The online racing simulator
2012 Kyoto 250: Skins

2012 Kyoto 250 - Skins

As per the regulations, and the Sporting Code, you need:
  • Your car's number on the doors of the car, and on the roof of the car.
  • The event logo (attached to this post) on the B-posts (b-pillars) of the car.
  • The NDR logo (attached to this post) on the right- and left-side rear bumper.
  • If you've never participated in the Kyoto 250 or a Twin 115, you must place the attached yellow rookie stripes to your rear bumper.
The attached image of the XRT illustrates where the elemets should be.
  • Cyan areas - car number; grey arrow on roof indicates the direction the number should be facing.
  • Yellow areas - B posts / B pillars; the Kyoto 250 2012 logo should be placed in this area.
  • Red areas - sides of rear bumper; the NDR logo should be placed in this area.
Remember: Your skins MUST BE READY PRIOR TO QUALIFYING ON THE 25th!
Skins are due by 01:00 UTC on Sunday, 25 March 2012!

You may make changes after that up until 24h before the actual race begins, but you need to have an initial copy by 01:00 UTC THIS SUNDAY MORNING
Attached images
Kyoto250_2012.png
NDR-New.png
Kyoto250_LocationsGuide.png
2012Kyoto250_RookieStripes.png
FZ5_KY250SC_12.jpg
In case you like to run a special livery, as used in Stock Car racing (NASCAR/ARCA) you can contact me via pm and I will make you the wished skin. Please name your car number and name and give a link to a photo of the reallife car in your pm Little service by me, I hope you'll like the results! PS: I hope you are creative and don't want only Dale Sn #3, Dale Jr #88 or Jeff #24 skins.
I was tempted to use the first one, but then i decided to go with something more reasonable.

Kudos to Bean0 for the original and Flame for them numbers.
Attached images
durk.jpg
XRT_KY250_28.jpg
#4 - Bean0
Quote from Kid222 :Pro skinjob.

You've even used a different shade of blue to paint over the Orrcon logos on the sides...nice
Quote from Bean0 :You've even used a different shade of blue to paint over the Orrcon logos on the sides...nice

My eyes aren't in the best shape... i used the paint-extraction thingy to pick the colour from the doors, so it looked ok to me,
It won't be so visible in race i think, so whatever.
Quote from TFalke55 :the number on the top is wrong way round.

Meeeeeeeeeh. I'll just make another skin. :|
Quote from TFalke55 :PS: I hope you are creative and don't want only Dale Sn #3, Dale Jr #88 or Jeff #24 skins.

Should this be a hint to a certain someone being not creative?

I think I should come back for the 250&500, I loved them(Not to mention I made the Top Ten twice!).

Just asking: You've still got my livery from last year? The only thing that must be cleaned must be the rookie stripe on the bumper I believe, and it's good to go...
Worth noting that #3 in the signups is already taken DJ (no not by me :razz
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Should this be a hint to a certain someone being not creative?

I think I should come back for the 250&500, I loved them(Not to mention I made the Top Ten twice!).

Just asking: You've still got my livery from last year? The only thing that must be cleaned must be the rookie stripe on the bumper I believe, and it's good to go...

you know what I mean Anyways I'm gonna update your skin, np with that
Quote from steven_martin :Worth noting that #3 in the signups is already taken DJ (no not by me :razz

I'll do a Busch to him then, nobody gonna survive that.

What a shame, it won't be as nice without the "real 3".
So roof number should be well readed from stands right?
Hmm, ok then. But I think someone put "this side up" arrow upside down in locations guide scheme.

(or this arrow shows "number faced to the inside" and anyway when I asked someone what they think everyone sayed: Are you blind? It's "this side up" u dumb.:huepfenic)
no, the arrow is correct. Your number should be upside down in skin view.
Quote from luki97 :Hmm, ok then. But I think someone put "this side up" arrow upside down in locations guide scheme.

(or this arrow shows "number faced to the inside" and anyway when I asked someone what they think everyone sayed: Are you blind? It's "this side up" u dumb.:huepfenic)

how would they read it? they wouldn't be able to see the top of the car to well unless it is martinsville or a flat track
Quote from luki97 :Hmm, ok then. But I think someone put "this side up" arrow upside down in locations guide scheme.

Quote from dekojester :Cyan areas - car number; grey arrow on roof indicates the direction the number should be facing.

The number on the roof is more a thing for Race Control. If it is a big track (Daytona e.g.) race control should still be able to read the numbers, when the cars are in the banking. Nowadays with the camera technique it is less important for them, but spectators at the opposite side of the track should still be able to see who is who for the fans at the side where the cars are, there are the right door numbers
23, 52, 64
Attached images
XRT_2012KY250_52.jpg
XRT_2012KY250_23.jpg
XRT_2012KY250_64.jpg
Skins for Speed Desire Team:
69, 121, 730
Attached images
XRT_sd_69_ky250.jpg
XRT_sd_121_ky250.jpg
XRT_sd_730_ky250.jpg
# 97 skin:
Attached images
XRT_pontiac97_ky250.jpg

Thanks to Thilo for adding numbers
Attached images
XRT_250_MTDZXN83.jpg
Quote from Kid222 :I was tempted to use the first one, but then i decided to go with something more reasonable.

Kudos to Bean0 for the original.

Üpdätëd.
Different numbers for a same team need anything other then different number, or do you need different color mirrors ect..?
Quote from TFalke55 :The number on the roof is more a thing for Race Control. If it is a big track (Daytona e.g.) race control should still be able to read the numbers, when the cars are in the banking. Nowadays with the camera technique it is less important for them, but spectators at the opposite side of the track should still be able to see who is who for the fans at the side where the cars are, there are the right door numbers

At Bristol I found myself looking at the roof numbers alot this year when they were in the turns, so yes, it's useful for spectators and RC when the cars are in a steep banking, and not so much as they go by. Spectators on the outside of a steep banking can't see any of the cars as they go by anyways, so a left facing is the only way that the number is effective.
Quote from greg_slideways :Different numbers for a same team need anything other then different number, or do you need different color mirrors ect..?

short answer: No. However, we wouldn't mind if it was somewhat different, sothat one can see it on the little screen and on the stream^^

2012 Kyoto 250: Skins
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG