The online racing simulator
Extending features for the "REAL" mode
Hi folks,

ok, since we have the philosophy to deploy Safety Cars and stuff, I would suggest that in "REAL" mode (which is currently only means the Forced Cockpit View) the hit objects do not disappear always after 8 seconds, but that there are virtual trackworker positions, sothat objects only disappear when there is a sufficiant gap in the field. If not, the objects don't disappear.

Moreover I underline that a SafetyCar, that can only be driven by admins, could be helpful. Maybe Victor agrees on this, as he already drove one

Anyways, what do you think about it.

best regards
Falke
I think that "SC can only be driven by admins" can be done via InSim actually, but of course it would be better to have it official.
Maybe there can be added option for fixed setup/part of setup
I don't know why so many people are so interested in fixed setup.
My suggestion would be a option to deactivate the player option to spectate, allowing only to the admins to do it, like in real life, when if someone crashs, the drivers behind need to avoid it (or wait in case of a big one), and a safety truck comes to take the car out from the track...

Obviously, that would only work for leagues... Anyway, its cool...
Quote from Si Mclaren :My suggestion would be a option to deactivate the player option to spectate, allowing only to the admins to do it, like in real life, when if someone crashs, the drivers behind need to avoid it (or wait in case of a big one), and a safety truck comes to take the car out from the track...

Obviously, that would only work for leagues... Anyway, its cool...

Or doing it that way, that you can spectate, but your car does not disappear and that it takes a couple of laps, depending where it stuck. Like in Grand Prix 2 or Grand Prix 3 back than.
Quote from Forbin :I don't know why so many people are so interested in fixed setup.

you could theoretically create a IROC type scenario (International Race of Champions)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG