The online racing simulator
Dtm 2012
(57 posts, started )
Quote from TFalke55 :The new pitstop rules say that during the first and last 25% of the race, you may not do a compulsory pitstop and that refuelling during the race is forbidden.

Do they still have to pit twice in the 25-75% window, or can they make the race on 1 stop?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Do they still have to pit twice in the 25-75% window, or can they make the race on 1 stop?

two pitstops still
2 stops in a 1 hour race is a bit silly. But oh well. The reduced pitwindow remains an improvement.
Quote from J@tko :Looks like Ralf Schumacher has been taking overtaking advice from LFS T1 noobs.

When he moved to DTM I said "good, wrecker fits with wreckers"m Coulthard did a similar thing but has improved.
There is something about F1 drivers past being excellent, they lack the patience to overtake when possible and the skill to yeld when passed by a faster driver. Leading to pitstop for front splitter and usually 0 points.

In touringcars, cars are so evenly matched that slight contact is unavoidable to do any overtake unless someone yields.

Past F1 drivers in touringcar serise combines the two factors. Even if DTM now is not a traditional TC more like some prototype/light GT -class.
Holy moly, I've just seen the qual. Great results, only the 2nd weekend and BMW 1-2. What a return.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Holy moly, I've just seen the qual. Great results, only the 2nd weekend and BMW 1-2. What a return.

Where did you see that? Any link?
Quote from Mysho :Where did you see that? Any link?

A hungarian channel called Sportklub. But now it's on YouTube as well.
I must say today's race was quiet nice, although it started early so German TV can cover the Queen of the Commonwealth realms' Diamond Jubilee
Slightly off topic, but today ITR announced that they reached an agreement with JAF and SuperGT. DTM rules will start to be in effect in SuperGT's GT500 from 2014 on. Nissan and Toyota will directly addapt the rules, Honda will adapt to the new rules step by step over a 3-year period. Only thing which is not certain yet is the engine formula. SuperGT wants to keep the 3.4, DTM the 4.0 V8s.
so some facts and rumour about the 2013 carlender:

Facts:
- 28th April Round 1 at Hockenheimring
- 5th May Round 2 at Eurospeedway Lausitz
- 2nd June Round 4 at Red Bull Ring
- 7th July Round 5 at Norisring
- 4th August Round 6/7 at Nürburgring
- 15th September Round 8/9/10 Oschersleben
- 20th October Round 10/11 Hockenheimring

Rumor:
- 19th May Round 3 at Donnington, if Motorsport Vision (Jonathan Palmer) buys the track (the date clashes with the 24h at the Nürburgring again, but 2013 the 24h race will be started on that sunday and not on the saturday and therefore the DTM race ends before the 24h starts). If not, Brands Hatch stays.
- 21st July Round 6 at Moscow Raceway. It would be a cheap option since the Russians are interested to have a DTM race and would pay transport costs. This would also extend the schedule to 11 races.
- 18th/25th August Round 8/9 at Ile Notre-Dame Montreal. 25th would be the optimal date but on the same day there is a Formula 1 race. As there wouldn't be any support like in Moscow, the cars would be shipped over.
- 29th September Round 9/10 at Dijon, if the Spanish round is dropped
- Munich will be dropped
- Zandvoort might either be dropped or will stay due to the cheap contract in the schedule either to subsitute the Round at Moscow or Montreal.

Theoretically there are 12 slots for the DTM schedule but it is not likely to see 12 races.

Source: Marcus Lacroix (2012), Lücke für Kanada?, Red Bull Media House Schweiz AG, Speedweek, 2012, 42, page 22, Unterschleißheim, Germany
The cooperation agreement between GTA and ITR will be signed up at 16.oct in Tokyo.
Quote from TFalke55 :so some facts and rumour about the 2013 carlender:

Facts:
- 28th April Round 1 at Hockenheimring
- 5th May Round 2 at Eurospeedway Lausitz
- 2nd June Round 4 at Red Bull Ring
- 7th July Round 5 at Norisring
- 4th August Round 6/7 at Nürburgring
- 15th September Round 8/9/10 Oschersleben
- 20th October Round 10/11 Hockenheimring

Rumor:
- 19th May Round 3 at Donnington, if Motorsport Vision (Jonathan Palmer) buys the track (the date clashes with the 24h at the Nürburgring again, but 2013 the 24h race will be started on that sunday and not on the saturday and therefore the DTM race ends before the 24h starts). If not, Brands Hatch stays.
- 21st July Round 6 at Moscow Raceway. It would be a cheap option since the Russians are interested to have a DTM race and would pay transport costs. This would also extend the schedule to 11 races.
- 18th/25th August Round 8/9 at Ile Notre-Dame Montreal. 25th would be the optimal date but on the same day there is a Formula 1 race. As there wouldn't be any support like in Moscow, the cars would be shipped over.
- 29th September Round 9/10 at Dijon, if the Spanish round is dropped
- Munich will be dropped
- Zandvoort might either be dropped or will stay due to the cheap contract in the schedule either to subsitute the Round at Moscow or Montreal.

Theoretically there are 12 slots for the DTM schedule but it is not likely to see 12 races.

Source: Marcus Lacroix (2012), Lücke für Kanada?, Red Bull Media House Schweiz AG, Speedweek, 2012, 42, page 22, Unterschleißheim, Germany

I hope so much that they go to Dijon again.

Good thing that Munich is gone. Bringing the series to a big stadium might (have) expose(d) it to a potentially new fanbase, but seriously, that event was just a poor quality gimmick overall.

Whatever they do with the British round, I just hope it means that Palmer won't make that new hairpin at Brands happen.
I would love it if they come to montreal!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I hope so much that they go to Dijon again.

Good thing that Munich is gone. Bringing the series to a big stadium might (have) expose(d) it to a potentially new fanbase, but seriously, that event was just a poor quality gimmick overall.

Whatever they do with the British round, I just hope it means that Palmer won't make that new hairpin at Brands happen.

That new hairpin is confirmed since 2011, no chance I guess about the new Graham Hill bend.

I share your point about the Munich race. I'd have loved to see a propper race there with a layout through the Olympic Park but with just one entrering tunnel to the stadium I guess it is not possible.

Also thanks to TuRBuLEnZ, that are some news. With a race in Canada and the cooperation contract, BMW might rage less
Quote from TFalke55 :That new hairpin is confirmed since 2011, no chance I guess about the new Graham Hill bend.

Wasn't it put on hold since then?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Wasn't it put on hold since then?

yeah but the latest news I have on that, works start end of November
The hairpin isn't so bad, there was other changes proposed for Brands Like this one

Glad that never happened...

Dtm 2012
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG