The online racing simulator
Round 8 - Kyoto Grand Touring Circuit (KY32) - Drivers' Briefing & Race Discussion

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Hello drivers and managers,

Welcome to Round 8 of the Super GT Series!

We have a number of things to discuss before the racing gets underway, so have a look at the categories below:

1. Rule changes

There have been no rule changes since round 7. However, we suggest that all drivers refresh themselves on the rules in general. The full rulebook is available here.

2. Start Procedure

The SC speed is unchanged at 60mph/100kph.

As usual, we will be asking the polesitter in each class which side of the grid they prefer to start from.

Also, the GT500 leader should keep Rule I2.2 in line:

Quote :2.2) After crossing the restart line, the leader may return to full race pace. Once the leader has returned to race pace, the green flag will be displayed.

3. Weather

Per rule B4, a random number draw is used to determine whether low wind will be used. If the number drawn is odd, wind is used; if even, wind is not used.

The number drawn for this round was 8. Therefore, NO WIND will be used in the Qualifying Heat Race, as well as the official Quali and Race sessions.

4. Penalties

In the Super GT Series, all protests are ruled upon after the event. Post-race penalties may be given in the form of time penalties, points penalties, grid position penalties, or deferred DT/SG penalties. Post-race time penalties will be as follows:

DT: 15s
SG: 30s

5. Qualifying Heat Race

The grid for the Qualifying Heat Race is as follows:

GT500:

Not participating.

GT300:

1. Scuderia Gas Racing Team 2. Last Lap Motorsports
3. Conquest Racing 4. cargame.nl
5. Tuna Racing Team 6. E-Team / FSR
7. meh Racing 8. Sonicrealms Racing
9. Hellenic Racing Team

Assuming all confirmed GT500 cars show up, the top 7 finishers in the GT300 qualifying heat race will be allowed to participate in the official qualifying and race sessions. If fewer GT500s show up, more GT300s may advance.

*** If you do not finish in the top 7 in the Qualifying Heat Race, DO NOT attempt to participate in qualifying UNLESS OTHERWISE INSTRUCTED BY AN ADMIN. ***

Please keep Rule F5.1 in mind:

Quote :F5.1: Protests may be lodged regarding incidents that occur during the qualifying heat races, but these too will be judged after the event has been completed. Penalties resulting from these incidents may range from grid penalties, to points penalties, to exclusion from the feature race results.

6. Qualifying Servers

We will use two qualifying servers, one for GT500 and one for GT300:

Super GT Series = GT500
Super GT Series Backup = GT300
One day luck gonna help spdo and unluck gonna go away...
Hopefully.
Quote from MoMo92i :One day luck gonna help spdo and unluck gonna go away...

Same for us mate. Next season will be better, I believe. Thank you all admins and ppl that made that season come true and being intense for the whole time. Grats top 3 in every class! Ups and downs thru whole season. Thanks to my team for the support they gave me and keeping me motivated. The last round didn't passed how we want it and how the watchers wanted I think, but this is racing. We definitely will be back stronger and recharged
#5 - Hahmo
Thanks to Admins, Streamers & Commentators and especially racers from Vires. We have had our ups and downs, race win taken away, me being away from podium by less than half a second at Fern bay, and today we finally got the podium in the last sector of the last lap. Big thanks to Tommy for helping out while many of Vires members were unable to attend the race.

See you next season!
Real bad luck both spdo and GenR but downs mean ups!

Thanks to everyone involved for an enjoyable season and I can't wait for next season!
Great race for APR this time, 7th place overall is a good thing, we're happy. Hopefully we'll be there in the next season!
Has really been an awesome season with great racing, even with the few rounds that LLM actually got into, it was always fun. Overall 15th place with the 4 rounds that we attented is good. I believe I'm talking for all of the drivers that drove for LLM this season, can't wait for the next season.
Finally a faultless race for LLM as far as our luck is concerned, no spins or huge crashes, and we actually gained a lot of positions coming from where we started, as well as managing to hold off some of the guys we passed. Very fitting end for our final bus race, from now on it's going to be all about trying to get to grips with other cars!
Thanks to admins for this great season! You really making LFS still worth playing, it's great fun to drive races like this and it's a hell of a fun to watch it through stream and remote Keep it up!

Unlucky this race though with a puncture in T1 and N.Bjorklund were struggling to get the car into the pitlane for pitstop and driverswap. Until this we feelt we'd a good pace though we were driving the FXR. We're still happy we made the race with almost no prac at all

As a newcomer in leagues like this you're nervous like hell when entering the race, but at end of the season I've been less nervous and I think that have improved my pace and stability. Hopefully this will improve even more in the future.
Thank you all, admins, commentators, and all drivers-teams who participated all this season.

Special thanks to all spdo members who helped a lot almost in all combos.

Gratz to the champions and winners.
Too bad our GT300 car was struck by such bad luck in the two final rounds, hopefully we'll stay within the top10 in the championship standings.

It has been a very competitive series with intense and close racing. I truly enjoyed this format and I'm really pleased to see it will return. Full grids in pretty much every round is quite an accomplishment, especially when considering the current state of LFS. I guess that speaks for itself. I would like to join the others in thanking the people who made this possible - it has been a pleasure to compete in. Also two thumbs up to Phil, Boothy, Chris, Thilo (and whoever else involved) for hooking us up with a high quality stream with good commentators and a high quality tracker.

And of course a big thanks to all the teams and drivers aswell.

See you next season!
Sorry wildstyle for the small contact in T3, lost the boot of the car on the bump and could avoid to cross your line :s I let you pass back, thanks for the great clean fight (CoRe aswell)
This race was pure madness... Came out of the pits, did a little mistake at the very first corner and got spun by ex-team mate Core guys passed us then they did some mistakes that let us to catch them.. But damn.. Then started whole madness - GT3 traffic... Was so unlucky to overtake those guys at the corner that cost me a tons of time.. Ben obviously was more lucky to get pass before the corner especially the most epic part of the race: two gt3 and me with Ben at the last corner.. T.Falkenberg called me a looser in that case and I agree... I was completely stopped by those gt3 and Ben ran away very much Pitty, 'cos I felt a pace and I thought I could compete with Ben. Everything would been just great if not that last lap and last corner, we miscounted the required fuel, so engine turned off at the last corner and we started our 30sec journey to the finish and right before finish after those 30sec came latvian boys and crossed the line in 0,5sec ahead (insane) Anyways, that was my the first race ever at Super GT Series. Pitty that finally got in at the last stage and wasn't able to get in all season long.

I want to thank Ben, Chis, Michael, Jonathan, Phil, Laurynas, Rudy, Oscar that put their efforts in this business to make it one of the most prestigious series that lfs had ever had. The quality of the series, broadcasting, commentary was superb.

Also, would like to thank personally Ben that gave us an opportunity to take part in the final stage, gave us a setup and all support that we needed (I hope we proved that we were ready and worth to race).

Thank you once again and, hopefully, we get the chance to compete more and better in the next season.
Quote from seniecka :Everything would been just great if not that last lap and last corner, we miscounted the required fuel, so engine turned off at the last corner and we started our 30sec journey to the finish and right before finish after those 30sec came latvian boys and crossed the line in 0,5sec ahead (insane)

And the funny part - I didn't even noticed that,I was so sure that I finished 11th,I didn't understood why teammates in skype were talking about 10th! Even better - your fuel calculation error made us keep 8th in standings (if I calculated correctly),just 1 point ahead of Sonic Realms.
Quote from Eclipsed :And the funny part - I didn't even noticed that,I was so sure that I finished 11th,I didn't understood why teammates in skype were talking about 10th! Even better - your fuel calculation error made us keep 8th in standings (if I calculated correctly),just 1 point ahead of Sonic Realms.

Fuuuuuuu...

Savage y u no 0,5sec faster

It was such a pleasure to race again under E-Team flag quali race was a great practise session, m.Lobato need to be less aggressive I think because he was defending his position really badly That fight make me lose 3s on mikko, wanted to catch him, I was a bit faster but I have made so many errors that finally the gap increased :s

Start of the race was epic...and laggy! Front row messed it a bit so although I started 7th I was challenging vortex right behind genR side by side with mikko and Isaac. Looks like mikko got some lag-bump with isaac that looks to sent him to Krasi causing that crash. Was sad for genR that didn't deserve that. Pretty bad luck with lag I manage to go through T1 in 4th challenging PLZ for 3rd but vincper was laggy so eventually I slow down to make it safe and here begin some close and enjoyable fight with CoRe and Savage. Althiugh everything was clean I clipped Savage in t3 sending them a bit wide so I let them pass back loosing 5s. Rest of my stint was pure hotlap to catch vortex but they pitted when I caught them was such a moment to lead with E-Team car, but I made a stupid error with arbs and cold tyres putting too much load on frot tyres causing it to popped detroying our race :s

Bad luck for spdo, dominator but timed out anyway gratz WW and Vortex for championship, admins and everyone involved (teams, commentators and drivers).

What's now?
Quote from MoMo92i :Sorry wildstyle for the small contact in T3, lost the boot of the car on the bump and could avoid to cross your line :s I let you pass back, thanks for the great clean fight (CoRe aswell)

No worries, mate. I probably also went a little tight there, I could probably have given you a bit more room. Thanks for letting me pass you again, you're such a gentleman.
#19 - CSF
Quote from MoMo92i : was such a moment to lead with E-Team car, but I made a stupid error with arbs and cold tyres putting too much load on frot tyres causing it to popped detroying our race :s

What's now?

"YES E-Team to the lead"

30 seconds later:

"DAMN PUNCTURE!"

I had a witty remark, but I didn't want to be banned from the TS!

What's now? Well there have been initial discussions with parties over road car series, and GT2WS will begin signups in around a month with a late April/Early May start, and I believe SGT will return in the Autumn. Would be nice to have a patch though................
Was a fun race until we got rammed by Mikko
mikko u fat
Quote from seniecka :This race was pure madness... Came out of the pits, did a little mistake at the very first corner and got spun by ex-team mate Core guys passed us then they did some mistakes that let us to catch them.. But damn.. Then started whole madness - GT3 traffic... Was so unlucky to overtake those guys at the corner that cost me a tons of time.. Ben obviously was more lucky to get pass before the corner especially the most epic part of the race: two gt3 and me with Ben at the last corner.. T.Falkenberg called me a looser in that case and I agree... I was completely stopped by those gt3 and Ben ran away very much Pitty, 'cos I felt a pace and I thought I could compete with Ben.

Thanks man, you had me worried until that incident you mentioned.

That was pretty crazy indeed.

Nice race for you guys with limited practice/experience with the setup!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :... Nice race for you guys with limited practice/experience with the setup!

Hopefully that makes up for our not so great (to say the least) GT500 performance on Fern Bay.
Yes, this was a nice debut race for me as SAVAGE's member. :woohoo:

For me it was a surprise that we even had a permission to race and about 45 minutes of training before the start wasn't very good starting point but made it to Finish. Although it was me who took 1 % too less fuel but anyway, we didn't lose 10 seconds by a lap to winner so I'm happy with the result ;d

And wanna say thanks to all of you who made this series, admins, commentators etc. You keep LFS worth racing! And special thanks to Ben who let us drive and gave us setup (which was amazing, not surprising tho).
Great Series over all, where do we sign up for edition 2?

Grats to the winners and drivers!! Special THX to the admins and multimedia team (livestream) for making this series possible!!
big thanks from SR. was good races and i haved some good fights in the 3 races i was part in. grats to WW and Vortex and bad luck spdo

also thanks to they admins who make it happen and the video streamers for making great action

also this was my first gtr league and now i hungry for more

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG