The online racing simulator
Im a little confused here?
(50 posts, started )
I'm talking about the screen in the attachment. if you press ctrl-alt-del twice in a row there you will get to the login box. and then you can enter "Administrator" as username and no password. try to press login then and see what happens. its important that you are not logged in when you try this (e.g. simply pressed win-l to go to this screen).
Attached images
logonscreen.jpg
doesnt work on XP home
#28 - Jakg
Quote from St4Lk3R :I'm talking about the screen in the attachment. if you press ctrl-alt-del twice in a row there you will get to the login box. and then you can enter "Administrator" as username and no password. try to press login then and see what happens. its important that you are not logged in when you try this (e.g. simply pressed win-l to go to this screen).

ahh, was logged on! ill try it later then
Alternatively you could start your computer in safe mode, when you come to the login screen, the administrator will be shown already.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Alternatively you could start your computer in safe mode, when you come to the login screen, the administrator will be shown already.

yup thats the easy way, I wanted to make it a bit l33t-ish
also you can work a bit easier if you are logged in as "Administrator" to change the password and you have your default screen resolution.
Im running Server 2003, and im very much aware on how to 'secure' my system, but it gets to the point where you just run out of new passwords without forgetting them!! As much as i hate the little phuck he know's how to work a windows box, so ill have to write my own tool or something, or make myself a metal keyboard and have a 240v wire hooked on it ready to fry him!

Thanks to all for the helpful, ill think of something, im sure of it
change your game-password - set up a new one online and type the old one in when you are done with playing... thats the easiest way and also the one scawen suggested
#33 - Jakg
Quote from St4Lk3R :yup thats the easy way, I wanted to make it a bit l33t-ish
also you can work a bit easier if you are logged in as "Administrator" to change the password and you have your default screen resolution.

doesnt work on vista either, ill try it on my "l33t XP Pro system" when im not listening to a retard playing with a McLaren F1's throttle!
Quote from Jakg :doesnt work on vista either, ill try it on my "l33t XP Pro system" when im not listening to a retard playing with a McLaren F1's throttle!

It only works on XP. Vista will have another Backdoor^^
Or run LFS from a pen drive.
Or install it to a hidden location and launch it with an obscurely named batch file.
Or store LFS in an encrypted directory (magic folders type software needed).
Or store LFS on a network path with secure login.
Or become a transvestite and keep your mouse in your handbag.
#36 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :Or become a transvestite and keep your mouse in your handbag.

LMAO!! My nose is now clean, having been thoroughly rinsed with coffee!!!
I'm not even going to try to make an insult out of that last one
#38 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :
Or become a transvestite and keep your mouse in your handbag.

would this be from personal experience?
Now I don't have to do it anymore ^^ Wanted to say something similar
Seems like ur brothers are up to their old tricks Rooble, trying to gain admin rights in my server, Here is a small part of the conversation ....

Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: All 3 of you are banned
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Good bye ..
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: Polymatrix-CID - who do u think ur tlkin 2
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Lol
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: Polymatrix-CID - who r u sayin u 3 are all banned to ?
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: You're saerver is hosted bye my brothers company if im no mista
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: cool, but still remember i pay for this server
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: not u
[Tš³]f31n7 pitted
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: so ill decide whos banned
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Cool But i think You'll Find I know You're Admin Pass and User
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: so ur brothers gna let u mess with peoples accounts?
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Im Co-owner
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: I own 50 %
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: do ya?
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: I Do the Advetisement Ect..
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: then im your customer.... leave it to me whos banned please
Polymatrix-CID [Rooble]: Ok then....
CNRUKBigUKGCOP [ukg]: i dont expect to be told who is and isnt banned...

You are banned from my server for quite a long time, although if you can guarantee this wont happen again, I'll be more than happy to unban you, although, from reading this it doesnt look like you can give any guarantees ?
Use a PM dude, no need to spam this stuff all over the place before it's been properly investigated.
I say its time to give your brothers some ass-spanking action! *SPLAT*
Quote :I'm not convinced of the need for this system, it's great to see the Devs taking action but I don't think it is necessary to do this with the Wrecker Barricade, which is discriminate and less likely to be abused.

Because of it we have one less wrecker on licensed S2 servers. (See above for details). Something to ponder perhaps?
Is this your computer or the family computer? If it's yours, disable the guest account, password protect the administrator account, disable fast user switching, and press crtl+alt+del then enter whenever you get up. Although, someone can still hard boot your computer while it's locked, if they don't have an account, they can't get on.

If it's the family computer, I'd agree with Becky and run LFS from a flashdrive.
Quote from 96 GTS :Is this your computer or the family computer? If it's yours, disable the guest account, password protect the administrator account, disable fast user switching, and press crtl+alt+del then enter whenever you get up. Although, someone can still hard boot your computer while it's locked, if they don't have an account, they can't get on.

If it's the family computer, I'd agree with Becky and run LFS from a flashdrive.

Question numbero uno: why disable fast user switching, if there isn't another account, just to make the comp a bit faster or am I missing something?
Two: How do you hard boot a computer? (Just wanna know, don't use it, don't have a computer to use it on either )
Quote from sgt.flippy :Question numbero uno: why disable fast user switching, if there isn't another account, just to make the comp a bit faster or am I missing something?
Two: How do you hard boot a computer? (Just wanna know, don't use it, don't have a computer to use it on either )

Disabling fast user switching allows you to lock the computer. This doesn't allow the computer to be used at all, it looks like a logon screen, but only the person that locked it can log on.
You hard boot a computer by unplugging it, holding the power button, or hitting the reset switch
Quote from 96 GTS :Disabling fast user switching allows you to lock the computer. This doesn't allow the computer to be used at all, it looks like a logon screen, but only the person that locked it can log on.
You hard boot a computer by unplugging it, holding the power button, or hitting the reset switch

I already knew that last but, but I wasn't sure I have this weird start up problem that occurs from time to time where all my devices just freeze (light on my camera stays on, instead of a blimp, screen stays off, bluetooth sticks stays on while it should go off, ...) Only a hard boot can make it snap out.

About the locking, I already went that far to get a guest account for my dad, that's far enough for keeping him out my business
if you are a saint, buy your brother his own copy and let him learn how to be responsible with it.

if not, just beat him senseless.
Quote from Rooble :Ok so it seems yet again, my deviant younger brother has done the same stunt as he did not long ago!

I'm sorry for all and any havoc or mischief he has caused, and i assure you none of this was me, and i was completely unaware of it! And yes, as ive been told before its my responsibility and its partly my fault (well mostly)

I wont make a big song and dance about it, but my younger brother has become a bit of an **** the past few months because of the crowd he hangs out with.

Let it be known, that ill beat him good and proper! I've warned him once before, I've banned him from LFS completely, i even took a break myself. He obviously cant be trusted, and to any server owners please do not fear, he doesn't have any details or passwords or such. So don't be alarmed, he is just a little sh*t trying to play big with my name.

I know a few of the 'respected' members within this community, I'm sure they know i wouldn't do such a thing.illepall

Sorry again!

Rooble

*Ill be changing my LFS password now too, just to make double sure! I wish someone would have also made this apparent to me sooner!*

Says it all
By quoting an old saying (with a slight modification)...
"where do you need enemies when you have brothers like that"

Im a little confused here?
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG