The online racing simulator
Maybe the new Nissan will bring back the Skyline name since the GT-R isn't really a Skyline.
Quote from Rappa Z :Maybe the new Nissan will bring back the Skyline name since the GT-R isn't really a Skyline.

What is it then?
rumors saying, The Nissan Altima (modified by Nismo) will be the Car for the V8SC.

Also, The Nissan will use the same basic floor and cage structure as the Ford and Holden models.

btw.. official safety car looks kickass

Quote from ATHome :What is it then?

According to Nissan its just a GT-R.

Honestly, it makes very little sense.
#30 - aoun
Quote from Rappa Z :According to Nissan its just a GT-R.

Honestly, it makes very little sense.

Makes plenty of sense to me. Every skyline that came out, had a GTR version (not every skyline). Each Skyline had a 4 door RWD design. Each Skyline came out with a GTR version having AWD 2 door and the rest.
When they made the "GTR", they didnt make any skyline version. They continued the Skyline (v35 etc). Simply put, they went separate ways.

I may not have made sense with my poor wording, but does that make sense?
#31 - JJ72
Quote from amp88 :For the whole of the V8 Supercars era (i.e. from '97 onwards and from '93-97 to a large extent) it's been pretty close to silhouette anyway. Project Blueprint meant that there was really no such thing as a 'Ford' or 'Holden' V8 Supercar. There just happened to be a V8 Supercar with a Ford engine and ancillary parts and a V8 Supercar with a Chevy engine and ancillary parts. The performance of the two variations was intentionally kept as close as possible and if one variation was seen to have an advantage this was addressed. The days of real Ford vs Holden competition (e.g. in the '70s) is long gone. Ford vs Holden in the V8 Supercar era is only about manipulating the fans.

I wouldn't know unless you told me, since their street car version has the exact same lines. As long as they visibly resemble the road counterparts with enough difference it is not as bad.
Quote from aoun :Makes plenty of sense to me. Every skyline that came out, had a GTR version (not every skyline). Each Skyline had a 4 door RWD design. Each Skyline came out with a GTR version having AWD 2 door and the rest.
When they made the "GTR", they didnt make any skyline version. They continued the Skyline (v35 etc). Simply put, they went separate ways.

I may not have made sense with my poor wording, but does that make sense?

Well yes that is the case as I understand it. It's just annoying since I'm so use to Skyline GTR.
#33 - aoun
Quote from Rappa Z :Well yes that is the case as I understand it. It's just annoying since I'm so use to Skyline GTR.

Agreed, i find it silly to drop the Skyline name when it still has skyline DNA all over the car. However, that's why im sitting here on my computer and the designers are rich.

On topic:

Looks like it could be the Maxima!

You are so very welcome!

btw this is a Maxima, could likely be the version they use.
Yeah I'm pretty convinced its a G37.
Renault+Nissan+Infiniti=1Company

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG