The online racing simulator
Do you ever dream about cars or racing?
(51 posts, started )
I do, almost every night Often involving my dad, who passed away a few years ago. Makes me feel like we're still enjoying cars together!

I dream about racing in F1, being a rally driver, being a chauffeur, just driving around generally. I had a dream the other night that my car was stolen, and I went after the friends of the guy who stole it, but apparently they had machine guns and I got shot. I never got my car back either. Fortunately I also had my brothers Jeep (don't ask me how I had 2 cars with me at once) so I took that home instead. Getting shot was apparently not an issue.

Oh, last night I dreamed I was driving around in a big truck with big tires, kind of like a monster truck except more "hick" than that. The acceleration was phenomenal, traction out of corners was great with the 4 wheel drive. The thing that surprised me the most however was the ridiculously good braking. Overall pretty impressive!

How about you guys, any good car dreams?
Occasionally I dream that I'd turbocharged my car... other than that, there's been the odd dream of driving car's I'd love to have, but nothing really amazing that's worth typing lol
I know what you mean about cars you'd love to have. I get that a lot, and I get so excited about it. Then I wake up and I'm really disappointed for the rest of the day.
As much as I love driving, now that you ask it strikes me as odd that I've never dream driven.
Used to do a lot. Rallying in adverse conditions
Racing in a car that I've designed and built myself would be totally awesome. Or even hotlapping in a car that was built using my plans and design would be awesome as well.

Anyways one of my sim racing dream was to build my own track. And I did it.
#7 - JJ72
I have a recurring dream about not being able to brake no matter how hard I step on it, and it always happen at near walking speed. usually end up nudging a stationary car ahead. the third time I had that dream I had my brake system flushed lol.
Quote from JJ72 :I have a recurring dream about not being able to brake no matter how hard I step on it, and it always happen at near walking speed. usually end up nudging a stationary car ahead.

!

I get this too, fairly regularly. In my dream the brakes work, and slow the car from speed, but as I slow down it seems that no matter how hard I press the pedal, the car never quite stops moving and I end up nudging up against something.
I used to get that braking thing. I was going fairly slowly but I couldn't brake and crashed.. (wtf by the way, I thought I was the only one with that kind of dream)

Couple of months ago, I was driving our family car downhill, stepped on the brake and nothing happened. There was a STOP sign at the bottom of the hill, so I shifted into second gear (was going about 60 km/h), pulled the handbrake and stopped with the first half of my car in the crossroad. I don't have that kind of dreams anymore since then
Quote from Crashgate3 : !

I get this too, fairly regularly. In my dream the brakes work, and slow the car from speed, but as I slow down it seems that no matter how hard I press the pedal, the car never quite stops moving and I end up nudging up against something.

its like to dream about running and always falling over weird.

i had dreeam i did spa 24h. didnt end well
I do dream about cars sometimes. One time I dreamed about watching someone attempt to break the land speed record but then they just went about 2000 km/h into a concrete wall...

I had a scary premonition late last year though, (both in dreams, and general thoughts) It was about a week or month before the final Indycar race of the 2011 indycar season and with the old cars and in the week before that race I kept thinking that something terrible was going to happen. That someone was going to be killed. I think i even had a dream the night or two before the race that it would have been Dan Wheldon who died. I think I mainly thought that because he had done almost all of the testing with the new car and I thought that something bad would happen to him.

The next morning, I turned on the TV (It was morning for me in Australia during the indycar race) there was a wide angle showing debris (not long after the crash, and before the announcement) all over the track, It looked like an explosion went off. When I found out that Dan had died, I was just shocked, especially because I had been thinking that something like this would happen in the last race with the older car.

Some dreams I have about racing are good though, like me winning an F1 race or something along those lines.
i get dreams where i'm racing cars but usually it ends in the car being upside down and sometimes engulfed in flames lol
Some awesome stuff here

Quote from JJ72 :the third time I had that dream I had my brake system flushed lol.

Oh man, that's hilarious! The way our minds work is pretty awesome
I do.. the one that stood out is that i had a yellow Ford Capri and it was so light that i could park it with my hands, you know just lift it up and put it exactly where i want.. loved that dream for some reason.
in the somewhat reoccurring dream theme I have I am either chasing someone or being chased, often cars are involved too.

Another time my car suddenly had the strange shifter from a 2CV, and I had to find out how to use it while driving
Car chases are common dreams for me, too. Sometimes similar to films like Vanishing Point, French Connection and Bullitt but I sometimes get some supercars chasing each other around a city.

Another common dream is some togue race, where the last time I had this dream a GT-R battled against a R8 on the uphill mountain roads. In fact, the GT-R is always one of the cars and the other cars tends to be rival supercars.

Edit: One time I also had a dream much similar to this... Creepy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS2k0JbOpDQ#t=15s
Quote from JJ72 :I have a recurring dream about not being able to brake no matter how hard I step on it, and it always happen at near walking speed. usually end up nudging a stationary car ahead. the third time I had that dream I had my brake system flushed lol.

Somehow it looks like that's a common dream.
Exactly the same here - I got also several dreams about this type of scenario, driving very slow and want to break for the red light. But somehow the car won't stop, no matter how I hard push the pedals. Ending in a crash or desaster. Pretty weird and scary if you're getting into a real car then.
I've had some heavy G-force dreams, especially since my experience in an Audi R8 5.2 FSI in Florida not too long ago.
The only car dream I have is when I wake up (in my dreams) and there's no one around. The streets are deserted, it's quiet, and I have the roads to myself. I then drive to my local Lamborghini dealership (which is unusually close), break in, and steal a Lamborghini.

The strange thing is this is a re-occurring dream. I have it maybe once a week. Let's hope they don't build a Lamborghini dealership near me anytime soon.

:hide:
I'd say one in five of my dreams(I don't dream very often, maybe once every week or two) are related to cars or bikes some way, I have no idea why. The most recent one involved me driving an XRR look-alike car around the Nurburgring, but I only remembered the first 3 or 4 corners of the actual track. The one before that was me being a passenger in Maserati and driving through a city. The driver just plowed through oncoming traffic and nothing happened, it just went straight through cars as if they weren't there and there was a huge Maserati logo that covered the whole dashboard. Perhaps it's because I'd just watched the TG episode where they did that challenge with the Quattroporte, the Panamera and the Rapide the day before.

It's pretty unusual for me to remember dreams as I tend to forget them in a day or two, but the car related ones seem to stay for awhile.
I dream about cars all the time but every few weeks I will experience a very vivid, very lucid dream about driving, usually on a track. In these dreams I can sense everything the car is doing, the exact feel of everything, and it's wonderful.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :The only car dream I have is when I wake up (in my dreams) and there's no one around. The streets are deserted, it's quiet, and I have the roads to myself. I then drive to my local Lamborghini dealership (which is unusually close), break in, and steal a Lamborghini.

The strange thing is this is a re-occurring dream. I have it maybe once a week. Let's hope they don't build a Lamborghini dealership near me anytime soon.

:hide:

I told you about the Lambo! It keeps happening!
New one for me last night... I was driving a truck with a huge trailer behind it, through really tight city roads. Thanks to my supreme driving skills I managed not to hit anything. Also on the same roads I was riding a motorbike, and I had someone following me, but they kept crashing at low speeds. I got pretty frustrated with them.
I have a recurring dream where I'm in a corner on my race bike leaned way over and the front just washes out and I hit the ground. I get that weird falling feeling every time.
I have dream this but not so often, I even died in a car crash lol it felt like...rebooting my bios

(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG