The online racing simulator
LFS will NEVER be realistic with Force mode.
first of all, i am not even as old in this game, but i'd really like to play race games, i played all the race games you can imagine (almost) ive been playing lfs for a month or two, and i really liked it until i SAW that bullshit force mode. i have never witnessed such weird thing in my life.

FORCE MODE >> the mode that is activated by pressing F when you are on track.

this thing removes the WHOLE balance among players, and removes reality. players get advantage of it to see the road better, according to my talkings in servers, most of them use it. i also heard that those ''SO CALLED'' hotlaps can be made with this mode ON.

i cant really believe it, if the developers want this game to be REALISTIC (so they say) they should give a hearing and remove this bullshit mode.

thanks.
#2 - IMOL
Quote from S.E.T.H :first of all, i am not even as old in this game, but i'd really like to play race games, i played all the race games you can imagine (almost) ive been playing lfs for a month or two, and i really liked it until i SAW that bullshit force mode. i have never witnessed such weird thing in my life.

FORCE MODE

this thing removes the WHOLE balance among players, and removes reality. players get advantage of it to see the road better, according to my talkings in servers, most of them use it. i also heard that those ''SO CALLED'' hotlaps can be made with this mode ON.

i cant really believe it, if the developers want this game to be REALISTIC (so they say) they should give a hearing and remove this bullshit mode.

thanks.

Ok? So?
What is a Force Mode? Do you mean this view where you have a diagramm of forces? Well if so I don't understand why you're raging about it, as it is a non mandatory option. You won't find anyone seriously using this online.
Quote from TFalke55 :What is a Force Mode? Do you mean this view where you have a diagramm of forces?

the mode that is activated with pressing F on the track. as you can see the guy posted before you uses it very efficiently
Quote from S.E.T.H :the mode that is activated with pressing F on the track. as you can see the guy posted before you uses it very efficiently

I doubt he uses it that often Although it would explain the one or the other incident he was involved in

I guess his reaction was just a "oh I don't give a s*** about someone saying he is not even 10 years old."

You could rage about the custom views, as there you can see the road also alot better. With propper wheel and rig it becomes slightly more realistic, if you have a simulator it gets even more realistic. This game also allows drivers with gamepads and keyboard driving and mouse driving. So for them to still be competitive it is quiet good to have adjustable views as they do not feel any forces, they have to rely on seeing them on the monitor.
Quote from TFalke55 :I doubt he uses it that often Although it would explain the one or the other incident he was involved in

I guess his reaction was just a "oh I don't give a s*** about someone saying he is not even 10 years old."

You could rage about the custom views, as there you can see the road also alot better.

i'd rage more to see custom views + force mode :grumpy: after all i dont think custom view would give you as much advantage as F mode gives. and would not ruin reality, as much as F mode.
Quote from S.E.T.H :i'd rage more to see custom views + force mode :grumpy: after all i dont think custom view would give you as much advantage as F mode gives. and would not ruin reality, as much as F mode.

Stop raging, and enjoy LFS dammit!
Well,if you want really realistic racing,you have to remove quite a lot,including your lazy ass from PC towards racetrack!
To remove the ability to use the F mode and force cockpit view, there is a host option for that, so it is up to the server hosts.
Quote from S.E.T.H :i'd rage more to see custom views + force mode :grumpy:

Well, that force view has hardly a use in true online racing, believe me. I've used it three times in 6 years of LFS, those three times only to test something out in singleplayer. It gives you way too less information for my information.

But custom views allow racers using mouse or keyboard to have a chance against drivers with wheel or even simulators. mousers or keyboarders don't feel the forces, they have to see them on the monitor.
Quote from Peterbilt :Stop raging, and enjoy LFS dammit!

one more fake racer. i cant believe you guys. i'd rather leave than to play with this bullshit.

thats what lfs is missing, thats why so little players are out there (afaik).
instead of joining me to remove that bullshit, you press me as if i do something wrong. play the fake ''simulation'' game with your fake view, you are not using simulator, you are using some fake 4 tires with 4 orange sticks on them.
Quote from Flame CZE :To remove the ability to use the F mode and force cockpit view, there is a host option for that, so it is up to the server hosts.

what about the fake (in my opinion) hotlaps then? is there option to see hotlaps if force mode was used or not? check it and im sure 90% of the times made with F mode on.

ban the F mode on all of the servers for just 1 day and see whole timeboards are dropping.
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,if you want really realistic racing,you have to remove quite a lot,including your lazy ass from PC towards racetrack!

so you want me to upload my karting races in here? what i want is to get this game better dude. why are u so disturbed?
Quote from TFalke55 :Well, that force view has hardly a use in true online racing, believe me. I've used it three times in 6 years of LFS, those three times only to test something out in singleplayer. It gives you way too less information for my information.

But custom views allow racers using mouse or keyboard to have a chance against drivers with wheel or even simulators. mousers or keyboarders don't feel the forces, they have to see them on the monitor.

if its used hardly, why not remove it?

ive played many games, rfactor too, i was able to play it with mouse and without force mode. and i was fast.

there are many other simulation games and none of them offers such weird mode to 'help' mouse or keyboard drivers.
Quote from S.E.T.H :so you want me to upload my karting races in here? what i want is to get this game better dude. why are u so disturbed?

So basically you want this run for everybody using shift+F mode (just pure screen,no huds,no timing overlays etc) and with a low quality voice in headphones? Only then you will be satisfied?
Quote from S.E.T.H :what about the fake (in my opinion) hotlaps then? is there option to see hotlaps if force mode was used or not? check it and im sure 90% of the times made with F mode on.

I have uploaded 93 hotlap and I have never used this force mode
Quote from Eclipsed :So basically you want this run for everybody using shift+F mode (just pure screen,no huds,no timing overlays etc) and with a low quality voice in headphones? Only then you will be satisfied?

lol you know my point and you try not to understand it. or seem like it. you are trying to move the subject somewhere it was never intended to. if you contiune like this i'll stop replying you. i want the game closest to reality and that force mode is the biggest problem in front of reality.
Quote from suzuki94 :I have uploaded 93 hotlap and I have never used this force mode

why do you think you are in lower rows of the boards? because you are disadvantaged (if you are honest about not using it)
Quote from S.E.T.H :why do you think you are in lower rows of the boards? because you are disadvantaged (if you are honest about not using it)

Please use the multi-quote feature to reply to a lot of people in one post

Choice of view is up to the individual server admins, there are no 'officially' run LFS servers. Dead Men Racing is one I know of that enforces cockpit view, maybe you should try racing here.

Hotlaps are more broken than just views, I'll not mention button clutching...oops.
Quote from S.E.T.H :why do you think you are in lower rows of the boards? because you are disadvantaged (if you are honest about not using it)

lower rows lol? he is the third in the amount of wr's
Why not remove it? Well it was not near any imortance. If mother nature got rid of everything which was not important our DNA would be only one thenth of the size. I mean, seriously, it sounds like you are searching for a reason to not continue playing LFS. Go out, join some league racing and show the world that you can do it without this help. It does not give you that big of an advantage as you think. Believe me or leave. We heard your statement, but you should not believe that using swear words in a first post brings you any advantages. You could've posted your opinion in a polite way, but you decided to insult highly decorated racers as well as long-term members. Also you have a big problem with your view on the world. You even question the honesty of posts? suzuki94 holds several WRs, just for your information.
Quote from S.E.T.H :lol you know my point and you try not to understand it. or seem like it. you are trying to move the subject somewhere it was never intended to. if you contiune like this i'll stop replying you. i want the game closest to reality and that force mode is the biggest problem in front of reality.

How is that the biggest problem? It is in same level as live tyre temperatures shown in F9 menu,damage meter in F10,map overlay,split times,time gaps to all other drivers and other stuff not available in real life racing. So if you want pure realism,you have to remove those too.

Before accusing me using the dark side of force...ehm,I mean force mode,I don't use it either,as I need to see the car to control it. But it is a useful feature that helps to understand what is going on with car,sometimes helps to understand what adjustments to setup needed and if I understand correctly - it was meant for that!
This thread is closed

LFS will NEVER be realistic with Force mode.
(345 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG