The online racing simulator
Maldonado didn't do much wrong, F1 precedent says that if you've won the corner and are clearly ahead then you're entitled to take the exit and it's the other guy's responsibility to get out of the way. Not really relevant if that's right or wrong, it's just the accepted way.
My god, Kimi is screaming on that radio from pleasure.
But Tristan many drivers have been penalized for 'causing an avoidable collision'.
Maldonado just used all the road on the exit of a corner he thought was his own. And technically, imo at least, it was his corner and his right to do what he did. What made it a slightly tough move was that he did run in to the corner quite deep and it was quite a late out braking manoeuvre. Both of these things should have alerted Grosjean, however, to the likelihood that he would get squeezed at some point through the corner.
Since it was a late-ish move from Maldonado I don't think Grosjean had the option to cut back beneath, but imo he should have been more cautious and taken his medicine. He did the main thing, not turning in on him, so it was a touch naive perhaps to not fully concede the place.
Grosjean simply did not have enough momentum to stay alongside Maldonado through the corner which meant he was not going to come out f the corner alongside Maldonado. If there is someone to blame then Grosjean could have seen that there is no room on the outside for him on that corner and backed off.

Imho a racing incident.

Not a good race for gatorham though. Heikki's kers apparently did not work in the race, the 5 grid penalty for next race for heikki does not help either and both cars DNF was pretty bad start. Looks like it's 2010 all over again for gatorham.
http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/843201/6d5c656e42/ARCHIVE
Ironically watching the replay Grosjean was ahead on turn in point. Therefore it's fair game. Considering this pushing off the track grey area is abused by Maldonado without punishment, it doesn't suprise me that others don't see the blatentcy. Seems like he's watched Senna and thinks it's a cool way to race even though he doesn't benefit from doing it.

Given all the evidence I've seen Maldonado is at fault. Whether he got sideways in the corner or not, he's still responsible for the collision. Nobody is required to cede a corner just because someone gets on the inside. It's a choice to cede, it's not even etiquette to cede it.
At first I thought it was 100% Maldonado's fault. Now, after watching this multiple times I'm not so sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxf0l8lsSUI

Most of the corner they are even, that's true. In the end though Maldonado is just enough ahead to ''claim'' the corner. However, I don't think Maldonado believed for a second that he could claim the entire corner he just came too fast and couldn't do a thing than just keep going and hope Maldonado cedes.

Grosjean could've seen the situation early and let go but instead tried to maintain his position too long, even when it was evident he couldn't win. Once he runs out of track he turns right and actually hits Maldonado - not the other way around. He could've just went to grass and lost time but chose to ram Maldonado hoping he'd survive.

To summarize: Maldonado came too fast, but Grosjean could've prevented the crash by smart driving. Both are partially at fault and it is a racing incident. There was no penalty since Maldonado didn't cause and ''unavoidable accident''.

To add: I don't like Maldonado one bit, the way he commented about the crash ("It was a clean one. There was very little contact – very little, not enough to put him out.") was just ridiculous and shows he didn't bother seeing the replay and doesn't care what happened. That's not professional at all.
Quote from BlueFlame :Besides Maldonado looks like the kind of guy you'd find beating a guy for drug money, just so happens he's from Venezuela too. :P

Ah, there's the BlueFlame I put on my ignore list.
It's a racing incident, leave it off.
Karma is a bitch, i'm glad he crashed on the last lap
Quote from DejaVu :Karma is a bitch, i'm glad he crashed on the last lap

This. After taking Grosjean out on the 2nd lap, it's only fair for him to **** it all up in the final lap.
There's lots more interesting stuff apart from Maldonado.

What about Hamilton's state of mind? Happily chatting to the wrong Kravitz during FP, and it seems that old bird he hangs around with is back. Then he gets his doors blown off by JB and he's sulking around muttering about the need to refocus.

Refocus on what? Perhaps what suit he's going to wear to the MOBOs? I don't see a great deal of change from last year's Hamilton. I wonder who else's contract is up at the end of the year apart from his? Massa and Webber for sure. What about Rosberg?
Button drove brilliantly and beat Lewis fair and square. Maybe Lewis is just letting that have an effect on him? Maybe he is going through some webber phase?
Pretty impressed with Perez's drive overall (unfortunate loss of positions on the last lap aside).

Started well behind Kimi (last on the grid) and would have finished well ahead of him if not for a cut tire at the end, or whatever it was that had him sliding around the last couple corners.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :What about Hamilton's state of mind?
[...]

Refocus on what?

..on the racing. xD

I thought he would do good this time around... in practise that was. Maybe the beard suggested me that he has matured a bit, but then i saw Nicole Scherzinger during the race in the pits and it was clear to me that his mind is constantly focused on her cootchigu.
I think if Hamilton was not upset it would be a bigger problem.
It depends on the type of upset though. If it's of the "I'll show them" variety then that can galvanise - remember "Not bad for a number two driver"? If it's the "But Lenny Kravitz told me I was really cool and bound to win, boo-hoo", then that's a different matter.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Pretty impressed with Perez's drive overall (unfortunate loss of positions on the last lap aside).

My mum rates Perez pretty highly and that's always a good sign. Since Barrichello has retired he might be her new favourite.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Ah, there's the BlueFlame I put on my ignore list.

If you don't find that amusing in any way then your clearly warped.
In all fairness Blueflame it just wasn't funny
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :In all fairness Blueflame it just wasn't funny

Amusing isn't the same as funny.

Anyway, basically DWB looks at someone making a joke, and that confirms to him why they are on their ignore list.

I pity him, his best friend is probably his own mother.

Plus he mentions often that I'm ignored by him, which annoys me only in the sense that I really couldn't give a shit so why does he feel the need to keep saying it?
butthurt because u not funny ..

2012 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix
(213 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG