The online racing simulator
the thing is still lot of people doesnt even know what LFS is. for example i started playing gtr2 with franky and we met racers that are 4 sec faster than us,so obviously they play it for a long time.So when they found out that was our first day playing they asked if we play other games,and we said LFS.they were like wtf is that.So they checked it out and responded "it looks interresting"
So probably lfs needs some marketing or smthg
Quote from JazzOn :TVE, whats wrong with the old people? There is a reason those people do not play atm and there is a reason this game "dies out" / no new people (which is bollocks infact, as there are coming new players consatntly).

Why should the devs consider making this game even cheaper, when other titles with less substance can charge like 40bobs.

A promo like that would let LFS Devs look kinda desperate, when infact, as soon as S3 comes out and it's good, it will be rated high again in its genre and many players will be online, without a doubt.

There is nothing wrong with the old people, I just enjoy a lot having fresh blood coming to enjoy this game aswell.

The game itself is cheap enough as it is, but some sale / marketing / PR stunt etc. would not hurt the game, the worst that could come out of it is that there will be more lissenced users ;D
Quote from The Very End :I just enjoy a lot having fresh blood coming to enjoy this game aswell.

yeah, it's quite well known here that you would like to tap them :P

But seriously, they probably gonna do some PR once the game is in stage 1.0., at last. But a simple get 1 license for half the price and an autograph from the developers, won't make any difference to anything.

@e2mustang, what are they doing now? Did they bought a license or were they turned off by things like huge colorful letters over the players and the lack of content (i.e. famous, prestigious cars or RL racecars)?
i dont know what they did,havent met them since,but hopefully at least they downloaded demo
Quote from JazzOn :yeah, it's quite well known here that you would like to tap them :P

Well played sir
Quote from e2mustang :
So probably lfs needs some marketing or smthg

It sure does!

But you can only achieve that with regular content updates. News websites need to have something to write about. And not open layout config blabla which nobody outside LFS understands.

Big news like a track or car addition for example. *coughs*
yes or some new cars

As we say u can only make money with money. Translated means to make money,u have to invest money. And tbh i dont see that coming
As a professional marketeer it saddens me that the devs distanced themselves from their user base and retreated to just making their once yearly state of the union address at Christmas about how the physics are progressing.

The previous success of LFS was born out of it's word of mouth advertising from a committed and engaged userbase.

Now the community doesn't care about LFS because the userbase is suffering from a phenomenon known as "perceived indifference". That is to say that the customers dont think the devs care about them. Perceived indifference occurs all too often in badly run businesses.

The irony is that by all accounts Victor is very engaged with the userbase, I actually get to hang out with him every year with other LFS users and talk about whatever drunk people talk about, that's practically unheard of in business - but the message isn't getting out any more because of the lack of regular interaction and communication with the userbase.

The decision to retreat from these forums is what has destroyed LFS, not the delay in the physics update.

Sometimes I just wish I could sit down with them and teach them the basics of marketing. Where is the You Tube video showing this fabled "Tyre Testing Rig" ? Why does the most recent photo anyone has seen of Scawen predate these forums?
They would be better dropping the price to £10 for S2.

£24 for a 10 year old game with 1 expansion is taking the piss, This isnt Xbox LIVE...
Quote from Becky Rose :Why does the most recent photo anyone has seen of Scawen predate these forums?

Gray hair. I swear you.

Takes some time before there is some acceptance.

Some shave their heads to try to keep attention from the young girls.

It's a crazy world, yes it is.
Quote from Foilpact :They would be better dropping the price to £10 for S2.

£24 for a 10 year old game with 1 expansion is taking the piss, This isnt Xbox LIVE...

i agree completely.
Quote from Foilpact :They would be better dropping the price to £10 for S2.

Exactly my thoughts. S2 = ~$40 USD. For a game that is 10 years old, this is a very high price.
Quote from edge3147 :Exactly my thoughts. S2 = ~$40 USD. For a game that is 10 years old, this is a very high price.

I disagree. The amount of content is relatively big, 19 cars + endless and endless amount of configurations, the physics are driveable and enjoyable, there are numerous leagues coming back each and every year and new leagues coming every year. There are tens and tens of cruise+drift servers too. How is ~40 USD too much for this?
"content" hasnt been updated majorly since S2 came out, its been small fixes here, small update here. Not to mention for around the same price, you could go get Project C.A.R.S which has just as good physics, way better graphics, and will have tons of cars upon release. C.A.R.S does require a hefty PC, but what modern game doesn't?

LFS is a good game/sim, but for the price, people expect alot more.
It would be best if completed, that they come to test an Rockingham update only for a week!
Quote from edge3147 :"content" hasnt been updated majorly since S2 came out, its been small fixes here, small update here. Not to mention for around the same price, you could go get Project C.A.R.S which has just as good physics, way better graphics, and will have tons of cars upon release. C.A.R.S does require a hefty PC, but what modern game doesn't?

LFS is a good game/sim, but for the price, people expect alot more.

While i agree that there could be more content, you dont have any valid argument here, because you say the physics are as good, which is bollocks. CARS is an advanced arcade racer and can't be compared with a real simualtors (LFS, Netkar...)
Graphics are great but to run these, one need a quite new PC indeed . LFS can be played by literally everbody with acceptable graphics. For Cars many have to invest at least 100-200 in PC specs again. Further is the price of CARS not yet decided anyway (afaik), which adds to it.

So in the end, LFS is still great for its money.

PS.
Quote from Foilpact :

10 years of online gameplay (with a lifetime license) = £2,40 /year

How much cost an Xbox game and online membership for 1 year?

...and gets cheaper every further year
Purchase multiple s2 accounts for half price. Resell it for 3/4 of the original cost. Profit. ????. Retire in Uganda.
Quote from JazzOn :While i agree that there could be more content, you dont have any valid argument here, because you say the physics are as good, which is bollocks. CARS is an advanced arcade racer and can't be compared with a real simualtors (LFS, Netkar...)
Graphics are great but to run these, one need a quite new PC indeed . LFS can be played by literally everbody with acceptable graphics. For Cars many have to invest at least 100-200 in PC specs again. Further is the price of CARS not yet decided anyway (afaik), which adds to it.

CARS is not an arcade racer. CARS is an Simulator that is In development. It is still in Alpha stage, so calling it an advanced arcade racer before the game is even launched is a bit much. Remember how much LFS has changed since it was launched as an alpha program?

Quote from JazzOn :PS.

10 years of online gameplay (with a lifetime license) = £2,40 /year

How much cost an Xbox game and online membership for 1 year?

...and gets cheaper every further year

Yes, it is a good deal to be able to play the game online for 10 years without any additional costs, but after even 5 years, the content gets pretty dull.

It has been how many years since the Rockingham announcement was made? We haven't even got a preview such as a drive around video or anything from the devs. Except that we have it, we know you want it, we are working on other things right now. I mean seriously, why can we not have the new track while we wait for the tyre physics done. Save the VWS for when the rest is complete, but in the mean time, give us something new so we don't sit here and flame each other to death on the forums waiting.
Quote from edge3147 :CARS is not an arcade racer. CARS is an Simulator that is In development. It is still in Alpha stage, so calling it an advanced arcade racer before the game is even launched is a bit much. Remember how much LFS has changed since it was launched as an alpha program?

It is based on NFS shift hich is really an arcade racer... or at least not a real simulation) You make you steering wheel setups moving sliders for sensitivity and so on...
As for the developement phase... naturally things progress, but LFS was true simualtion from day 1 in every aspect.

As for your second part, again, conentwise i totally agree, that tehre could be more especially when you have a real simulation base
Quote from JazzOn :It is based on NFS shift hich is really an arcade racer... or at least not a real simulation) You make you steering wheel setups moving sliders for sensitivity and so on...
As for the developement phase... naturally things progress, but LFS was true simualtion from day 1 in every aspect.

As for your second part, again, conentwise i totally agree, that tehre could be more especially when you have a real simulation base

It is not based off of NFS Shift, it's being developed by people that helped develop NFS Shift.

"Slightly Mad Studios is an award-winning developer known most recently for its work on Electronic Arts’ Need For Speed franchise with the successful SHIFT series." - http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

doesn't say anywhere that CARS is based off of NFS Shift.
they maked nfs shift so then C.A.R.S will be simliar to nfs shift.

also at the stage now, its arcade. everyone who plays hopes that one day it can be simlulator.
Quote from edge3147 :It is not based off of NFS Shift, it's being developed by people that helped develop NFS Shift.

"Slightly Mad Studios is an award-winning developer known most recently for its work on Electronic Arts’ Need For Speed franchise with the successful SHIFT series." - http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

doesn't say anywhere that CARS is based off of NFS Shift.

It doesn't say what you interpret into it

Read up in the forums and not only a promotion catchline. They use the engine and develope it further so it is in fact based on NFS (Need For Speed).
Technically is LFS is in alpha stage so thats probably why there is no marketing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG