The online racing simulator
Devs should have a special 12 or 24 hour deal
S2 license for S1 price.
Who thinks that is a good idea?
No big announcement, just a quick mention.
Naah, -1

I think the idea anyway is freaking awesome, but I give -1 only because I think devs simply don't want do this
naah, it's already quite cheap. If one cant afford the spare 12, how the hell is the internet connection gonna be payed, the connection required for actual gameplay.

I don't think that the cost of LFS is the cause of the decline in new users. I think it's a marketing issue.
Big +1 !
More people - better! More marketing would really have helped a lot.
Quote from The Very End :Big +1 !
More people - better! More marketing would really have helped a lot.

Considering this is an old product. Even if this would mean they don't get updated tyre physics. There are many who have wheel and pedals but only S1.
Quote from The Very End :...More people - better! ..

More good people - better
More cheaters, crashers, etc - worse

The highest the price, less people of the second group will come, and it's actually really cheap already.
If they do this they should do it when s3 comes out. New players get s3 for the price of s2. Maybe when s3 comes out we should all pitch in and try and do some marketing
Quote from CheerioDM :S2 license for S1 price.
Who thinks that is a good idea?
No big announcement, just a quick mention.

Will be too much losing in business stock market...

BUT I have an idea too...

- S2 for 1 hour trial, it will get some people addicted on LFS S2 and will buy it... oh wait! There's Demo Licence for free too... let's discuss more!
Quote from NitroNitrous :More good people - better

The highest the price, less people of the second group will come, and it's actually really cheap already.

There are allways rotten eggs We can ban the bad ones, and the ones worth keeping will contribute a lot.
I think everyone understands that some fresh new blood is much needed in the LFS community nowdays.
No way. That wouldnt boost anything up I think.
Eh? What's wrong with you people, you don't want new people in this SIM? Should it rather die out slowly than having new fresh blood?

Well, then I feel sorry for this community
How would some people to the cargame.nl or other public servers, whom never come to the forums or actual leagues boost up the community? And then, if somebody wanted the S2 so much, he would have bought it already.
I think that between all those who will not contribute, there will be some good racers that will contribute to the community, I am willing to take the risk.
Just because some people are shitty does not mean everyone is, and people do like sale / cheap stuff, so it would be a good marketing for LFS.
Quote from Kristi :How would some people to the cargame.nl or other public servers, whom never come to the forums or actual leagues boost up the community? And then, if somebody wanted the S2 so much, he would have bought it already.

there are lots of people ''mostly under 15'' that didnt got permission to buy lfs couse their parents think its too expensive. so it would help bring new people here.
Quote from teppo.jr :there are lots of people ''mostly under 15'' that didnt got permission to buy lfs couse their parents think its too expensive. so it would help bring new people here.

Yeah it was a bit hard for me to convince my parent's to let me buy this awesome game.

And yes, I was 15 at that time
Quote from NitroNitrous :More good people - better

We all were crashers and rammers once.

+1 from me.

Otherwise this place starts to stink badly.
Quote from Sobis :Yeah it was a bit hard for me to convince my parent's to let me buy this awesome game.

And yes, I was 15 at that time

i was 12 when i got my parents conviced
Conceptually a fine idea, but with both the physics and content being (and having been) stagnant for a while, I can't help but feel it would make more sense to combine it with the next major update.
Quote from notanillusion :conceptually a fine idea, but with both the physics and content being (and having been) stagnant for a while, i can't help but feel it would make more sense to combine it with the next major update.

+1
We can never know until we see the stats for licenses.
Do you care to share that with us devs?
I think this concept would be worth with rental system, such as iR for example. LFS is more of a one-time pay which means I don't find this idea good from general point of view. I still think it's cheap enough and right now it wouldn't make such an effect.. Maybe if Devs released the tyre update, recorded some videos, put some adverts on racing sites and all this marketing stuff, then maybe. But right now I see it rather pointless. (Never said it's bad idea actually, if I was demo racer... )
Quote from The Very End :Eh? What's wrong with you people, you don't want new people in this SIM? Should it rather die out slowly than having new fresh blood?

TVE, whats wrong with the old people? There is a reason those people do not play atm and there is a reason this game "dies out" / no new people (which is bollocks infact, as there are coming new players consatntly).

Why should the devs consider making this game even cheaper, when other titles with less substance can charge like 40bobs.

A promo like that would let LFS Devs look kinda desperate, when infact, as soon as S3 comes out and it's good, it will be rated high again in its genre and many players will be online, without a doubt.
and the devs probably needs more money for motivation for finishing S3

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG