The online racing simulator
Nissan enters V8 Supercars for 2013
Read: Holden and Ford fans finally united in their hatred of Nissan.
I'm assuming they will use the Maxima, hideous car.
I just think that the Kellys might have just become the most hated family in Australia

Although it's always nice to see something else other than just Holdens and Fords everywhere. Bring some more marques in for the Aussie V8's to beat!
Quote from Mustafur :I'm assuming they will use the Maxima, hideous car.

Don't know about down there in upside down land, but isn't the Maxima a FWD? Pretty sure the rules state that the COTF or whatever its called cannot be based off a real world counterpart if it is a FWD. Therefore, it would use the GTR which is shown in the picture in the link in the OP.
I really hope they use the GTR not the crappy Maxima.

This is a good move for V8 Supercar though. You can't just have two manufacturers. I hope the others follow Nissan. (Hope to see BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, and Chrysler)

EDIT: Nissan (Aus) CEO said it will be a brand new sedan. so no GTR
-
(RiseAgainstMe!) DELETED by RiseAgainstMe!
#7 - Hahmo
Wow, I didn't see that one coming tbh Should be interesting.
How many teams are planning to get riding this car?
I'd guess it might be some of the infinitis they will be running...
a g37 sedan?
Quote from PMD9409 :Don't know about down there in upside down land, but isn't the Maxima a FWD? Pretty sure the rules state that the COTF or whatever its called cannot be based off a real world counterpart if it is a FWD. Therefore, it would use the GTR which is shown in the picture in the link in the OP.

But the GT-R is a coupe how would that work?
Nissan doesn't make any RWD sedans, heck there only actually RWD car is the 370Z
Quote from el pibe :a g37 sedan?

This is what im thinking.

Infiniti has just started selling cars here too.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I really hope they use the GTR not the crappy Maxima.

This is a good move for V8 Supercar though. You can't just have two manufacturers. I hope the others follow Nissan. (Hope to see BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, and Chrysler)

EDIT: Nissan (Aus) CEO said it will be a brand new sedan. so no GTR

What about an Infiniti R37? Last year they released it (as a concept)

It's an Infiniti sedan based on a GT-R... WANT TO SEE IT. RIGHT. NOW
Wait until it wins Bathurst. There'll be another Bogan Uprising, like the last time a Nissan won:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBusULuWCoY

In all, I think more manufacturers is a good thing for the sport. Also , it might finally sink in to some of the aforementioned bogans that the cars are all exactly the same, and being a 45 year old Ford/Holden fanboy is actually very strange.

PS - Chrysler also rumoured to be entering a 300c (...shaped car that's exactly the same as the others)
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Read: Holden and Ford fans finally united in their hatred of Nissan.

I love the FB comments. Everyone went nuts in terms of "it shall be Holden and Ford only". It's hilarious.

I love the fact, that someone will join the action and hopefully give the oldfarts some trouble. And it might not be the end of it at all. http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/ ... t-for-more-manufacturers/
Skaife wants 2 or 3 more manufacturers. BMW anyone?
Supercars are going the way of Nascar, as far as Bathurst is concerned it needs to go back to it's roots and make it for production cars again.

Race on Sunday sell on Monday.
Good news to see Nissan coming in. Hopefully others (possibly Audi and Hyundai) will be announced soon. At least now the bullshit Ford vs. Holden format in the current incarnation is over.

Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Supercars are going the way of Nascar, as far as Bathurst is concerned it needs to go back to it's roots and make it for production cars again.

Race on Sunday sell on Monday.

That's what the 12/24 hour races should be for.
lol, all those series running V8s now ... they should align the different regs from the Super GT/DTM/V8 Supercars, how epic would that be? Its all Silhouettes now anyway, somewhere from 500 to 600hp.
Great to see more variety of manufacturers getting into this series.

An brilliant showcase every time they take to the track.

Lets hope it opens the doors to the usual German trio, Aston etc
He is not saying Aston are German . The big German three are obviously Audi, Merc and BMW, and other manufacturers like Aston etc. At least that's what I got from it.

But yes Car Of The future will great, allowing more manufacturers. It's a bit of a shame they will be so similar underneath, but still more brands the better. Great to see Nissan on board already.
#20 - JJ72
hm it's now a Silhouette series? a bit of a let down to me :o
-
(Storm_Cloud) DELETED by Storm_Cloud
Quote from Mustafur :But the GT-R is a coupe how would that work?
Nissan doesn't make any RWD sedans, heck there only actually RWD car is the 370Z

Yeah I remembered the FWD bit but forgot the sedan requirement.

Guess it would be the G37, unless something else completely new. Quite a ways away so we have time to watch it unfold.
Quote from ACCAkut :lol, all those series running V8s now ... they should align the different regs from the Super GT/DTM/V8 Supercars, how epic would that be? Its all Silhouettes now anyway, somewhere from 500 to 600hp.

Good luck equalizing those speed-wise. SGT and DTM are very different to V8S.
Quote from deggis :Good luck equalizing those speed-wise. SGT and DTM are very different to V8S.

His point was getting one umbrella rulebook over them... Tbh, DTM would have been much greater just taking the V8 Car of the Future rules... but maybe those would've been too NASCAR-like, as it was unvailed at the Rolex 24 by Eurosport, that NASCAR and ITR (the organiser of DTM) have been in contact for many years. Fruits of this contact will be the US-DTM (6 races at Grand-Am weekends, 6 races at NASCAR Sprint Cup weekends if I recall it correctly) under Grand-Am gouvernance from 2013 on.
Quote from DratsaB :He is not saying Aston are German . The big German three are obviously Audi, Merc and BMW, and other manufacturers like Aston etc. At least that's what I got from it.

I knew it would take an Irishman to make sense of my shamblings
Quote from JJ72 :hm it's now a Silhouette series? a bit of a let down to me :o

For the whole of the V8 Supercars era (i.e. from '97 onwards and from '93-97 to a large extent) it's been pretty close to silhouette anyway. Project Blueprint meant that there was really no such thing as a 'Ford' or 'Holden' V8 Supercar. There just happened to be a V8 Supercar with a Ford engine and ancillary parts and a V8 Supercar with a Chevy engine and ancillary parts. The performance of the two variations was intentionally kept as close as possible and if one variation was seen to have an advantage this was addressed. The days of real Ford vs Holden competition (e.g. in the '70s) is long gone. Ford vs Holden in the V8 Supercar era is only about manipulating the fans.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG