The online racing simulator
Outerra Anteworld ( Whole earth sim)
(13 posts, started )
Look what I found, this looks freaking amazing!
It is basically a game being developed which covers the whole earth!
It is really awesome, they have a alpha demo out, try it !

Imagine the possibilities of great games coming out!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBdK87Pm3Bk[/ulr]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8YQ9WSdiw&feature=player_embedded#[/url]!

Outerra is a unique 3D rendering engine, a world rendering engine capable to seamlessly render whole planets from space down to the surface. It can use arbitrary/varying resolution of elevation data that it further dynamically refines using fractal algorithms. The fractals try to mimic natural processes, generating fine, believable terrain with high resolution. The world is also being dynamically textured and populated with vegetation using predefined land type material sets and the computed terrain attributes.
tried the second one just now, not bad for such a simple thing
downloaded the first one as well, but havent tried it yet.
looks nice tho.
Tried this a few weeks ago. It was kinda buggy, but I loved the scale and the nice textures. Especially the options to change the whole weather system are awesome.
what kinda sucks that u can only drive in the free demo...not fly
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :what kinda sucks that u can only drive in the free demo...not fly

I Bought it immediately after I tried it, then you can fly a plane and a heli.
right jegor,

thanks for the headsup, I bought it too, i really hope it evolves into smth big
This could be awesome if they make it that you can build stuff in game as well. There is just huge scope of what they can do.

Wonder how they are going to add the economy aspect to this if that's something they want to do?
Quote from jegorchangai :I Bought it immediately after I tried it, then you can fly a plane and a heli.

i know...just dont have money.
The guy who made the video is really talented, highlighting the best of outerra.

Now, also the game is amazing, what it could do with 4 ground textures and one flat pine tree is fantastic.

I'm really hoping that this entire setup will not break down when all the complications come: thousands of textures, building objects, various particles, weather effects, accurate flight or car physics...
Quote from kill_em_all :The guy who made the video is really talented, highlighting the best of outerra.

Now, also the game is amazing, what it could do with 4 ground textures and one flat pine tree is fantastic.

I'm really hoping that this entire setup will not break down when all the complications come: thousands of textures, building objects, various particles, weather effects, accurate flight or car physics...

buy ivybridge and two 7970's and 16 gb ram... wait for the game then.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG