel and your car will turn in a dream but it doesn't turn because your car follow your front tires but because you expect your car to turn and because of that steering is inconsistent.

Something simple which is working in an obvious way, will work in dream but since physics does not exist in dreams all interactions are more what you expect it to be (more or less) and not what they should be.
I wish i dreamt more. I only remember/have a dream about once every 2 weeks
I tried lucid dreaming not too long ago every night for nearly 2weeks but couldnt really enter the contolling state of a dream. It made me dream nearly every night though.

Im dying to get a 1.0l lupo for my first car, and a while back, i had a dream about gettinga 1.6 16v GTI in blue. It was the first day i owned it and i could not get away from it and i loved it! Woke up in dissapointment realising it was only a dream

Another one i remember was about this guy, who me and my friends call Saxo Boy. Hr had a mango yellow saxo and it was nasty and really chavvy. One night i had dream of me driving next to him on the road coming out of big Tescos (local cruise place), and he P.I.T manuvered me! i was like wtdafuq and the dream ended.
Quote from Omar1 :Woke up in dissapointment realising it was only a dream

I hate that! I regularly have dreams where I've somehow acquired a really awesome racing car or street car, and it's just fantastic in my dream. I wake up super happy and excited then realize it was only a dream
Just woke up and had a small dream about having a volkswagen polo 2006 model i think, and this other guy from lfs had one and we were trying take the bump strips/door protectors off. It was strange, he'd already tried but failed and also filled/smoothed something near the grill/badge and kept asking me how nice it felt compared to mine...
Have you ever tried reading a book in a dream? It's impossible. Your subconscious can't make up the text fast enough for you to read it so after a few words it just becomes gibberish.

I've often found a dream will become lucid after I try (and fail) to read, as it makes me realise I'm actually dreaming.
Well my dreams tends to be really weird. I once dreamt I had some contraption with 5 liter V12 engine. It looked more like a chariot than a car, and had bicycle pedals insted of accelerator. The faster I pedal, the faster the vehicle goes. To even start moving, I had to pedal quite fast, and to get full acceleration, I had to rev my legs over 9000 rpm. I hated that dream.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Have you ever tried reading a book in a dream? It's impossible. Your subconscious can't make up the text fast enough for you to read it so after a few words it just becomes gibberish.

I've often found a dream will become lucid after I try (and fail) to read, as it makes me realise I'm actually dreaming.

Back around 2006-2007 when I was active in the LFS IRC channel, I used to dream about being on IRC and had the same effect. I dreamed there was a really interesting discussion or something and I'd wonder what it was about when I woke up.
Last night I had a odd dream of LFS which had vastly improved - realistic damage, vastly improved graphics, extra cars (I remembered "driving" a Radical type car (don't remember a Scirocco, lol)), more tracks plus revamped present tracks (Silverstone was one of them, laser scanned too.), much better default engine sounds similar to CSR and weather and a rallypack.

I was on South City Chicane Route in heavy rain with a couple of AIs (they had vastly improved a lot and were a lot more dynamic in behaviour) in GTR cars. I tried out a RBR and was fighting my way around the AIs when I aquaplaned and crashed in turn 3/4 / 19/20 (http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s292/tstsr/southcity.jpg) and saw the car crumple on impact and a wheel or two fell off, ending my race. Then I woke up, puzzled.

Anyone else dream about a vastly improved LFS..?
That wasn't a dream - your version accidentally updated itself to the secret Gold version Scawen and the other devs have access to.
Quote from KiRmelius :To even start moving, I had to pedal quite fast, and to get full acceleration, I had to rev my legs over 9000 rpm. I hated that dream.

This is my new favourite dream! Rev legs to OVER 9000! So good
#49 - PoVo
Quote from Franky.S :its like to dream about running and always falling over weird.

Or I often used to get a dream where I'm standing at a pier or something and I always end up falling into the water
I hate the dreams when you try to run from something, but you just canot move, or you move ****ing slow. I also hate the dreams where something horrible is going to happend, like an insane face expression you don't want to see - but whatever you do, hands in front of face or what not, you end up seeing it. ****ing hell that thing scares the shit out of me to this day

About racing dreams, ofc! I dream them from time to time. It's a passion and a dream of mine to be able to race, so it's only natural that it will hunt me and my sleep from time to time

Do you ever dream about cars or racing?
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG