The online racing simulator
US Coast Guard sinks Japanese fishing boat
(20 posts, started )
Quote :Its fate had been sealed after local officials decided to sink it rather than allow it to run aground or continue to float in busy shipping lanes between North America and Asia.The ship had no lights or communications system, and its tank was able to carry more than 2,000 gallons (9,100 litres) of diesel fuel. Officials, however, didn't know how much fuel, if any, was aboard.

What? Why? . Shall we tow it ashore & recommission it so that somebody could make a living from it, nah lets blow it up! So typicaly American & wasteful .

How about boarding it & pumping off the diesel?, nah nuke it! wooo hell yeah!
Idiots.
Typically American, eh?
Please whatever you do, don't link the full story since there is no way the quote could be taken a little bit out of context.
Quote :The Ryou-Un-Maru's year-long voyage across the Pacific Ocean ended in a blaze of gunfire and plumes of smoke on Friday after the Japanese fishing vessel, which had been swept out to sea by the March 2011 tsunami, was sunk by the US coastguard.

It's a ghost ship, nobody was hurt. Please link the article next time...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worl ... hip-sunk-us?newsfeed=true
Quote :
The four-hour operation to sink the ship had been already delayed for several hours after a Canadian fishing boat made an unsuccessful attempt to recover the Ryo-Un-Maru for salvage. Its fate had been sealed after local officials decided to sink it rather than allow it to run aground or continue to float in busy shipping lanes between North America and Asia.

The ship had no lights or communications system, and its tank was able to carry more than 2,000 gallons (9,100 litres) of diesel fuel. Officials, however, did not know how much fuel, if any, was aboard. "It's less risky than it would be running into shore or running into [maritime] traffic," coastguard spokesman Paul Webb said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worl ... hip-sunk-us?newsfeed=true
Not telling the whole truth is not all that much different than lying. Allow other people to come up with an opinion of their own rather than thrusting your own upon everybody.
"The vessel, registered in Japan's northernmost island of Hokkaido, had been earmarked for the scrap heap before the disaster."
I believe salvage law states that if no one is on board then finders keepers.

And in our media it didn't say the Canadian boat physically tried, only that it was discussed.

How hard is it to board a boat ?

Now, if it was believed that it was irradiated then that would explain it.

It would have otherwise been a good idea to pump the oil out first, google Rena, as we've just pumped oil out in far harder circumstances.

Just the start boys and girls ..........
Quote from Racer X NZ :...
Just the start boys and girls ..........

hahaha
oh lawdy
for once
i thought that you got done with an actually sensible post.
But here comes the Conspiracy-van!

a single precedent, this will surely become the norm now!
watch out of the US sinking boats at sight! Just chucking torpedos at innocent fishing boats off the coast of Argentina,
those poor fishermen

The fishing trawler is all they had.

T__T
Please stop. I'm sure there's better forums for your fearmongering, where people actually are dumb enough to bait, and grasp onto each link you throw at them
Sigh....

Check the amount of stuff that's going to wash up along the coast.

And while your clearly unaware of the fact that there's a major nuclear disaster in japan and much of America is already showing massive increases in radiation some people actually are aware of the fact.

It is unusual not to tow in a ship, and not to even board it.

And wait till building 4 collapses, even the Japanese are seriously looking at abandoning Tokyo when that happens.

Ignorance is bliss.
Please guide me, oh noble sheperd
what should I do
should i pursuit a career in educating my peers, who are similarily ignorant about the evils of the great axis of US & A, the horror.

Should we gather our pitchforks, our torches, and share photos of malnutrioned african kids all over the great Faceverse, share knowledge on forum communities about cattle breeding, model airplanes & Jeff Lewis, because they are the unsuspecting ones? Sure, they might think that it is 'unrelated', but that is exactly the kind of attitude we need to forcefully root out of these, frankly stupid people, because that is what the Greater Good dictates!

And every time we do so, it has a direct consequence, and a dollar appears out of thin air, to help us, and the Revolutionary Forces of the Good and the Wise, to help us in our conquest?

I see it now. I get it. I am sorry for questioning your authority on matters beyond me and my unintelligible nature!

Guide us, oh wise, ginger, wizard!
It was a ghost ship... The Navy purposely sink it to create a living habitat for the fish under water. If anything.. we brought a better living condition to the creatures in the deep blue sea. #DEMOCRACY
Don't you feel stupid.
Fuse5 if you weren't a hairy man I'd ask for your hand in marriage for that post.
Its more Practical than the stig driving a jaguar off of a aircraft carrier into the ocean.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Its more Practical than the stig driving a jaguar off of a aircraft carrier into the ocean.

oh yes, a jag with no petrol left in tank vs a rather large fishing vessel...

**** right off.

OT: lasyness won the day here.

Well done Fuze, although the point your making is a bit daft.

Is Fukushima a conspiracy theory ?

A paranoid fear of nuclear disasters is what you have before the inevitable happens. We're now trying to deal with the reality, shame people didnt bother to listen before to the now proven concerns that we are all facing.

But, if your approach is to ignore it then thats fine, don't want to burst your self centred bubble.
Attached images
61317700781328032490.jpeg
#20 - JJ72
I'd have kept it in my living room.

It sits well with my native african skull collection.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG